Barcardi's Build List

Izkuthii

PDAosuv.png

ACtC-3c1NYHo7tbJFAwn0E6VFMPYMWBuZBB0Ef5O

Hello Comrades,

I will be honest, I am absolutely clueless what to put here but here is the general gist of what i’m trying to do. I’m still fairly new to LOTC and unlike I am sure for some of you, Arcas is still new to me despite some regions being starkly unrefined due to it being untouched by civilization so I started a somewhat side project for when I am on to try and keep myself active in building so I don’t lose the skill. This leads me to the Environment Project, which is me trying to add areas across Arcas which utelize natural beauty to either add new areas for roleplayers to explore/hunt/camp or potentially commit sacrifices to Cthuhlu – preferably not the latter, I don’t know how well story will take that. Anyways before I veer massively ofcourse and start talking about how sharks have existed longer than trees and I am actually just trying to distract from the fact that I thought placing the links set here with their names and such would seem unprofessional with an opening paragraph which in itself is unprofessional so to conclude this story; sometimes when I close my eyes, I can’t see. Now, lets actually get on with the point of the post.

Before you is places in the wilderness i’ve worked on to make them have more opportunities and I will ideally add some instructions to what you can do there which you can do whatever you want with this, and I will continue updating this should I build more. I do this so you guys have motive to leave the cities should you need somewhere reclusive that isn’t specifically built as an event, you can go chill in some trees overlooking a lake or ontop of a mountain, maybe you’ll find solace in a washed up boat or a decrepit castle overlooking a valley – and hopefully I will continue this when 8.0 rolls out and continue improving this with feedback from you guys which is another thing. Should you see somewhere that looks lackluster, say on a walk or in the wilderness – post on this forum and I will see about doing it exclusively for if it benefits the environmental atmosphere and not a settlement; so wilderness only. I think that should be everything cleared up, so uh. In the words of Mario, here we go.

PDAosuv.png

ACtC-3eMFvFjoU2Pr65lYM6Hoef02oM6w1Di68X9

Cattleridge is located just west of Helena, should you follow the road from Helena to Sutica then take a right on the first turning (the Y section past the giant oak tree) then you should be able to traverse the path a kilometer before finding the clearing containing Cattleridge Park. I found this on my first walk to Haelun’or when I realised the turning was just a massive hole in the ground, so I rebuilt the raising path and created a lake with tree and custom ridges which was my first real environmental project as world and now I have this pretty view of the castle ontop which is unfortunately abandoned from it’s previous owners compared with the open park below. What’s with the name? Well, the past owners supposedly ran a cattle farm and it’s on a ridge so I named it Cattleridge... I’m World, not Story. So, what can you actually do here?

• There is a campfire with seats, so you can come here on the late night and play Horse with No Name on guitar – Wonderwall is banned.
  • There is a dock which you can chill out on, maybe write a book or go fishing without the hastle of taking out a boat.
  • There is also a boat within, so you and a mate could go fishing as a backdrop for your roleplay like some RDR 2 vibe.
  • You can cliff jump if I remember correctly, you have to climb the cut oak tree by the house and jump into the water.
  • If you’re homeless, there is a perfectly good (collapsing every second) ranch to set up shop in.

What ambience would I recommend? RDR 2 Peaceful Lake

What does Cattleridge even look like?

Spoiler

ACtC-3fAe5LtusFk1hxH9sLmBsluoKnYMkzZX1vO

PDAosuv.png

ACtC-3fB0dYfyH9TKpCto6OSpieiMbkBDfxncVkv

The Fennic Remnants is unfortunately the ruins of Fennic, which was destroyed twice over. Once by Story then once by me when I had to make a presentable environment in three hours but fortunately recent times have changed the scorched ruins of a once great city, wilderness has once again begun to flourish and overtake the ruined crater presenting what is now known as the Fennic National Park although Fennic Ruins is likely a better alternative; i’m just trying to upsell. What we have now is an entirely reworked environment built off the schorched earth that I rapidly put together utelizing deep craters into cooling pools, trees that provide shelter against the winds and house birds to sing songs behind cover so an Oren archer cannot commit crimes against nature so they can have more feathers on their berets. There is also remnants of the city, some which survived story’s actual onslaught and some I built because Fenn was actually the equavelent of an acne covered face. All in all, this is the newest public works. So what is there to do?

• You’ve got four lakes each with their own characteristics and flower types; all of which you can swim in. (If you can swim, that is.)
  • You’ve got campsites scattered around for those who wish to camp without the hastle of kit, just rp you set it up and boom.
  • You’ve got a cliff jump into a deep cavern if you head to the Blue Orchid pond and see the ruin.
  • You can visit a tombstone which is the only ground structure to survive, which is ironic in all fairness.
  • There is a spire ontop of the hill east which overlooks the valley and also commerates the city.
  • While not fully present, there are two sections on the bar I need to finish before reopening to the public.

What ambience would I recommend? TLOU 2 Peaceful Forest

What does Fenn even look like?

Spoiler

ACtC-3cq8IcII080hhfSjlv0CFyYtz7QsS5BDMo2

ACtC-3fy6t25dOu8a3RK6hymLWm1vc4WCknL1mh7

ACtC-3edEHrpnvnR0kHFJ1Bg6fusfSRosMrqB67J

PDAosuv.png

More to be added, feel free to give suggestions.

Will you keep on doing this for Almaris when it comes out? This looks pretty darned sweet. It’s a shame I’ve never stumbled across these places before.

@NotEvilAtAll

That is hopefully the plan, doing this gives some experience to better places. I have some different ideas planned out though, and I will have to wait and see same as everyone else how to portray these when Almaris is released and I have a good understanding on the map; the good thing is, these are just early designs. If I am still around, they will definitely improve to more complex areas with hopefully stories behind them which don’t exist for the purpose of an event – just to really breath more life into the world.

i am always Immersed(tm) by Bacardi’s builds unironically

Great builds. Hopefully we’ll see more of these great builds next map!

Wish i could do more for such a great builder of the world team.

+1

These are absolutely beautiful, holy... +1

Keep doing the good work, ya building madman.

Doing great work +1 The builds are lovely and the idea behind them absolutely perfect.

+1 This is a LOT better than the former crater 2x over fantastic job as always. (Bacardi is also carrying me when it comes to building assets I need for Vortex)