[✗] [CA Lore] Azdrazi, the Children of Azdromoth

Malaise

I agree with delmo on the expanded the corruption part, I also do like this lore but for any defined amount of time, A week for example, I’d clarify that it is an IRL week and not an in game week or vice versa. Alongside that Im also curious as to why all the CA’s are getting wiped when this fundamentally changes nothing major about the magic, at least from what I can tell. Even in the start you say that all it does is better define Azdrazi for the most part.

Also, may I ask what about to the cold-blooded weakness of the Azdrazi? As I if I can recall correctly that was a thing in previous iterations, but overall this seems pretty neat. 

can this be my next character please

Divine Dragon | Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Wiki | Fandom

also +1

this is neat; please unban me from the discord i ain’t do nothin wrong

1 hour ago, CH453 said:

this is neat; please unban me from the discord i ain’t do nothin wrong

This

7 hours ago, Zacho said:

I agree with delmo on the expanded the corruption part, I also do like this lore but for any defined amount of time, A week for example, I’d clarify that it is an IRL week and not an in game week or vice versa. Alongside that Im also curious as to why all the CA’s are getting wiped when this fundamentally changes nothing major about the magic, at least from what I can tell. Even in the start you say that all it does is better define Azdrazi for the most part.

The times mentioned are all IRL time equivalents — I will add a note stating this. Thank you for your feedback! Azdrazi leadership has agreed that a CA wipe would be a good way to start fresh with new mechanics. It was a decision reached by a majority consensus.

7 hours ago, Evonpire said:

Also, may I ask what about to the cold-blooded weakness of the Azdrazi? As I if I can recall correctly that was a thing in previous iterations, but overall this seems pretty neat. 

The weakness to cold climates was removed in the last rewrite for Azdrazi and left in the dust. It just didn’t make enough sense for creatures with internal space heaters to be slowed down by the cold. We opted for a weakness to thematically relevant magics instead.

1 hour ago, Malaise said:

The weakness to cold climates was removed in the last rewrite for Azdrazi and left in the dust. It just didn’t make enough sense for creatures with internal space heaters to be slowed down by the cold. We opted for a weakness to thematically relevant magics instead.

Fair enough, thank you for responding!

not my spear 😔

nah it looks good, gj

Amazing clarifications and additions to Azdrazi! Happy to see it!

A few thoughts came across my mind when I read the lore, particularly about the balancing of the Azdrazi. Azdrazi have always had the ability to cast a special fire that's more powerful than both magical, or natural fire. With this rewrite, they also have an increase in natural strength as well. I think they lack a common weakness, or something relative to their buffed strengths. Having both strong fire spells, and the physical power of an orc makes them fairly tough - perhaps, overpowered.

6 minutes ago, Slayy said:

Amazing clarifications and additions to Azdrazi! Happy to see it!

A few thoughts came across my mind when I read the lore, particularly about the balancing of the Azdrazi. Azdrazi have always had the ability to cast a special fire that's more powerful than both magical, or natural fire. With this rewrite, they also have an increase in natural strength as well. I think they lack a common weakness, or something relative to their buffed strengths. Having both strong fire spells, and the physical power of an orc makes them fairly tough - perhaps, overpowered.

In the current accepted write, they do not have a supernatural fire and they already have Orc strength. We are not changing any precedent set by the previous rewrite or the handfuls of rewrites before it. We’ve always had Orc strength and have had fire abilities.

Refer to the accepted write here to familiarize yourself with it:

5 minutes ago, Valaryon said:

In the current accepted write, they do not have a supernatural fire and they already have Orc strength. We are not changing any precedent set by the previous rewrite or the handfuls of rewrites before it. We’ve always had Orc strength and have had fire abilities.

Refer to the accepted write here to familiarize yourself with it:

This doesn’t clear away the issue that the creature still has an unchecked prowess in power compared to most creatures on this server. Having the power to contest an Orc in physical prowess and still be able to throw magical fire in 2-3 emotes is something a tier 5 mage can’t do, same with that of any item that is enchanted or an orc. There has to be drawbacks made against the magic to make it fair for others that could possibly interact with them. 

4 minutes ago, Slayy said:

This doesn’t clear away the issue that the creature still has an unchecked prowess in power compared to most creatures on this server. Having the power to contest an Orc in physical prowess and still be able to throw magical fire in 2-3 emotes is something a tier 5 mage can’t do, same with that of any item that is enchanted or an orc. There has to be drawbacks made against the magic to make it fair for others that could possibly interact with them. 

We have two weaknesses we have added in comparison to the current accepted write where we have no weaknesses at all. We have scaled back the strength on our fire abilities as the channeled fire breath was quite over powered. We’re a Creature, not a magic. This CA cannot be dropped and picked up nor stacked with other magics to increase its strength. Orcish strength is not going to matter in an equation unless you’re grappling with them in hand to hand combat. And again, the fire we have is not supernatural. It is mundane fire. The only different fire we have is in our fire breath, as we are draconic beings and it is therefore dragonsfire.

Edit: Quoting the rewrite here:  Dragonfire is produced only by the firebeath invocation

3 minutes ago, Valaryon said:

We have two weaknesses we have added in comparison to the current accepted write where we have no weaknesses at all. We have scaled back the strength on our fire abilities as the channeled fire breath was quite over powered. We’re a Creature, not a magic. This CA cannot be dropped and picked up nor stacked with other magics to increase its strength. Orcish strength is not going to matter in an equation unless you’re grappling with them in hand to hand combat. And again, the fire we have is not supernatural. It is mundane fire. The only different fire we have is in our fire breath, as we are draconic beings and it is therefore dragonsfire.

I feel that there is a very under game idea of having the powers of fire and orc strength. I’ve looked at the weaknesses, there isn’t a common weakness in which you can harm an azdrazi? Their weaknesses for them are that they can not bear a child, can not pick up any magics, can not use their abilities temporally after their death, and being weak against one specific magic. Yet for other creatures and magics, they have certain drawbacks such as fire, gold, fatigue, mana, physical weaknesses. I am simply emphasizing that there isn’t a common weakness in which can balance their powers. Simply comparing the strengths to the weaknesses, there is a huge difference to them. 

16 minutes ago, Slayy said:

I feel that there is a very under game idea of having the powers of fire and orc strength. I’ve looked at the weaknesses, there isn’t a common weakness in which you can harm an azdrazi? Their weaknesses for them are that they can not bear a child, can not pick up any magics, can not use their abilities temporally after their death, and being weak against one specific magic. Yet for other creatures and magics, they have certain drawbacks such as fire, gold, fatigue, mana, physical weaknesses. I am simply emphasizing that there isn’t a common weakness in which can balance their powers. Simply comparing the strengths to the weaknesses, there is a huge difference to them. 

Azdrazi are no more durable than any descendant race. Though Orc strength is their typical level of comparison, there is no rule or outlier in common role-play that makes them any more durable than a typical descendant with a sword and board set up. I would personally argue that being a descendant-tier combatant with fire magic which lacks, say, voidal fatigue, is set back by the fact that Azdrazi revival takes an entire week’s time to be fulfilled. A voidal mage, though not as strong as an orc, can be revived within 30 minutes time. An Azdrazi, capable of dying like any other creature to sword wounds or otherwise lethal damage, will not be able to be played again for quite some time, comparatively. This strict adherence to a more rigid death structure seems a fitting weakness to me. Thank you for your feedback!

After post edit:

In saying this, I mean to emphasize that the weaknesses you provided as examples are used to counter a creature’s greatest strengths.

Gold, for creatures that cannot be struck by normal weapons.

Fatigue, for creatures that have magical powers but otherwise mundane life rules.

Physical weakness, for creatures with immense powers outside of their physical capabilities.

etc.