AMA cause my body is broken and I live to spite God

Keefy

Just now, Quavinir_Twiceborn said:

How do is him do An Alabama; he

Something something cousins something something meth something something getmethefuckoutofhere

Hey, Dad. Last time we really talked in depth at all was probably four or so years ago, when Zirda's community started dying out. 

So uh, here's my question.

How've you been, bud? I've been worried about ya. 

Wendy Williams GIFs | Tenor

Why don’t you give give everyone that comments what bender they are?

Just now, altiar1011 said:

Hey, Dad. Last time we really talked in depth at all was probably four or so years ago, when Zirda's community started dying out. 

So uh, here's my question.

How've you been, bud? I've been worried about ya. 

Ups and Downs.

The exodus from the Atherys community happened, way before you came along. Gamma, Rift, Chase, etc, we all settled into the server. Around the same time my marriage to my exwife whom you knew as Iris93 happened, so I wasn’t in a good place mentally for a long time. Lot’s of instability oocly, but the rp and community here, while vitriolic, helped me along.

A year or two goes by, me and another lotc’r meet. We take our time and now we’re maarried, things are better. Got alot on my plate irl right now with my grandpas death and this illness junk but I’m happier than I was 4 years ago. Sometimes it takes squeezing alot of **** to get a little bliss.

3 minutes ago, Slayy said:

Wendy Williams GIFs | Tenor

Why don’t you give give everyone that comments what bender they are?

Dirty non-bender.

1 minute ago, Keefy said:

Ups and Downs.

The exodus from the Atherys community happened, way before you came along. Gamma, Rift, Chase, etc, we all settled into the server. Around the same time my marriage to my exwife whom you knew as Iris93 happened, so I wasn’t in a good place mentally for a long time. Lot’s of instability oocly, but the rp and community here, while vitriolic, helped me along.

A year or two goes by, me and another lotc’r meet. We take our time and now we’re maarried, things are better. Got alot on my plate irl right now with my grandpas death and this illness junk but I’m happier than I was 4 years ago. Sometimes it takes squeezing alot of **** to get a little bliss.

Yeah, from what I heard from Gams it was a nice hot minute ago. It's crazy to think of how much time has passed, honestly. 

I'm honestly happy to hear you've found yourself in a place where you can get a little bit of joy from life. I know things were not always the best, but it's good to know you're doing better. I'm proud of ya, Keefy.

I hope the illness passes soon enough, it always sucks being sick. You take care of yourself, okay? I don't think any of us want you keeling over just yet. 

Could you explain how and why everything happen to Hareven what did even when all he wanted was just a tavern? 

Also I wanted to way hi.

Just now, SorairoDays said:

Could you explain how md why everything happen to Hareven what did even when all he wanted was just a tavern? 

Also I wanted to way hi.

So when I wrote Hareven, I wrote him as a ugly, diminutive elf. A grumpy little **** who wanted to make a safe place for people to enjoy themselves in.

Then I rolled and got a dwarf cause DnD logic. At the time, the two biggest Dwarf clans were Goldhands and Frosties and they were in the process of that PvP life rather than culture cause Jberg just went down and so on and so forth.

Which was doubly unfortunate cause I was meant to instead of a clan, have him raised from age 5 in Courland who disappeared out from under the server for a hot minute after Jberg and all that. So instead I started him as raised back int he day in Courland, at the ripe young age of 40, with Riftblades main normie persona Velenius/Aerith, in Axios Sutica.

The goal hadn’t changed and in fact, if you remember back then, I did have a small tavern in the back of Sutica. But then the Guild formed, around Hareven and just how I generally played him. The goal was still there, but he slowly realized for as many people that started relying on him, he’d need more. More what, he didnt know. So I tried finding golemancers, that was the first magic I actually wanted, but not many were actively teaching at this time, the only two holed up in Arcadia didnt want to teach a beardling that was fair. Tried for Paladinism, under the logic of “If I was trained to fight, then I could host a larger tavern and protect the people” but I got turned down for being too short. Keepers were logical beings, it’s eh.

And then we moved to Krugmar and that’s where he truly started rolling. We did all those adventures, he turned druid, he was a good pure druid too for awhile, and then he broke, and got back up. It’s been a fantastic story to play out.

But the Tavern is still his goal. A place where he can help people feel safe, express themselves, relax, find shelter. He lived poor circumstances. A mug of mead was a rare blessing, warm food made out of more than basic potatoes and dried meat the same. Despite him being a raging mental disaster, he’s just a grumpy fuckwit who wants to watch people be people and be happy.

If our Druids never met, what do you think Haraven would have turned into or become? 

1 minute ago, Delmodan said:

If our Druids never met, what do you think Haraven would have turned into or become? 

A monster. I relent to use the term ecoterrorist, but at that moment in time for Hareven, he was vastly confused and overwhelmed with more than he was prepared for. That all turned on a head during the Portal Incident which was so mentally damaging that Lich!Lefkos had to step in and help stabilize him, with Owl helping him stand back up.

He sees his mother in Owl, that’s what struck him foremost when they met. If that wasn’t there to Guide him at his lowest moments, he’d either be dead or unhinged in the not entertaining way.

what’s your take on force pk events?

much love keef<3

Just now, Motherchild said:

what’s your take on force pk events?

much love keef<3

Hmm.

So for any of you who have taken up my events, you know that I don’t do Hard Force PKs.

I tend to, at best so far, perform Soft Pk events, aka if you die you just cannot participate in the plot of it anymore.

But I do think some things are Force PK applicable.

Let’s run this by with a Dungeon Concept idea. High Risk, you get in deep. Let’s say, you encounter a Patron, or Aengul. Something huge. That level of thing, that’s what I see as Force PK-event tier.

Like if some homeboy decided to go and try and pick a fight with Azdromoth and lost, they should have to PK. That’s a MASSIVE entity in the Lotc Power Scale dichotomy. But if the event is say like Skavens or like my Basilisk thing? Nah. If people want to PK then that’s on them, but heavy risks should only be enforced when the circumstances match up. And I know there is a hefty playerbase of people who pk anything on death, and that’s fine. Everyone has their own opinions and thoughts. 

But as far as event pks, that’s how I see it. If you are facing down high level dangers, then that should be a fair risk.

8 minutes ago, Keefy said:

Hmm.

So for any of you who have taken up my events, you know that I don’t do Hard Force PKs.

I tend to, at best so far, perform Soft Pk events, aka if you die you just cannot participate in the plot of it anymore.

But I do think some things are Force PK applicable.

Let’s run this by with a Dungeon Concept idea. High Risk, you get in deep. Let’s say, you encounter a Patron, or Aengul. Something huge. That level of thing, that’s what I see as Force PK-event tier.

That’s mostly why I asked, I heard you weren’t a character murderer lmao.
But yeah, I’d agree, going as far to say I think death should have consequence (case by case). Like if there was a good amount of RP that lead up to the death, or like you said, your foe is literally Azdromoth, then yeah for the sake of good storytelling you should wanna write them out. Like if ever there was the “meaningful” death people search for, that is the way.

So then do you think Lefkos is gonna die?