Physical Traits Assignment Guide

Sander

Hey guys! So with the release of Crusader Kings III a while back, I've gotten interested in applying some of the traits mechanics into an LotC format because I think they could make for interesting roleplay. What I've done here is created a simple system to randomly assign some physical/mental traits to a character when you're creating them or when they're given birth to in rp. It incorporates a lot of the congenital traits from CK3 as well as some additions of my own, and it's by no means perfect, but I still think it works pretty neatly! So let me briefly explain the system I've come up with!

Step 1: Do /roll 3 
If the result is 1, the character has no noteworthy traits. If the result is 2 or 3, proceed to step 2. This step is to add a chance of no oddities for the sake of realism, but you can skip it of course if you want one of the interesting traits.

Step 2: Do /roll 20
Here's where the real system comes into play. For each possible number of the roll, I've assigned a specific trait. These are roughly grouped into the categories; BAD (1-6), NEUTRAL (7-14) and GOOD (15-20).
Neutral means the trait can either be bad or good, but it largely depends on how the person rp's it. Bad and Good should speak for themselves.

6d76113a31d6154547472a6bd95074a5.png

daaf18a8f571df1df100bbc34c8d8b06.png

dcf8b96beb875005ef704f47d4726f76.png

Of course there'll be things that can be improved upon this sytem, like taking in account some attributes that the child's parents might have or changing some of the traits, but I think this is a pretty nice basis for such a system and it adds a nice aspect to roleplaying characters by giving them one of these traits. I might write up a version with even more traits for like a /roll 40 if y'all would like that. Be sure to let me know what you all think about it, feedback is welcome! And naturally, feel free to use this system!

This idea is honestly really good, because it could help make a real interesting character. As well will prevent, Plan Janes, Mary Sues, Edge Lords, and my favorite (the one I hate the most) Perfect Jimmy with a sad backstory but is somehow perfect in every way (aka the protagonist).

Interesting yet risky. I’ll probably use this for my next character.

Edited by Legoboy7984

All of my characters are just the bad ones.

roll only from the bad ones for hardmode. 

lol elves start with a nat 3