[✗] [CA Lore] Azdrazi, the Children of Azdromoth

Malaise

Lots of effort went into this rewrite. I gathered the opinions of community leaders and LT over the past few months in order to address the concerns of the Azdrazi being abused and/or what made them an overpowered CA. We spoke at length to our playerbase to address what they’d like to see. My personal vision for this rewrite was to allow Azdrazi to be whatever archetype they wish rather than the age old sword and board concept.

I’m hoping this rewrite will address those concerns and am eager to take the Azdrazi into 8.0.

WHAT’S CHANGED?

Added:

A defined weakness to Sunlight Forge artifacts

A defined weakness to Shade magic

Fire Shaping ability via bound staff or libram

Fireball ability

Removed:

Smoldering Spear ability

Scorching Scales ability

Channeled firebreath 

Access to heraldic draan

******* godly bro. 1+++++

do they got forked tongues

I definitely like this rewrite. There is one major thing I really want to see however and that's a section defining what types of corruption effect Azdrazi, how does it effect them, are there physical/mental changes, what happens if it's not removed, how is it removed, etc etc etc. 

Corruption is always mentioned in each rewrite but never truly defined and it's confusing beyond measure on what actually is considered corruption. 

Another question, how does thanium effect Azdrazi? 

Other than that, I can't think of anything as it's way early in the morning. 

11 minutes ago, Delmodan said:

I definitely like this rewrite. There is one major thing I really want to see however and that's a section defining what types of corruption effect Azdrazi, how does it effect them, are there physical/mental changes, what happens if it's not removed, how is it removed, etc etc etc. 

Corruption is always mentioned in each rewrite but never truly defined and it's confusing beyond measure on what actually is considered corruption. 

Another question, how does thanium effect Azdrazi? 

Other than that, I can't think of anything as it's way early in the morning. 

Malaise and I can look into expanding on exactly how the corruption affects Azdrazi, I’ve had some ideas on the topic such as making them perceive allies as foes, corrupting their mental state to make them see and hear things that do not exist. This concept ties back into the fact that Azdromoth was corrupted by Iblees, and my goal was to make sure the weaknesses we added in made lore sense and wasn’t simply pulled from nowhere to make them weaker.

As for Thanhium, there was a misconception that Thanhium did not affect the Azdrazi. It does, and should affect Azdrazi in the same way it affects anyone else.

I quite like this lorepost more than the previous iteration and with the clarifications but I feel that with their orc like strength and higher intelligence they should have some form of mundane weakness, like being doused in a substantial amount of water (A bucketfull) should hamper their ability to uae their inner flame for spells and abilities. 

based and very much redpilled