Sign in to follow this  
MissToni

Public letter to the Pontiff Part II

Public letter to the Pontiff [II]

r7dFFotSTaB-Khv0f1zNpv7cAg7joD0wfBwrxfpjEmPe82cxK0EZWfnQ-L1URjxde_7r9hIj7VaUsNFrJ5Eu1JqVHnr-LQunoKzEYZ4Atgmf3No2seBbiXoKj2qvjof1fOPDVWCl

[!] Throughout the human cities of Arcas one could see several notes hung on houses, doors, churches, palaces and in the different squares. And each time one was ripped down another five were hung up on the same place. It read the following:

“I write another letter to you your holiness,

For I have heard the talk that my last one had created. I have heard how some spoke harshly about the letter, while others had spoke sympathetically about it. Others had failed to understand as a result of their inexperience. I come to you now with a few questions that I wish to divulge with yourself, my holiness.  

Why would a just God create these feelings if they were not to be acted upon by his creation?. God created me with a love for women, so why can I not act on this due to the will of his own holy likeness on Earth? 

God created many different forms of love like that of platonic love, romantic love and sexual love. So he must have created the love I feel as well. If Iblees only corrupts and destroys, then he cannot create this love that I feel; It is, truly, only God who can create pure love.”

Signed,

God’s Faithful Daughter

A response is issued, posted on certain churches near her letters, and made available in the Pontifical Library to those who inquire about the topic.

“To God’s Faithful Daughter,

We commend you for your piety in seeking God’s truth, though we must admonish you to be careful from whom you seek it. Nevertheless, it is good that, in doubting yourself, you have sought answers in the Church.

The question you raise is one we are all too familiar with, for many men and women experience the same struggle as you. We have received several confessions regarding this, even by those who hold high offices in the kingdoms of man and in the Church.

Our Prelate of the Priesthood, Manfried Cardinal St. Julia, has been in the process of drafting a thesis on this subject. We have directed him to associate it with your letters in our Pontifical Library. We pray that it will be of some use to you in resolving this struggle.

Deo Gratias,

James II”

Ailred publishes a number of letters, posted in many of the same places the original was. 

“It is first a fallacy to assert that anything that is natural to a person is virtuous to act upon. There are those born with inclinations to be greedy or violent, there are those born psychopaths, and countless others born with other inclinations which, if acted upon, would be sinful. We are all inclined to sin, for that is our nature. 

As to the question of homosexual relations, the answer hangs on what I said before to the last letter. I reiterate that there is nothing in the Scrolls specifically against these relations; however the Scrolls do assert that all sexual relations must be within the confines of marriage. Marriage has, for the extent of recorded memory, been a procreative union between a man and a woman, modelled on the marriages of the Four Brothers and their parents. If you wish to assert that a tradition of over a thousand years has been wrong, and that there is virtuous marriage between members of the same sex, then once again I ask you to argue such.

The Church of God is, and always shall be, the Church of Truth, as God is Truth. Therefore, we will not refuse to hear any arguments made in an effort to bring us closer to the Truth. But, as of yet, you have failed to address the key questions regarding the notion of marriage between members of the same sex. I await your reply.

- Father Ailred.”

Cardinal Manfried informs the writer of this Public Letter that he shall write a Thesis on the topic soon to hopefully answer her questions.

"I may not be s'at good of a reader.. but I recall somewhere in s'e first scroll, somes'ing about.. love of the husband and the wife... and I bid my faithful this: You shall not lie with your kin, nor those of other tribes, and none shall lie together but in holy union... and since marriage is between a man and a woman, anything between a woman and a woman would be against s'e law since s'ey can't be married anyway.. Horen was given a wife. If God said gays are okay, s'en why not give Horen a husband instead? Or make mention of a love for both s'e sexes?" The watery voice remarks from the vanished shadows. The blue ghost of old times past was yet to come out yet.

Spoiler

I hate typing on a phone. These forums are NOT mobile friendly.

”I see, among youse’ selves, who glorify the nature of sodomy, and laying with those of the same kin; naught, but sloth. Shame on ye’, shame on she, whom sheds all but robust, evil light upon the nature of homosexuality.” Through and through, the ripples of his short-lived reaping upon the word of his own brethren in Horen, Vittorio Falcone set such heretical word against the mantle of the inferno, that brewed within the heart of a hearth.

Rise, ever so slowly. Rise, could be the word used to describe, the movements of the Damascene fire iron, Vittorio gripped tightly upon, letter of which penned such heresy having cut itself through the middle, therein pinned against the sharpest most end of the cast. Wither, as it were, bleached in burn of cherrybark, thus the rising of a familiar scent, embracing the nostrils of he whom happened across it.

It had been the beginning of a new age.

“I stand with this woman in solidarity. Everyone, no matter their sexual orientation, should have the right to equality and the right to love.” Vivaca Rutledge said in private while sipping a cup of tea.

Edited by ApplePieKathy

“Arguments are made for tradition – for precedent in history. However these ignore that many improvements upon society have been made that did not exist when the four brothers still worked with stone axes and bronze swords.” Shuo would move away from the poster with a sigh “To keep being hung up on such a minor thing – who loves who – and calling to a tradition that is readily ignored in other cases, shows more a fear of social change than call to the righteousness of the texts. Or any change at all should be called out as heresy – for I doubt the four brothers made ready use of steam engines, metallurgy as advanced as our own, or many forms of architecture that have recently evolved.”

Edited by Chryasor

The High Keeper, who had been mildly amused the last time a letter to the Pontiff ended up on her desk, was now becoming displeased by the prevalence of misdelivered mail in Arcas. But, she read over it nonetheless. “Hmm. She’s still at it, is she? Wonder how this will go for her in the end...”

A devout philosopher came upon the letter, dismayed as he read over it, before going to compose his own reply;

To God’s Faithful Daughter,

“Whilst I am no ecclesiastic nor ordained cleric, I still hope to impart upon you what I have come to believe regarding this disputed matter. foremostly urge you not be so hasty as to accredit this feeling to God. Iblees adopted a twisted form of creation in order to deceive the Four Brothers, and now he has twisted love and emotion within you and oriented it towards a divergent path. Pray, do not succumb to the whispers and falsehoods that beckon you to act upon these lustful yearnings—for they exist merely to draw you away from his grace. Instead, remain steadfast and heed not the craven desires of this affliction, so that you might prosper in virtue. Stay true to God’s natural design—lest you squander your spirit and become infelicitous and outcast as the contemptuous Suticans and Elves who dared to act upon this foul calling.”

“Since when can two people of the same sex have feelings for eachother? That is a thing only the elven race seems to do. Well... democracy does appear to bring out the worst in humans. First, the wigs, now the union of two women. Sounds like these feelings of lust for someone of ones own sex is just a desperate cry for attention.” Comments gay-hating priest Waldemar from far away in wonderland.