Sign in to follow this  
GoldWolfGaming

An Epistle - On Homosexuality and the Concerns Thereof

AN EPISTLE
On Homosexuality and the Concerns Thereof

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
-AUTHORED BY-

Kzq9y5gnpvcbh3rqcaSXE40bIHjWs69rhbOTUqHaLGlRgsHlcLGsg4XOJkAhW4aET8ylJxkKy4ZU7qjmIYUxGo7MrnTed7933gRUjuSsHiIajO4f4Eazioup3DRhl3R9MlGExJZG
Prelate for the Priesthood
Cardinal St. Julia

Horen’s Calling, 1791

I

In recent months, two Public Letters to His Holiness, Successor of the High Priesthood, High Pontiff James II have been published in order to ask for a clarification and answer in regards to concerns on homosexual relations. With that, this Epistle is addressed to the anonymous God’s Faithful Daughter and all readers who seek guidance on the matter. It is clear that you, God’s Faithful Daughter, in seeking out this matter’s answer and too speaking so highly of God’s Love, are a dutiful and faithful Canonist. One who regards the Church highly and simply wishes to serve the Lord through Her. And so, it is you, God’s Faithful Daughter who brings forth questions as to the interpretational doctrine of the Church in regards to the homosexuality and to that, I offer you an answer. May God bless you and defend you from sin and may my writings succeed in doing their intention. To guide you as a father so you do not stray from the path of His blessed fruit.

II

I wish to begin this Epistle with the most obvious quotations from the Blessed Scripture, the Holy Scrolls. Both these excerpts from the Holy Scrolls are from the Scroll of Virtue, “And as I made for you the worldly pleasures, so too have I made the pleasures of the spirit, and the love of the husband and wife.” (Virtue 3:5) and, “So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not lie with your kin, nor those of other tribes, and none shall lie together but in holy union.” (Virtue 3:9) Our Mother Church has for thousands of years held in its interpretational doctrine these very verses of Scripture. That the union of matrimony is to only be consecrated by an ordained man when between a man and a woman. There is no inclusion of further relations between a man and a man or a woman and a woman. God has clearly bestowed these words unto Exalted Horen and therefore the world, “the love of husband and wife.

With that, the argument can be made, “The Lord simply said husband and wife and yet he says nothing against a union between husband and husband or wife and wife.” To this I say, the Lord too did not say, do not murder but He did say, “So I am the Most High, and in pursuit of My Virtue, I bid my faithful this: You shall not raise a hand in wrath, nor in envy, nor in any kind of sin.” (Virtue 5:9) In this, the Church, entrusted with this duty by the hand of God through His Prophet Owyn, contemplated over this verse and made the interpretation that murder is a sin. And so, even though the Scroll of Virtue does not explicitly say that the Sacrament of Matrimony shall not be granted to a homosexual coupling, He did say, “the love of husband and wife.” as He did too say, “You shall not raise a hand in wrath, nor in envy, nor in any kind of sin.” and so it is the Church’s right and duty to interpret such verses. With such, by these rights granted to the Immaculate Throne and the Church as a whole to interpret such things, it was in their righteous duty to deem homosexual relations a sin.

He entrusted to them the Word of GOD, which were the Virtue and the Spirit, and charged them to instruct their brethren in the path of holiness. At Owyn’s command, the brothers set shepherds over the flock of men, and so created a priesthood for their instruction, in anticipation of the second son of spirit.
(Gospel 5:4-5)

As I said, it was through Exalted Owyn that the High Priesthood and therefore the Church was formed, granted the Laurel and bestowed the Prophetic Authority to the now High Pontiffs. It is with such that even though the Scroll of Virtue may not directly say, “You shall not murder.” or “Marriage shall not be between a man and a man or a woman and a woman.” it is the Prophetic Authority passed down through Laurel that permits the Church to interpret these verses. An interpretation derived from Scripture and with the best intention to uphold the teachings of God and shepherd His children on the path of virtue. 

It is with this that it becomes very clear. The Scripture, through the most concrete interpretation, clearly disallows homosexual marriage for while God did not say we shall not murder, He did say to not raise a hand against others. And so, as He did say it is the love between a husband and a wife, He too meant husband and wife. Not husband and husband nor wife and wife. Truly, the Lord meant husband and wife.

III

While the word and interpretation of the Church should be enough, it is after recent events that I believe this matter may require more evidence. Therefore, I bring forth the story of Exalted Horen and Saint Julia. A verse from the Scroll of Gospel, “All took concubines, except for Horen, who took only one wife. Her name was Julia, and they kept their union holy.” (Gospel 2:3-4) While we can certainly delve into semantics on how it was natural for God to say only one wife, not one husband or how the bond between man and woman was said to be a holy union, I wish to focus on one thing. The love between Exalted Horen and Saint Julia themselves. 

The first husband and wife, the first coupling, it is indeed quite natural that Exalted Horen and Saint Julia find mention in this Epistle. Perhaps the two most central figures in our modern day unions, it is they who I always tell each married couple to find wisdom from. To use as an example for how their union should be. Their bond was one of love and support. One where they in their matrimonial link served to endeavor to fulfill the mission of God, not alone but together. It was Saint Julia who defended the Encampment of Horen from the Denier in Exalted Horen’s absence and it was Exalted Horen and Saint Julia who died together and ascended to the Sixth Sky as a pair.

It is too Exalted Horen and Saint Julia who birthed three sons in the name of God and so it was Exalted Horen who was prophesied to have three sons of spirit (the next three Exalted) and therefore, Saint Julia was their spiritual mother as Exalted Horen was their spiritual father. The birth of these sons, Harren, Godwin, and Joren as well as the Exalted Owyn, Godfrey, and Sigismund would not be possible without the coupling of man and woman. Without that, much of the Scrolls would be absent without the bond of husband and wife for Harren, Godwin and Joren could not be conceived in a homosexual marriage. Too, the Exalted could not be named the spiritual sons of Prophet Horen without the bond of Exalted Horen and Saint Julia. Clearly, it is intentional in God’s masterpiece, Creation.

I too mention the intrinsic role of the first man and woman. While they were not bestowed the Sacrament of Matrimony as it did not exist at the time, they did indeed have the consent of God and so did they birth the first four descendants. It is without the union of man and woman that Malin, Urguan, Krug and Horen would not have been born and it becomes clear how important the cycle of life is to God and our faith. Much of the Scripture is built around sons. The sons of the first man and woman serve very important roles in both the beginning and end of times. Too, one in particular bestows the first Scroll unto the world and becomes our first Prophet. Then his sons serve as Kings of Man after his death and so do his spiritual sons serve as the future Prophets, enlightening the world with the remaining Scrolls. 

It is without the coupling between man and woman that practically none of the Scrolls would be possible as they are and so it is easy to see that the bond of husband and wife, man and woman, is truly of God, a core to the Creation He has made and defended.

IV

It is here that I wish to address your own concerns written in your public letters to His Holiness, God’s Faithful Daughter. I shall begin with this excerpt from your very first letter, 

Long have I prayed for God to fix me, for I am different you see. The feelings I should have for a man I have for women. But I can no longer believe this to be Iblees’ work. For why is it that when I pray to God to free me of Iblees’ grip nothing changes? Why is it that when I pray to God I remain the same? It must be because God made me this way. He wants for me to love women the way I love men. For if not I would have already been free of evil after my years of praying.

While I understand your pain and struggle, it is clear the falsities of this statement. I ask you, who created sin? Iblees did, not our Lord God. I too ask you and all readers. Have you ever prayed for God to alleviate you of your sins and temptations? I certainly have. Has He? He has not, at least not for me. We are all gripped by Iblees for He has muddled our world and ourselves with sin. So too have I prayed many a time for God to release me from the chains Iblees has constricted me with. However, He has not answered my prayers. I have not magically been relieved of temptation and so has no one else, and I too have asked why. Why has God not freed me of the mortal temptations which Iblees has inflicted me with? 

After much contemplation, it is clear that He already has. He has bestowed unto us His word and the Fruit of Virtue, the natural combatants to the Fruit of Sin. It is merely our choice, whether virtue or sin. To give into our temptations or to choose God over the Denier. 

In this, I wish for you not to be deceived. Just because you were not freed from evil does not mean it was never evil at all. The entirety of the Scrolls is about the struggle between virtue and sin. God and Iblees. The Prophets sin, the son’s encampments sin, the Scroll of Auspice has prophesied the final battle between virtue and sin. God does not choose to simply rid you of your problems but instead gives you the tools to do so. He shall not free you of your chains but give you the choice to. That is the way of God and in this I admonish you. I pray that you shall take these words to heart and reject the deceitful ways of Iblees. Do not mistake sin to be something perfectly fine for a path of ignorance and a path of intention are the same. The path of sin in ignorance is but a modern day Saul and both of these paths are wrapped in Iblees’s tendrils.

A second excerpt from your first letter,

What if we have been wrong all these years? Maybe it is not a sin after all to be homosexual. God loves us anyways does he not? Maybe God did not say that it was wrong, but instead that it was not wise? As it would lead to more children. But he never meant that it was a sin. And that it was just we that misunderstood him?

The question if we have been wrong all years is one that shall receive countless twists and turns unless answered here and now. The answer is as I said before. It is the Church which has been entrusted with the Prophetic Authority and wisdom to interpret the Scrolls of which were given to Her. It is the Church which is the sole interpreter of the Scrolls and bestowed the sole right to safeguard and teach the word of God to the children of the Lord. It is with that that the Church should not be questioned in its interpretations, especially if the answer is so obvious as said prior. There is nothing in the Scrolls to support homosexual couplings and yet there is a wealth of evidence to support heterosexual unions alone (ie: (Virtue 3:5), (Virtue 3:9), (Virtue 5:9), etcetera)

God does indeed love us anyway, however that does not mean that sin is not wrong. Sin is always wrong and it should be our immeasurable goal to not sin. However, whether we sin or not, God does still love us. God’s Love reaches all and yet, like a good father, in His love He still does admonish us for our wrongdoings. For our wrongdoings, our sins lead us astray and in His eternal Love, He wishes to save us from eternal damnation. 

If every interpretation was to be questioned, the Church’s role would be null and void. I assure you madam and all others who may share the same question. The Church’s doctrine on this matter is right.

I shall address this excerpt from the second public letter swiftly for it has already been answered,

Why would a just God create these feelings if they were not to be acted upon by his creation?. God created me with a love for women, so why can I not act on this due to the will of his own holy likeness on Earth?

It has been clearly stated that God has not created you with these feelings for sin is not the product of God. Your homosexual temptations are of Iblees and you cannot act on this for it then becomes sin and as I said previously, it should be our immeasurable goal to wholly reject sin. To fight sin, for it is not of God but of the Denier. I tell you this, each one who falls to temptation (not a sinner, who basks in the Denier’s corruption) is another added to his numbers for the final battle.

V

It is here that you say something that I wished to devote a whole section to. An excerpt from your second letter to His Holiness,

God created many different forms of love like that of platonic love, romantic love and sexual love. So he must have created the love I feel as well. If Iblees only corrupts and destroys, then he cannot create this love that I feel; It is, truly, only God who can create pure love.

You say here, God’s Faithful Daughter, that the Lord has created many forms of love. You are certainly correct in saying this. He has created the love of husband and wife, of father and son, mother and daughter, brother and sister, friend and friend, and so on. It is in God that love is found, for He has gifted all His Creation with love and so does He love us as a father as we love Him as sons and daughters, “This is the promise of GOD to the World, that it shall belong to the virtuous, who love Him.” (Auspice 3:17) It is through Him that the bond of husband and wife, of parent and child, of friend and friend is found and so, it is through Him that too those of homosexual inclinations can find love. 

While it is perhaps not the love you are searching for, it is something I have told those who have approached me with the same temptations. We do not require romantic love or sexual love to be fulfilled for those are the loves to be shared only in marriage and it can be seen through the majority of the clergy that love can be found in many different ways. I have found love as a shepherd for my flock, guiding them as a father would his children. I would defend them with my life, teach them His holy word, and guide them when the grounds beneath become unstable. It is the love that all Priests have for the laymen which is a wonderful example of this.

It is too the love of friends that I have mentioned. Friends love each other dearly, willing to sacrifice time for the other. Enjoying the periods of most joy and also supporting their friend in melancholic times as well. It is the bond of friendship which can carry us through many times and it is in this bond that a love is formed. Not romantic or sexual but platonic, akin to the love found between siblings.

The loves of matrimony do not need to be had for God created a vast amount of love and so in those too can we find fulfillment. Share them with others and you will no longer want to delve into your homosexual temptations.

VI

Next, an excerpt from your third and latest public letter,

Horen married Julia and invented the sacrament of Matrimony. But before Horen and Julia could have been married, the first man and woman must have had sex. They couldn’t have been married as they existed before the first sacraments. Even if matrimony is exclusively heterosexual, monogamous relationships between people of the same sex fall under holy union. The sacraments of matrimony have traditionally been confined to men and women but tradition does not mean that there is only one singular type of holy union, evidenced in the marriage of man and woman before the sacraments’ existence.

This statement once again has many falsities of which I shall endeavor to explain. Horen and Julia were truly the first married couple and yes, the first man and woman who conceived the four descendants were bonded outside of the Sacrament. However, that is because of its non-existence at that time but they did have the blessing of the Lord through natural marriage to bore these four children for it is in His very Scrolls. Now, in our times where we have the Mother Church to watch over us and guide us, the Sacrament of Matrimony serves the same purpose. The blessing of God over holy union. Simply to say that it did not exist then does not mean the teachings and traditions of the Sacrament now are false. 

It should also be said that natural marriages now are the bond of pagans who are united in a pair together through the ceremonies of which they are familiar with. Such bonds are permitted by the Church for the exercising of the Scroll of Virtue in which Elves, Orcs, and Dwarves are held to the moral code defined by God but not required to convert to the one true faith. It is in this that the Church permits pagans to join together in holy union, of which these unions can too, not be homosexual. They are joined together for the express purpose of bearing children, just as the first man and woman were and therefore, just like our Church’s Sacrament, are only between a husband and a wife.

A second excerpt from the third public letter,

What is holy union exactly? One could argue that holy union can mean more than just a marriage between a man and a woman but also to that of a union between those of the same sex. The absence of recorded marriages between members of the same-sex does not mean that unions between the same-sexes are unholy. I assert that there may have been many unions between members of the same sex which had not officiated explicitly in the sacrament of matrimony as a result of this false interpretation. These unofficiated marriages were nevertheless neither sinful nor contrary to the Scrolls for if God had not wished for same sexes to be joined in holy union he would have clearly stated so as he does with that which he deems as unholy.

A holy union is the Sacrament of Matrimony (and too, natural marriages seen to be virtuous in the eyes of the Church). It too should be said that it is true. There have likely been many unions performed between homosexual couples. However, without the permission of the Mother Church and Her interpretations of the Blessed Scripture, it cannot be considered a union at all or at the very most, certainly not a holy one. It is indeed certain that marriage can exist without the Church’s Sacraments, as seen through natural marriages, however those unions must still be abiding by the Scroll of Virtue (and too approved of by the Church), of which homosexual unions do not.

It too should be said that these unofficiated marriages were indeed sinful and truly contrary to the Scrolls for even if God intended for homosexual marriages to be virtuous (of which He did not), a marriage unofficiated or unapproved of by the Church is not a union at all. It is not virtuous nor in line with the Scrolls for the Church is the inheritor of the Blessed Sacraments and so, without the Church, this cannot be done.

Lastly, I admonish you, God’s Faithful Daughter, for asserting that the Church’s doctrine is truly false. As I said prior, the Church is also the inheritor of the Prophetic Authority of the Exalted. Do you believe the good and Canonist Godwinites, Jorenites, Harrenites, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, and Magi questioned the Epistles of Exalted Owyn? That these good faithful among them did not cease their sinful acts of which they were corrected by His Prophet? No, they did not question Owyn for if they did, they would simply not be Canonists. They would not be abiding by His Prophet’s word. Owyn told the Magi for instance, “So to you magicians, I admonish: GOD is unknowable. He cannot be divided nor made again, and His mysteries are the holy mysteries. No art is alike to His boundless ability.” (Auspice 7:16-18) If there were good and faithful Canonists among these Magi, they would surely cease their actions of pride and adhere to the virtues set out by Him and written of by His Prophet. With that, if you say that the Church is wholly false in it’s interpretation, that would be as if a mage said so to Exalted Owyn. It is unacceptable to do so. One can express question or curiosity over an interpretation, but to say to God’s Church that they are wrong, as a layman especially, is to spit upon the Laurel of which the Immaculate Throne was bestowed.

I beseech you, God’s Faithful Daughter and all readers. Be wise with one’s words, for if you say that the Church is completely wrong in it’s interpretations and doctrine, you refuse to recognize the Prophetic Authority of which it holds.

I lastly quote this from God’s Faithful Daughter’s recent public letter,

I conclude that holy union is a union blessed by God in any way or form. If God meant marriage between a man and a woman, the sacraments would have clearly excluded same-sex relationships from being held through holy union and matrimony.

A union blessed by God in this modern age is one also blessed by the Church and too, the Sacraments are bestowed upon the Church and it’s authority and therefore abide by Her interpretations. With that, the Sacrament of Matrimony does clearly exclude same sex-relationships and therefore your question is answered. Homosexual unions are not permitted by the Church and therefore not by the Sacraments either.

VII

I conclude with this. It has been restated many times throughout this Epistle that the Church is righteous in it’s interpretations and therefore correct in it’s doctrine on homosexual marriage. It is in the Mother Church’s view that the Scripture clearly supports this of which you have brought no evidence to say otherwise besides the absence of it. There is nothing in the Scrolls to support homosexual marriage however there is a wealth of evidence to support heterosexual unions and so, such is the birth of the Church’s interpretation of which I wholly support.

We hear your pain. We are not blind to your tears and deaf to your cries however this is something that I believe the Church cannot interpret otherwise. However, in the absence of marriage, I implore you, writer and also all readers who may be plagued by the same temptations, to find love in other forms. If you have a sibling, love them. Love your friend, your father, your mother, your shepherd. Love Him, the Lord. In the absence of marriage, there remains much else of God’s Creation of which to love. Many different ways to love. So love your brethren and all those of the Creator as brothers and sisters under His light and you shall find true fulfillment. This is something I infact know all too well. I grew up believing I was to be married, to have children and such. However, I heard God’s calling and so I took up the crozier and began guiding my flock. In that, I found a wealth of love, not sexual or romantic but of a father for his children. I tell you, I could not hear confession and too spend hours in the basilica offering guidance or administering the Sacraments if I did not have love. 

So find love in other forms as I did and I assure you. You shall achieve true fulfillment. 

God bless you.

Propalatam Deus, da nobis multa sunt beneficia ut non palpet proximorum expendas.
Quia tu id etiam a misericordissimo et maxima benevolentia atque amantissima.
In nomine Patris, amen.

Edited by GoldWolfGaming

Theodora Angelica briefly scanned over the Epistle. “Oh wow.” She muttered to herself, thinking about certain imperials.

James II reads the thesis favorably, directing that it be associated with the relevant topic in the Pontifical Library. He discusses it briefly with his Secretariat “Cardinal St. Julia handles this matter with the tact and tender care I have come to expect of him. We should remain patient with those who are wracked by temptation--we all fall short of God. Yet we cannot tolerate error in the proper understanding of the faith itself. He balances these twin concerns very well.”

Griffith of Gwynon read through the backlog of his friend’s epistles and nodded in agreement to the powerful words. He smiled, remembering the times he had with his best friend. He decided to write him a letter, after these few years of silence.

Father Seraphim had feared the worst, in hearing news of the Cardinal St. Julia’s work upon a response to the upsurgeance of fornicators clamoring for their deviant and abhorrent practices to be made legitimate in the eyes of the holy Church. With the recent murder of Friar Boniface, undertaken in the Darfeyist nature of the current Pontificial institution, he feared that with the culling of pious clerics, next would come the moral decay. Thankfully it was not to be, and so he took quill to paper and continued on his correspondences with his brother, Griffith of Gwynon, a sigh of relief breathed in the preservation of right-believing Canonists everywhere by a former vicar, colleague and perhaps even friend.

“There is a great fault in logic in the Open Letters. She says “It must be God’s will for me to consummate same sex relations, because I have prayed many years, and yet still lust after it.” By the same logic, it must be God’s will for a man to snap at his wife, to underpay his workers, and to fornicate because a man can pray on these things and yet still have the urge. This is what I said in response to the first Open Letter, namely that she fails to make a distinction between inclination and act. Just as a man who is inclined to gluttony does not commit the sin of gluttony unless he actually and deliberately sins against temperance,  so is a man, accepting what she says as true (namely, that these inclinations be immovable and unwanted) not condemned for having these affectations, only for acting on them.”

Edited by thesmellypocket

Spoiler

No comment IRP, but well written post. There are some players that believe homophobia shouldn’t exist IRP, but you’ve done it right. Address it IRP rather than OOCly.

Spoiler

I would like to remind that this is an RP post and all content should follow the forum roleplay rules. Please refrain from OOC. 

Mariana screams within the fiery depths of hell, wrought with anger at the new era of homosexuals.

“F*ck you.” Comments gay-hating priest Waldemar from hell (the Oblivion). “It appears this man received his degree from the University of ((current elf city)), and therefore wishes to spread their homsex views to Gods children. The union between Horen and Julia is the model of a true union. Imagine Horen and Henrik going at it... none would believe him a prophet of God.”

Matumakh chuckles before moving on to ftb with some twinks

Achille Nicephore (alias: Faith Lightning) smirks with mirth.