The Judicial Amendment Edict 343ES

Kingdom of Hanseti-Ruska

The Judicial Amendment Edict 343ES

ixOtjWaqZxNWEiHBGbGRggjPqbSkpY3ZN1o_ZRfiS6GsxnG90mqfmi2FqYAe1NpG_mW7UZDbTOmNXbdeNbu02rC8TBiKA4mJcbD2StrsTAmXEG4ZUYPEQuB7oA1dILuTMKBz7GWz

KRUSAE ZWY KONGZEM

PREAMBLE

As independent Haeseni law continues to evolve from its proper inception in the Haurul Caezk, Koeng Josef of Hanseti-Ruska does see fit to publish this Edict to amend the Haurul Caezk to expand eligibility to become judges (Naumariav: Jovenaar), remove trials by juries in favour of trials presided over and determined by three Jovenaar and provide for the formal references to legal cases in Naumariav.

Article I: Eligibility of Jovenaar

1: The Jura i Zem of the Haurul Caezk shall no longer prohibit those who own or operate businesses from serving as Jovenaar, and the following sections shall be henceforth amended to provide;

214.035: The following shall be ineligible to be appointed as a Jovenaar:

214.0351: Those who sit on the Royal Duma;

214.0352: Those who sit on the Aulic Council.

Article II: Removal of Trials by Juries

1: Section 305.02 of the Haurul Caezk, regarding trials by juries, shall no longer provide that Defendants charged with crimes exceeding the classification of middling ;

2: The Haurul Caezk shall thus provide that all trials shall be presided over by Jovenaar in accordance with Article III of this Edict.

Article III: Trials by Jovenaar

1: The Haurul Caezk shall henceforth be amended to provide that all cases, barring Appeals, before the Aulic Courts shall be presided over by three impartial Jovenaar;

2: Section 305 of the Jura i Sparveed of the Haurul Caezk shall thus be amended to provide:

305: Judgment

305.01: Trials shall be presided over by three Jovenaar who bear no notable affiliation with parties pertinent to the case;

305.02: Presiding Jovenaar shall be responsible for the efficient administering of the trial and the subsequent administering of justice;

305.03: Jovenaar shall determine guilt and sentencing by majority vote.

3: The below sections of the Jura i Sparveed of the Haurul Caezk shall thus be amended to reflect the above provisions:

302.02: When a trial is arranged, the presiding judges (Naumariav: Jovenaar) shall allow both parties a reasonable amount of time to acquire legal representation if desired;

304.01:  If a Summons is submitted to the Aulic Courts and accepted, three Jovenaar shall be assigned to preside over the case;

304.011: The Jovenaar must have no notable association with any party involved in the case;

306.01: All those present in the courtroom will stand upon the arrival of the Jovenaar until they are seated, signalling the formal beginning of a trial;

306.08: Submissions shall continue until both parties rest their cases or the Jovenaar conclude that further submissions are unnecessary;

4: Reference to ‘the Jovenaar’ throughout the Haurul Caezk shall be construed to refer to the plural unless specified otherwise;

Article III: Naumariav Case Names

1: Legal proceedings before the Aulic Court shall henceforth be referred in Naumariav as ‘ve Krawn z. X’ in criminal cases and ‘X z. Y’ in civil cases.

Signed into law on this Gronna and Droba of 343E.S.,

His Royal Majesty Josef I by the Grace of Godan, Koeng of Hanseti and Ruska, Grand Hetman of the Army, Prince of Bihar, Dules, Ulgaard, Lahy, Sorbesborg and Slesvik, Duke of Carnatia and Vidaus, Margrave of Rothswald, Count of Graiswald, Karikhov, Baranya, Kvasz, Kavat, Karovia, Kovachgrad, Torun, Turov, Kaunas, Alban, Reza and Markev, Baron of Rytsburg, Venzia, Esenstadt, Krepost and Kralta, Lord of the Westfolk, Protector of the Highlanders, etcetera

Edited by Kingdom of Haense