Tales of the Mud City v2 - A Fallout FRP (RP)

Quackers

People’s Republic of Jiāyuán
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/16/cb/8516cbe7db71cbd6ab9e40de5275b71c.png

“The Territories secured at least one small part of the surrounding area. It seems our next assignment will be to venture southward deeper into the city in an attempt to clear our more space and locate materials. While enemies are strictly mentioned..it's clear the Republic is doing this to disguise their efforts to ensure no enemies lay near the borders of the Republic.”

“Otherwise perhaps they’d only be sending of Officers and a small group to clear them out, but instead they're sending a hundred of us. It’s not clear yet what the goal is, but I know I’ll do my part. I feel blessed to be trained and trusted with the spare firearms we have available, as our armory grows however I’ll have to take more effort to distinguish myself above the others.”

A journal entry into Tian’s personal diary.

==OOC==
Population: 1,515
Base Income: 15,000c
Population Income: 8,000c
Market: 2,000c
Upkeep: 5,250c
Unused: 11,750c
Total: 31,500c

Productions/Expenses
Base: 2M, 5S, 2R
Scrap Yards(2): 2M
Agri House: 2S
Refinery: 2F
Construction Yards: 3B
Pop Production: 4R
Pop Needs: -6S

Storage
0M/9S/3B/2F

Buildings
2 Scrap Yards, Market, 3 Construction Yards, Agri House, Refinery

-Actions-

Work continues into T2 Heavy Firearms (8R/20R T2)

The Party continues to divert resources to ensuring the fledgling PLA receives the equipment it needs. 50 T2 Firearms (6M)

With extra space still remaining the Republic sees need to begin expansion into nearby areas and exert more control for more facilities. The Republic secures the efforts of construction for 3 more Construction Yards (22,500c)

25 Trained Soldiers and 75 Green Conscripts are sent into explore and scavenge the 2 blocks directly south of their Territory. 25 Soldiers are armed with 25 T2 Firearms/Melee/Armor. Conscripts are Melee T2 only. (MOD)

T H E  O A S I S

Crow fluttered down and landed on the branch of the tall, mutated, and snow covered tree. The landscape was gray and white, far in the distance, great plumes of smoke billowed out of one of Chicago’s long dormant skyscrapers. Perhaps Crow wondered where Eagle was, maybe not. Regardless, it missed having readily available food, especially during the winter. Without a second thought, Crow dropped the small shiny object he had found, letting it fall to the forest floor before flapping away..

-------- Actions --------
-One additional plot of banana trees is tended to [5000 C + 2 B]
-A new banana market is opened [5000 C + 1 B]
-T2 Armor [3/10]
-300 Weapons (T2) and 100 bows (T3) hewn for Hannibal’s war parties [4 M]

-One Dev point is invested into “Simple Minded”

-Eagle continues to search the south for the bad-men, this time in much more condensed areas (1/3) (MOD)

TWISTED SKULLS

The Passionate Foodie: 2006 Twisted Oak River of Skulls

Spoiler

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power. You are free.” – An old world scholar.

The fledgling raider nation slowly begins to grow through the streets of the former slum. At the entrance of the encampment one could find the mangled bodies of the former slaves, each piece of the body impaled on a different spike. The only piece of flesh missing from the piece would be the heads, likely being used as basketballs or something by the Skeleton Crew.

At the same time, under a peculiar tent at the edge of camp, a group of ragtag intellectuals sat around the eerie glow of their experiments. At their head was a Dr. Evelynn Shaw; a Vault-Tec scientist preserved through ghoulification. Shaw is unique among the Twisted Skulls in that she wasn’t from Vault 57, instead offering her valuable skills as a doctor to the warband as payment for her life. At the other end of the table sat a familiar old man, decrepit and masked as usual. He slowly slid a piece of paper across the table,

YU MAKE GOODER PEW-PEWY FOR SKULLZ. STOPID GRUNTS KEEP MELTIN THEYR HANDS.

The ghoul seemed to scoff, rolling up the illiterate ramblings up into a ball and tossing them on the floor. She had already done Osiris a big favor by constructing those plasma weapons for him to begin with. She raised an eyebrow to the hunch-back, “Do you have any idea how long it will take to get the proper prototypes functioning? Me and my crew are already practically unfunded, everything we do comes out of our own pockets. Mister Mask responded with a simple grunt before reaching under his robes. He procured a the head of one of the slave boys before slamming it onto the table and storming off. Shaw seemed uncertain as to whether the gesture was meant as payment or as a threat. Regardless, it was convincing to say the least.

Turn 2 – 2272

Spoiler

Population: 243

Equipment: 25 T2 Gunpowder, 100 T1 Plasma, 200 T1 Melee, 40 T2 Armor, 75 T3 Armor

Troops: 50 Trained, 96 Green

Production: 2B, 2M, 4S, 2R

Characters

Uterius Burke: S 0, P 3, E 1, C 0, I 1, A 3, L 0

Smiley: S 4, P 0, E 2, C 0, I 0, A 2, L 0

Dr. Evelynn Shaw: S 0, P 1, E 0, C 0, I 3, A 0, L 1

God-King Osiris: S 2, P 0, E 0, C 2, I 1, A 0, L 1

Actions

Burke leads his band north across the expressway to enslave the few scavengers and wastelanders inhabiting the area, secondarily acting as a scouting party to chart out the area. [MOD] [20 Trained; T3 Armor, T1 Melee, T2 Gunpowder]

A market is built in the capital. [5000 C + 1 B]

2% Population Growth [3 S]

Researching T2 Plasma [2/25 R]

Edited by Vilebranch

GRAHAM’S HUNTERS

Year:2270

The Hunters are quiet, their block completely desolate. Save for the odd out of place shadow, which quickly dissipates into the natural landscape. 

A C T I O N S

-1 Market [-5000, 1B]

-Salvage Yard [7500, -2B]

-50 Molotovs are manufactured.

-5R towards Military Grade rifles.(10 total)

-Callum gets some target practice in with a sling shot and a stone, trying to break a glass a good 25 meters away.(Trying to increase perception.)

Midwest Enclave

PZNhNIuxVFyJA4nUHB1ZvtoBZIwFp6amT08nY5ejABxSZ8gaFRc-ZS16dAl9UKynrMQ2USZxGashIR1drFvyC5cQ4BwTebo72F4ZkwIGM76h285Akf7RV-324z9MoVtQShf9LUco

Report from the Office of Secretary of State Ryan Kennedy  

The state of Chicago is far more dire than first thought. We’ve yet to find a single permanent settlement or any real form of civilization. In order to mask our presence for the time being we’ve removed all non-enclave personnel from the city block we’ve occupied. I’ve instructed General William Hooker to oversee expansion of our headquarters into the surrounding city blocks. Meanwhile I’ve tasked Commissioner Edward Chavez with collecting intelligence for the rest of the inhabitants of Chicago. However, with our personnel so little I’d like to make a formal request for reinforcements and any supplies able to be sent. In order to effectively reestablish control over Chicago I will need more equipment and manpower. 

Until further noticed I shall follow the instructions given and our presence in the city shall be kept secret and remain our priority for it to remain so. However, I do worry the effects of prolonged exposure to the wasteland and its mutants will have on my men. Radiation has mutated everything out here, had I been given the proper resources I could conduct a true purge of the mutants within the city but for the time that shall have to wait. 

I pray this report is delivered, as I fear our communication is strain with our other facilities. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA,

Ryan F Kennedy

Actions

Report is sent back to Enclave HQ

The Patrol from earlier is recalled, and an expedition of Twenty Men lead by Captain Daniel Perez is sent to the block directly south of the Enclave base. Their orders are to explore and prepare the block for expansion. Any wastelanders discovered within the area are to be eliminated. The party is geared with T3 body armor and T1 Heavy Firearms.

15 T1 Heavy Weapons are built (3M)

Fortifications are built in the Block for defense (500 C + 1B)

Fuel Refinery is built (5000 + 1B)

T2 heavy firearms are being researched (20/20)

Edited by Imperium

Turn 3 

(2273)

An announcement to the surviving wasteland was made, one to solidify to all factions of the Mud City that they were not alone. From downtown, the pyres of the Blackhawks were joined by an additional, much larger plume of dust and debris. Shortly following afterward, an explosion that sent debris across the western region of downtown Chicago echoed out across the region. Many of those in the area could only watch as the southwestern Presidential Tower’s upper levels were reduced to a topper of twisted metal and the charred remains of the fighting within. Word spreads across the city that this is the outcome when you stand against “The Dragon”.

In the center of downtown, high above the remaining skyscrapers, the Illinois Tower continued to burn. The once prideful building of Chicago being turned into little more than a pyre to mark the ongoing war of the Blackhawks. They march westward, crossing the St. Lawrence River Divide and into the newly controlled Atom Dragon’s territory. After being granted passage through the territory, the war party heads northwest, towards the ongoing sounds of battle in the region east of O’Hare International. 

THE GUILD OF ENGINEERS

Bonk.

Eastern Brotherhood of Steel

The attempted community outreach across the wasteland is initially answered with silence, though as the year went on more troubled men and women came to the borders of the Eastern Brotherhood. While many of them didn’t meet the standards of warranting full indoctrination, many did have the basic skills to survive in the wasteland. (+75 Civilized Population)

A similar situation to the last, the outgoing expedition meets a contingent of wildlife. A herd of molerats had made their way under the desolate railway system that passed through the block and were none too friendly to the intruders in their territory. With their armor and arms, the men of the Eastern Brotherhood made easy work of the overgrown rodents, most keenly their plate armor faring well against the buck teeth of the critters. (Block cleared, Addison +1 Perception, +1 Luck)

Western BoS Expedition

And so they set off, braving the wilderness of the wastes. (Discord)

The messages are… berating, to say the least. While some wasters come to the Western Brotherhood bearing tokens of ‘advanced technology’, mostly broken clocks or home hardware items, a small handful find themselves capable enough to be indoctrinated into the Brotherhood itself. (+5 Advanced Population)

CAESAR’S LEGION

Perhaps not the faction they were looking for, but surely one they did find belonging to the west. Through the radios, a voice belonging to that of the Western Brotherhood rings out, declaring their presence in the region as well as a message to any and all wastelanders to join their cause (if deemed worthy). It’s no NCR, but surely a possible target for the future.

While heading east, the legion finds little to nothing in the region. Dormant wildlife, and a few empty cans. It seems word of the Legion’s presence has gotten out. However, in the western expedition the legion faces against Mother Nature yet again. A sizable pack of wild mutts meets them to defend their territory. The alpha, nearly twice if not three times the size of the rest, proves to be a worthwhile opponent for the legionaries. Following the hacking of flesh and slaying of the beast, the legionaries return to their home territory with more food than they had set off with. (-15 Population, +1 S)

5th Marine Regiment

Their attempts of keeping the place clean seem to help, mainly with the attraction of like-minded individuals that would seek to see such an establishment prosper, of course for their own gain. (Merchant - Discord)

New California Republic

The men establish themselves in the region, keeping any wouldbe squatters and possible intrusions of wildlife at bay. (Jerimiah +1 Perception)

Colonel Jenkins leads the men eastward, swiftly and covertly dealing with a pack of wild mongrels that inhabited the area. The usage of military tactics to dispatch of wild animals may be deemed excessive, though practice makes perfect. (Jenkins +1 perception, +1 Charisma)

Word of the NCR has seemed to have spread, as more settlers are brought in and made citizens of the new Republic in Chicago. (+40 Civ Population)

Among the wasters comes a man of familiar origin. (Discord)

ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL

All is quiet for Rock Island externally. Although the burning of pyres and drums of war to their north are heard, the year passes with no intrusions. However, internally within the recently conquered borders of the Chicago PD the populace is restless. While those who had despised the Islanders for invading had fled, some have remained. They take action against the Islanders, burning one of the previously Chicago owned scrap yards in defiance against their new administration. (-1 Scrap Yard in southernmost block)

THE CHICAGO-ILLINOIS CHRONICLE

Within the boundaries of the Chronicle, word spreads of another faction in their midst. Their telecommunicators speak words of another group, due to the west, seeking their own brethren. This “Brotherhood of Steel” is one of friendly demeanor, offering peace and protection to those nearby. Many within the Chronicle wonder if contact should be established with them, while some speak of stories of the Brotherhood only acting in their self interests. The decision lies with our lord.

The Kingdom

The block south is indeed still cleared, though perhaps establishing a temporary garrison may be needed to keep it that way.

Wanderers are seen passing by, many looking upon the Kingdom’s feudalistic and unrefined ways with little intrigue. Though there is a small minority that sees it as a peaceful, alternative way of living within the wastes. (+35 Civ Population)

The Apostles of Christ

The men of Christ scout the blocks, each with similar outcomes. Small groupings of hostile wildlife confront them each step of the way, each taking their toll on ammunition and supplies. Though by the end of the year each block is scouted for converts with some success. On their final mission, they stumble across a group of settlers in prayer. Whether out of desperation or they are true followers is yet to be seen, though they are brought back with the Fathers regardless. (+20 Civ Population, Jacob/Samuel +1 Perception, +2 Charisma)

As the men move south, they prepare to brave the wildness that awaits them. Though, as the area in the area... none comes. There is a lack of hostile wildlife, and the block is cleared with no issues. (Block cleared)

T H E  O A S I S

Eagle reports back with some reports of an established group to their southwest. Although there is little to go off of, there is someone there. Whether it is the same people from before is unknown, as Eagle did not see the man that Mortar confronted.

TWISTED SKULLS

To the land north, Burke and his men find little opposition. A swarm of bloatfly’s attempts to take a member of the party, though Burke’s own speed and strength may have very well saved the man’s life from becoming their next meal. They return to their territory victors, bringing with them many prizes of their counquest. (Block cleared, +30 Slaves, Burke +1 Agility, +1 Strength)

GRAHAM’S HUNTERS

Using a slingshot is just simply not comparable to using a weapon. When he actually decides to take his revolver out of its holster, only then does he actually get better at using firearms. (+1 Perception)

Midwest Enclave

With brutal efficiency the block is cleared, the longstanding group of feral ghouls that roamed the area being no match for the efficiency of the Enclave’s weapons. (Block Cleared)

A T O M   D R A G O N S

HIS word spreads far across the city, the explosion gaining Him a reputation. With many wanderers in fear of the Dragon, and some seeking his power as a place of refuge, many flock to the land of the Dragon, many bringing with them tokens of their dedication. (+90 Ghouls, +50 Civilized [Slaves])

Midwest Enclave

PZNhNIuxVFyJA4nUHB1ZvtoBZIwFp6amT08nY5ejABxSZ8gaFRc-ZS16dAl9UKynrMQ2USZxGashIR1drFvyC5cQ4BwTebo72F4ZkwIGM76h285Akf7RV-324z9MoVtQShf9LUco

Report from the Office of Secretary Ryan F Kennedy 

General William’s men have successfully cleared another city block for expansion. We shall begin preparation for expansion. The small victory has done well to boost the spirit of our personnel, and marks the beginning of our plan to retake Chicago from the chaos and mutants of the wasteland. Because of our success, I’ve been instructed to proceed with the next stage of reintegrating Chicago. 

With our presence in Chicago firmly secured, I’ve set up three departments to oversee our efforts in retaking the wasteland. 

Department of War

Overseen by General William Hooker, we shall lead our military forces within the wasteland. Charged with defending our territory and eliminating any threats to the Enclave mission in the city. 

Department of Intelligence

Overseen by Commissioner Edward Chavez, tasked with collecting information throughout the wasteland. Gathering intel on various other factions in the area, and its inhabitants. The Department shall also be responsible for maintaining the secrecy of our operations in the wasteland.

Department of Research 

Headed by Doctor Luke Scott, the Department of Research and development will be tasked with creating new technology to aid the Enclave effort.  They will also be the scientific branch, to research and study anything that could help us in our mission.

With the new system in place, I have high hopes for the Enclaves. I will be sending a copy of our plans along with this report linked below.

GOD BLESS AMERICA,

Secretary Ryan F Kennedy

ATTACHED FILE:

Operation Great American Liberty (GAL)

CLASSIFIED INFORMATION MUST HAVE LEVEL FIVE CLEARANCE TO ACCESS. . . 

Actions

With the Block Secured, the process of expanding into the block is started (10,000 C +5 B)

Plans begin to be drawn up for an underground base to be built beneath the city blocks the Enclave occupies. Secretary Kennedy wants to know how much such a project will cost in terms of material and time. (MOD)

Research is starts in T3 Heavy Firearms (7/50)

Thirty Soldiers are trained (From Green to Trained 3,000 C)

OPERATION G.A.L. IS STARTED

BUCHANAN'S BRIGADE

IhdAiVYEjdOMf3FbGYtIa_titSzSY93v32TPTb9t-Ag3rJvqMhwoIjF96Mtx9fab1AQzh-EfsrLQnh1SAEKxmKWVe2WBZkZcnor3qO_ztPxr35ah-s2GyN28fuyA-Bf9L4-ZfhqD

2274 - Turn 4
------------------------------
The whistling scream of an artillery shell screeched through the night, and an almighty explosion burst across the camp. Shattered ammunition cases and burning fuel barrels rained around the NCR camp, as bullets exploded and ricocheted in the intense heat of the fire. Screams of pain and anguish echoed, mingling with the roars and shouts of officers calling their men to position. A company raced down towards the trenches protecting the perimeter, but as they leapt into the dug outs, Legionaries fell on them, leaping into the trench and tearing the horrified Troopers to ribbons. Gunfire burst through the night, as NCR men on the left managed to get their machine guns firing, just in time to shred the first ranks of the approaching enemy. One gun jammed, and through the bloody haze and tangled bodies of the first wave came Caesar's veterans, hardened warriors all, and the flank broke.

Across the river sat Buchanan's Brigade, sent over the previous night by General Campbell, to fortify the other bank, to cross in the morning. It was there that Brigadier-General Buchanan scrambled out into the night, only half dressed, and armed only with a battered pair of binoculars. "Get the mortars turned!" He roared at a band of shaken looking conscripts, as he anxiously peered through the binoculars at the other half of the NCR camp. "Where is the ******* bugler?! Sound the call to arms and positions!"

The bugle call thundered, and men rushed into their positions, clutching service rifles and cramming helmets on their heads. A sudden roar cut through the murky night, as a panicked captain yelled out in horror. "Sir! On our left!" 

Buchanan wheeled round, surprised but determined, and roared. "Fire at will, you sons of *******!" Once more, gunfire erupted, as NCR Troopers gunned down hundreds of crazy, shrieking Legionaries. This time, the green enemy forces shattered, and fell back in confusion, just as the Legion sprang their trap.

A solid wedge of Caesar's Best came charging from the other side of the river, where three full brigades of troops had been put to flight. The new Legionaries smashed into the NCR gunline, and Buchanan's men swiftly caved under the pressure, and hundreds of Troopers were caught in a violent pell mell in and around the water. 

Buchanan shook his head grimly. "Picton, I want a rearguard." 
Colonel Picton nodded, shouting for a company to form up on him. Buchanan turned to his chief aide d'camp. "Captain Trimball, I want you to recover our mortars and our battle honours - keep them well guarded and fall back."

"Yes sir!" shouted the pale looking officer, as he sprinted off into the night. Buchanan stepped into his tent and collected the uniform he hadn't had time to don, as he burned or collected confidential information. 

"Company will form line!" Thundered Picton. "Pick your shots well now boys! Steady! Steady!" He called, as his men fired into the oncoming Legionaries. Fleeing NCR Troopers sprinted past the rearguard, until Picton grabbed a man and struck him across the face. "No! No! Not like that! Face the enemy, you damned cowards!" Still the gunfire rang out, as the gunline moved back, a step at a time, firing steadily into the oncoming Legionaries. Men who had been fleeing gathered their wits, and hastily joined the gunline, as the company stepped back, step after step after step. 

Finally, they reached the edge of the camp, and the Legionaries turned their attention to looting the abandoned position, as Picton and his men finally retreated into the night.

----

Buchanan stepped out of the building, if it could be called that, housing the officer quarters. He glanced down at the pavement, rubbing his stuff neck with one hand. Another bad night's sleep. Whenever that dream struck, only one detail ever crossed his mind afterwards.

He ******* hated the Legion.

2 Scrap Yards - 4B + 15'000C
1 Market - 1B + 5'000C
1 Construction Yard - 7'500C
22 men are trained - 2'200C

45 T1 Heavy Weapons (9M)
150 T1 Guns (6M)

75 T2 Guns (9M)

Eastern Brotherhood of Steel

Ww3FjT9iS0CQfMthBKxWnJ2ByuVMOC5ZoC2Qb7YOYM_1_GPCGHe2otruuzIVZMELSLRCzLX7TIIBfdo0_c2lttcPv7IjvWfoW5m4E06JYhIMHlwR5fv1a2vVB2fnR7rRiHBbgMun

Roleplay: 

ELDER’S TERMINAL

> October 5th, 2273

>Knight-Captain Addison’s report

As requested, Elder, here is a weekly report of the current situation regarding security and technological matters. Patrols along the northern border report no return of those giant insects that killed Knight Caleb the previous year, this is confirmed further by the arrival of wastelanders through this area. Eastern patrols report a good influx of wastelanders after we wiped out the abominations and so far we’ve seen no other wildlife in the area there. The other vectors report absolute silence, the only sightings have been of some dogs but it’s a refreshing change for our troops there. 

Following the patrols, our knights assigned to processing the new initiates state that they managed to find a home for about seventy-five though only fifteen are capable of combat duty in any form having performed as mercenaries or guards for their settlements. The rest are being brought up safely as scribes per your request and the head scribes report many are ready to be assigned. I must share concern though... We are recruiting like we did in DC and we should be wary of who we assign to the logistics stations. We don’t want to repeat the run-away Blamco heist. Otherwise Elder, we can expect to be up to a working force that would rival our father chapter. 

I will state Elder, we should start looking for targets to salvage shortly. We shouldn’t get bogged down in morality like our father chapter, even you stated we aren’t here to provide another charity.

Stats: 207 Adv. Pop, 75 Civ. Pop, 8 B, 4 M, 4 S, 21,000 C, 7 RP

[20 Stockpiled spaces]

(10,000 C, 2 B) A singular lab is built in the capital wing much to the excitement of the scribes.

(10,000 C, 2 B) 2 Markets are constructed in the newly minted wasteland district to enable greater commerce with locals.

(1,000 C, 2 B) Broadcasting their position and taking on locals was bold but now they had to prepare for the event of hostels investigating their position. 

[4 M] 28 sets of metal armor is produced.

[25/25 RP] Eureka! Shouts the head scribe, a power armor frame had been fully reverse engineered but unfortunately it would have to be shittly covered in home-made plating. 

[3/10 RP] A new scribe was caught nodding off on Jet but before he was evicted, his brothers found a plausible plan for set of gauss weaponry... the Elder has permitted its research. [T1 Gauss]

[ACTION] Knight-Captain Addison begins sending out patrols to buffer and spot incoming civilians or hostiles, 25 trained men with T3 Armor and T2 Gunpowder are deployed to this task with her leading one of them. Meanwhile 50 trained men with T1 Guns are set to receive and process the civilized arrivals. 

[ACTION] Radio broadcast continues well into this year due to the success of bringing at least some men to the cause, the broadcast however is sent out to bring in more individuals and local leaders of settlements. 

Edited by Devland99

5th Marine Regiment

OGparENvuPnKM4v3rVfkJunwqmn6FMyrBl77KoSkTSY2EkxxMAfMIVR2mQd8EEbFGZBNXfWk7EboD4jgyWSqcCy6BXzKk51dgecWuzLah72UVITHCmHKmrvc8Z3EHdqxDEc2qHov

The last few years had been good for the expedition, although the sense of frontierism had died down many began to think of the neighbourhood of edgewater as home, the winds were much calmer in mud city. Although the years spirits were significantly jolted watching another skyscraper in the distance explode into flames, it was then that many were glad not to be in the downtown sector as originally planned. 

Throughout the block however was another story, along the streets of the blocks men and women dug long trenches, working in the heat of the chicago summer sun hammers and picks rang out, pipes were beginning laid, although crude and cumbersome they would still carry clean water throughout the block into every home, that was the promise given that year, and thus valuable building materials had been funneled into this project. Civilization was the goal promised and it would be the goal delivered. A safe, stable community would be carved out of the harsh city welcoming all who would do their part. 

General Tannevega looked out from his office in the crude concrete and metal bunker that had been erected in the capital block, serving as headquarters for the expedition as well as barracks noise was to be expected, but the excess noise of crude machinery and men laboring in the streets truly set the bar. Looking up from the papers on his desk and several others in the meeting he drew his eyes to the window where he watched civilization slowly rebuilding. “The debris from that tower explosion last month are finally gone, Major Conway spoke as the General returned from his momentary daydream as he responded “Very good Conway, at this rate I don't think there will be any buildings downtown when we finally expand into those sectors, this city is certainly not as quiet as preliminary reports had suggested. “All is on track however General, we expect block expansion to be ready by next year, the takeover of the cemetery will provide much needed arable land, though you must admit the prospect is rather…..creepy.” The General nodded chewing his already gnawed cigar “I wont disagree there, we will make arrangement for work parties to remove the bodies, coffins and headstones and fill in the grave prior to moving the civilians in, we can burn it all en masse outside the block but I don't want anything getting in the way of our expansion, least of all stories of hauntings and ghosts.” Conway shuddered a bit “Not to question sir but is it not disrespectful?” The General shook his head as he sighed “I'm sure they wouldn't mind, if they knew the circumstances.”

Actions:

6 metal is spent producing 50 tier 2 firearms 

7500 caps are spent on a new construction yard

1865 caps are deposited into the treasury this year.

Around the Capital Block the beginnings of fortifications are erected 1b 750c

General Tannevega satisfies one of the major requests of the civilian contingent of their expedition, seeking to renormalize life and provide creature comforts, laborers spend time and resources on a plumbing system. Whereas before open outhouses were used and showers had to be manually refilled, true plumbing would come, water pumped and treated from the great lakes and waste drained back into the sewers beneath the block. 1b 5000c ((mod))

Throughout the nearby blocks a signal is transmitted to those who would receive it. “For those seeking a cause it is here you will find it, for those seeking shelter, it is HERE you will find it, for those who believe that civilization can be carved into the wasteland through blood sweat and tears it is here you will find it, whether you a wield a hammer, a trowel, or a rifle it is here you will find us rebuilding civilization one block at a time.”

*A radio signal is transmitted afterward and the message repeats*

((MOD))

After several weeks of careful preparation 1st platoon and 2nd platoon departed across the border at dawn to sweep and clear the block to the north west. Lieutenant Fitzgerald leads this operation ((S 1, P 2, E 2)). 

The force consists of 100 Regulars armed with 15 t3 firearms, 50 t2 firearms, 33 tier 1 firearms, and 2 m2 machine guns ((t3 heavy weapons)) in order to secure it for further expansion next year

((MOD))

T0AM0vHkzBGJBFnOIsDiPYXkchekAZbgPZcSOnSsbFy1727sZJsTAJNfEV8keqNmDJNh-cakknS77UDmou3H6OuyPA80JVVCYiYHxG-pzF8yc0IzW0JjrLzmBivCv_fZXUQaxitP

also 6 RP into tier 3 armor 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/85/16/cb/8516cbe7db71cbd6ab9e40de5275b71c.png

With the massive explosion ringing throughout Chicago and rumors spreading of some great battle the Republic diverts its efforts into defense and soldiers.

==OOC==
Population: 1,590
Base Income: 15,000c
Population Income: 8,000c
Market: 2,000c
Upkeep: 7,500c
Unused: 9,000c
Total: 26,500c

Productions/Expenses
Base: 2M, 5S, 2R
Scrap Yards(2): 2M
Agri House: 2S
Refinery: 2F
Construction Yards: 3B
Pop Production: 4R
Pop Needs: -6S

Storage
4M/0S/9B/2F

Buildings
2 Scrap Yards, Market, 6 Construction Yards, Agri House, Refinery

-Actions-

Work continues into T2 Heavy Firearms (14R/20R T2)

Needing to expand the Republic's ability to store the vast amount of supplies and materials it now constructs a Warehouse. (7,500c 2B)

More guns! (T2 Firearms, 3M)

More Weapons (T2 Melee, 1M)

190 Green Soldiers are put into drilling. (19,000c Trained)

oGlxW6eI0ZIZbfW3F31VxeSYS1js2FTcgBcE5a2WR3DRuCvmX3n5T2vTJqI1c2HYKCErZSV-w2B4HGtx49KSqO_9A3Ck7DZEvU4gatQxafBu8J_R1inGLxtGhS0FklJIoqvsQuq-

ROCK ISLAND ARSENAL

Xw9u-d9gyGTXO_dFmC5AgnaZ8hHnQtEDNGkM-LN3Te_Gp2fK1uqMpqd1Bzk2yd579mFcWYbbrxqQxu-4maI6ZOfDM0jF53oMf_GW7WZtrAOvKIVzrYty5yAfzgQelpz5_VnPNi0O

Islander troopers gathered around a hotplate, chatting as they eat their rations.

“What the **** she gonna say anyways to make ‘em feel better? -Hey, real sorry for shooting up your husbands and sons in a park. Here’s some caps for your trouble.” Staff Sergeant James McGovern expressed his dismission of Rock Island’s new ‘reconstruction’ efforts in the South. He was an unforgiving man with a diamond shaped face and spoke in a Bostonian drawl. Gathered around were some of the soldiers tasked with peacekeeping in former Chicago PD territory.

“I think you doubt the power of a sincere apology, Staff Sergeant.” remarked Lieutenant Richard ‘****’ Goodey, absorbed in reading a magazine at the other corner of the room.

“Lieutenant,” called McGovern, “You should be with me on this one.”

“On what?” Goodey shook his head, “You’ve said nothing of substance- just moaned about Doc Hanlon’s reconciliation attempts. The hell’s it matter to you, anyways?”

“What if she makes things worse? Huh?” McGovern retorted, seemingly ready to pounce.

“Can’t be worse than ignoring the issue completely.” Goodey replied calmly. As it became evident McGovern wouldn’t drop the issue, Goodey lowered his magazine, as he found himself dragged into the conversation.

“She’s gonna inflame them. Then we’re gonna get dragged in.”

“Then so be it, McGovern. That’s our job. Also saving face isn’t important here. What is is making sure that they’re on board with the Colonel. We’ll need their full cooperation if we’re gonna have any chance in the Wasteland.”

First Sergeant Cohen, among the troops gathered round opted now to pitch in, “Ain’t like they’re Krauts or somethin’. They’re Americans too. Alienating them won’t do us any good.”

“Hm.” the Staff Sergeant relented, sighing, “Guess you’re right.”

“Good, you’ve seen reason, McGovern. Maybe next time you show’ll remorse next time you take the hat off a guy at a 1000 yards.” 1SG Cohen chuckled, standing up and taking his leave and slapped McGovern on the shoulder as he walked by.

ACTIONS

In response to the recent unrest, 50 troops are moved in to police and garrison Rock Islander’s Southern block. They use any means to sniff out the resistance, using a total of 250 caps to pay off informant(s).

• 35 Trained

• 15 Regulars

• 50 T1 Firearms

• 50 T1 Melee Weapons

• 50 T3 Body Armor

A separate force of another 50 troops is sent in for the purpose of protecting new infrastructure.

• Green, T1 Firearms, and Melee

In recompense to the civilians of the Rock Island-Chicagoan War, money and material are invested into the region, as well as the opening of a marketplace in the southernmost sector. Chief Physician Margaret Hanlon, with armed escort, travels south to smooth things over with the Chicagoan communities, offering them representation, as a region, in affairs military and civilian. As well, general infrastructure and a marketplace are planned for the south.  [750 C, 1B for improvements and 1 Marketplace constructed] 

(Chief Physician Hanlon, on Civil Reconstruction; 2 Charisma, 2 Intelligence, 1 Luck)

(SSG James McGovern, on Overwatch and Reconnaissance,  16.5 Perception, 1 Intelligence, 1 Agility)

(1SG Michael Cohen, on Infrastructural Reconstruction; 1 Charisma, 2 Intelligence, 1 Agility, 1 Luck)

(1LT Richard Goodey, on Peacekeeping Reconstruction; 1 Strength, 2 Perception, 2 Charisma, 1 Intelligence, 2 Agility, 1 Luck)

[15,000 C, 3B] Constructing 2 Markets in North Douglas and 1 in the South

[12+3/15R] Finishing Research on T1 Heavy Firearms

[1/50R] Beginning Research on T4 Body Armor

[3M, 1E] Constructing 16 T3 Carbines

NIoBt23.jpg

CAESAR’S LEGION

“The worst impulses of mankind concentrated in one insane, backward tribe.”

Such was a common refrain from Caesar, when the topic of the Brotherhood of Steel was broached to him. Though their main strength was concentrated in the territory of what was now the hated NCR, the Legion had from time to time unearthed isolated chapters in its march to victory. Augustus had never faced the brotherhood’s Knights in battle, but from what he knew from the torturing of captured Scribes did little to dissuade the impression that Caesar gave. Dogmatic and inflexible hoarders of the Old World’s glories and horrors, living like ant colonies, toiling away in the darkness to such mediocre ends. sS devoted to their mission that they neglected everything else that would be of use. With their technology and weapons the Brotherhood could have conquered the entire Wasteland a century ago, built an empire to rival even Caesar’s vision. That they hadn’t was symptomatic of their cultural rot – a people with a terminal lack of vision.

The demise of the Brotherhood from its own failure, though inevitable, would not come quickly enough for the Legion’s mission to the Chicago. With their radio transmissions triangulated to the nearby ruins of Midway Airport, these heavily armed and belligerent profligates proved a clear and present danger to the Legion’s foothold in the region. To secure this sector, the Brotherhood would have to be excised eventually, but such a victory would inevitably come at a high cost in lives – lives needed to locate and annihilate the NCR in this blighted city. For now, the Brotherhood must be let be – but to leave them for too long, Augustus knew, would be to give them time to strike.

Hide contents

STATS:

Pop – 1020 (inc. 25 slaves) (2 stacks) (3000 C, -2 S, 2 R)

510 MP

2 Blocks Controlled

FACTION IDEA:

Might of the Legion – Slaves contribute to general pop mechanics as well as slave production bonuses. Legion troops rarely retreat.

FACTION TRAITS:

2 Dev-Points Spent

5% Bonus to all T1-3 Production (Rounded Up)

10% Bonus to Recruitable Population

TECHNOLOGY:

T3 Melee Weapons (Forged)

T1 Firearms (Scrap)

T2 Armour (Leather)

T1 Explosives (Molotovs)

EQUIPMENT:

100 x T3 Melee Weapons (Forged)

473 x T2 Melee Weapons (Salvaged)

50 x T1 Firearms (Scrap)

105 x T1 Armour (Scrap)

40 x T2 Armour (Leather)

INCOME, UPKEEP & RESOURCES

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1619hEGvze4zRTfJwlMHaFGGVVI212GNMdamxagGbhIs/edit?usp=sharing

17,250 C, 3 M, 2 B, 7 S, 3 R

ACTIONS & EXPENDITURE:

• The blocks south of Fort Marquette in this sector must be secured, by order of the Legate. Any resources or slaves shall be seized.
    • 80 legionaries assigned to clear the south-west block. (80 T2 Melee, 15 T1 Firearms, 35 T1 Armour, 10 T2 Armour)
    • 80 legionaries assigned to clear the south block. (80 T2 Melee, 15 T1 Firearms, 35 T1 Armour, 10 T2 Armour)
    • 80 legionaries assigned to clear the south-east block. (80 T2 Melee, 15 T1 Firearms, 35 T1 Armour, 10 T2 Armour)
  • 1 x Market (5000 C + 1 B)
  • 1 x Construction Yard (7500 C)
  • +1 fortification level to Fort Marquette (500 C + 1 B)
  • 42 Legionaries upgraded to Trained. (4200 C)
  • 53 x T1 Armour (1 M)
  • 42 x T2 Armour (2 M)
  • Researching T1 Artillery (4/15) (3 R)
  • Rank 2 “Simple Minded” (2 Dev. Points)
  • Supplies spent on 1% pop growth for 2 stacks. (2 S)

50 C, 5 S saved.

tgQdgXF.png

The Kingdom

B3mYqx2.png

“Slow and steady.”

Step by step the Kingdom was growing, in number and size. The block to the South was free and now was the time to make use of it, as swiftly settlers were assembled, armed with tools (and weapons of course, for the random radroach) and material to fortify and settle into the ruins of these Chicago buildings.

Little else was happening this year around. Jonathan Hessenheim, the King, orders a larger party to scour a single block for salvagable materials and resources. If they happen to find an area where crops may grow, the better.

Population: 1,095 Humans

Available funds: 30,947 C

Actions:

The still clean sector to the South is finally claimed in an orderly fashion, settlers of the Kingdom moving in as planned. (-10,000 C, -5 B)

Forged melee weaponry is continued. (11/15 RP)

The remaining metal is stored.  (-3 M)

Remainder of the funds are saved. (-20,947 C)

A sizeable party of 40 men and women is sent out to the block West. They are to scavenge whatever they can find. If they meet any travellers, scavengers, merchants or else, they may invite them to visit the Kingdom. If they happen to find an area where crops may grow, the better. They are to avoid hostilities if possible. (Fully equipped with T1 guns, T2 melee weapons and T2 armor. No experience.)

The Kingdom keeps an eye out for any parties that might be passing by, dangerous or friendly.

CHICAGO RECOVERY PROTOCOL

7I1NLA6.png

The sumptuous robotic tunes continue to warble from the radio station, with the occasional interruption, urging citizens to begin their mandatory civil service. Otherwise, the metal men continue their unending efforts to clean and organised the blasted and abandoned streets. The plumbing is now properly connected, and electricity runs relatively well through the block’s grid. However, with no water sources available (other than what was behind the great metal door) the plumbing is pointless. This would have to be amended in the future.

--------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------

Actions:

(Due to the incessant whining of literal apes, I missed the last quick modpost, so I’ll be doing two)

Previous turn:

-25 more robots slowly walk out of the great metal doors and begin work with the others. The robotic host grows slowly, but consistently. (2E + 2M spent on 25 T1 servitors)

-25 T1 servitors slowly march towards the block directly to the west of their primary block to check on the current state of Logan Square. Specifically, they’re investigating the condition of the Illinois Centennial Monument--one of many Chicago landmarks requiring protection. Their secondary directives are to search for recoverable robots, resources, and potential volunteers.

-7R spent on T2 firearms (Total of 9R)

Current Turn

-15,000C towards 3 new construction yards.

-25 more robots march from the great steel doors. A large portion of them are gathering around the vault doors, now, gathering selections of scrap metal and concrete. Car-wrecks are slowly being converted into robot-pulled carts for transporting... something? (2M + 2E towards 25 T1 servitors)

-25 protectrons are sent directly east to Bucktown in order to check on the integrity of St Mary of the Angels cathedral. No doubt the beautiful art of this once bountiful seat of the Chicago Archdiocese would have suffered irreparable damage, but hopefully most of the masonry could still be saved. Their secondary directives are to, once again, search for recoverable robots, resources, and potential volunteers.

-7R spent on T2 firearms (total of 16R)

Edited by Catostrophy