Sign in to follow this  
MissToni

Public letter to the Pontiff Part III

Public letter to the Pontiff [III]

NmLrXyGt7ZKGWsCt10kyOd9FOYgPNWWhrVDjRUxUyqDb9SY057KGgcV-gC-97dt940Py1HFm1MQuNyJNAy83QyDhkJP50VnFORhLl5bL0fjvOblA8jKoBsv2j6L9ABUOsKKX3Qw9

[!] Throughout the human cities of Arcas one could see several notes hung on houses, doors, churches, palaces and in the different squares. And each time one was ripped down another five were hung up on the same place. It read the following:

“I write a third letter to you, your holiness;

In this letter, I wish to discuss marriage in my letter to you. I said in my first letter it is stated in the Holy Scrolls in the Canticle of Temperance:

‘9) So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not lie with your kin, nor those of other tribes, and none shall lie together but in holy union.’

Horen married Julia and invented the sacrament of Matrimony. But before Horen and Julia could have been married, the first man and woman must have had sex. They couldn’t have been married as they existed before the first sacraments. Even if matrimony is exclusively heterosexual, monogamous relationships between people of the same sex fall under holy union. The sacraments of matrimony have traditionally been confined to men and women but tradition does not mean that there is only one singular type of holy union, evidenced in the marriage of man and woman before the sacraments’ existence.

What is holy union exactly? One could argue that holy union can mean more than just a marriage between a man and a woman but also to that of a union between those of the same sex. The absence of recorded marriages between members of the same-sex does not mean that unions between the same-sexes are unholy. I assert that there may have been many unions between members of the same sex which had not officiated explicitly in the sacrament of matrimony as a result of this false interpretation. These unofficiated marriages were nevertheless neither sinful nor contrary to the Scrolls for if God had not wished for same sexes to be joined in holy union he would have clearly stated so as he does with that which he deems as unholy. 

I conclude that holy union is a union blessed by God in any way or form. If God meant marriage between a man and a woman, the sacraments would have clearly excluded same-sex relationships from being held through holy union and matrimony.”

Signed,

God’s Faithful Daughter

The High Keeper spent an entire day haranguing local couriers and delivery workers, determined to solve the growing epidemic of foreign missives about foreign institutions plaguing the notice boards of Norland. This was her new crusade; The crusade against foreign mail.

Arthas II, not staunchly religious albeit traditional, kicks his feet up onto his chair as he takes in the fine aroma of a finely cooked Arthasian Puffin. He spots out in the corner of his eye, through the narrow panes, a letter in bold ‘Public Letter to the Pontiff III‘. At once, he withdraws from the cozy confines of Norland’s Palace and rushes to the Sole Norlandic Noticeboard. He rips off the letter and all of a sudden five Imperial midgets zoom into the gates of Morsgrad and hammer in more letters to the board. Nevertheless, Arthas takes his time to soak in the text in the letter.

I’ve done my light reading. This includes the Common interpretation of the Holy Scrolls. If I’m not mistaken, the implication of their virtue is that marriage can only happen between a man and a woman. At least I believe it claims so in the Scroll of Virtue in verse 4 and 5 of the Book of Temperance... that being said it’s an interpretation.” Arthas would discard of the letter, tossing it into a fireplace. “Oh whatever.. it isn’t any of our business anyway.” he would think to himself as he recalls the decriminalisation of homosexuality in Norland.

An unknown nun would go around, slowly covering up letters with other posters once the GFD seemed to be gone. She was old, traditional, and in-hiding, her face was pale, her entire head was hidden by a nun bonnet, there was barely a way to know who she exactly was. “Maybe she should stop sending public letters, it’s turning the children gay. I wouldn’t be surprised if GOD struck us with a disease for this infidelity.” The nun huffed, heading on to the next city to cover up the other letters.

Sergei Othaman crumbles up the letter once again. “Vy should find out vho this is and charge her for indecency. Maybe even send her to a nunnery to get her life together.” he’d grumble 

Somewhere in a utility closet of the NGS’s basement, “This Faithful Daughter of Godanistan seems to have more devotion than our Pontiff, who makes appointing of undead men as Cardinals, and makes hanging of old priests who call him corrupt! Though that am low bar...”  Some old man mutters to the chicken he’s been plucking for the last hour or so, as he reads over the letter. ”This all seems to boil down to if that phrase am read as single object ””love of Husband and Wife”” or as list of things one can have love of ””love of Husband, and also Wife””So far our clergy’s response has been ””Trust us! We know what am correct!””, How has this made working out for us so far, eh?”

The man scoffs, looking down at the only slightly maggoty chicken, ”Though truly, thank Godani for Arcas’ shockingly robust and open-source postal system!”

“This woman keeps putting ‘God’s Faithful Daughter’ yet she spits on our holy scrolls and spits on our religion. They are no Canonist they are a spawn of Iblees and should be hanged for such abomination the same way as Boniface, a man who was hanged for rewriting our holy scrolls into his own way of ideas.” Stefan Vyronov would state being a strong Canonist man.

“Holy Union allows for sex. And the ONLY purpose of an intimate relationships, in the eyes of God, is to produce offspring. Unless you and your nun butt-buddy can produce a child, there is no possibility of a holy union between two of the same gender.” Comments the priest Waldemar who lives in the LOTC world and not the IRL world.

Nataliya Reza sighed as her sapphire eyes scanned the letter, the young woman stood  idle blinking once. ”Roza you are truly one of the bravest women I know.. but please do niet get yourself killed..” she’d mutter to herself. The princess then began to fold the letter, sliding it into her pocket before glancing back to her younger siblings with a smile.

Mariana continues to scream in hell, weeping loudly. Why? Why!