AN INTERVIEW WITH AN EMPRESS, 1792

Ledicort d’Azor would be preparing the soldiers upon the eve of marching to the warfront. He would light the Dubious Cigar that was between his lips as he looked at a missive that would be upon his desk. As he read the contents, a smile would be left upon his face.

“Victoria, your future is as bright as can be. The Empire has a scholar in the making and one I am so proud to call my god child.”

“Mad power comes with mad responsibility..." A de Selm child muttered.

Sofya Antonina, the daughter of an infamous governor, complains to said governor about how she didn’t come up with this idea.

Theodora Angelica chuckled at her first cousin, once removed, doodle of Anne, Holy Orenian Empress.

“You did us a favour, we’ve wanted to leave this corrupt empire for a very long time. Who were you to decide what was best for our own people and nation?” Says Hektor Stafyr, talking to himself as he sits in the tavern, free from imperial tyranny.

“Without Haense they aren’t even an empire, the only ‘Kingdoms’ they have are either kingdoms in name only or one that they are King and Queen of, like Kaedrin.” scoffed Hubert as he heard of the interview in the barracks in New Reza.

Tarathiel Elyra would read a transcript of the interview curiously, a brow quirked as her lips curled into a sly smile. The tavern, as it usually was these days, was bustling with activity of rowdy soldiers and nobles alike, joined in a union of merriment and song.

”I’d say that it was her greatest achievement as well... It has let the Kingdom soar higher than ever before, now that its wings aren’t bound by the shackles of servitude. 

Krusae Zwy Kongzem.

Her gaze would flit to the lone Hektor, prompting a golden glow to begin traveling up her arm, along and betwixt the complex sleeve of tattoos that crawled across the limb.

”Hektor, dearest! Consider this round on me!”

And with that, the gathered mana would be released with a snap of her fingers as she meandered over to the man, placing a bottle of Carrion Black in front of him, as sparkles of glittering mana fell around the weary man.

• 2 weeks later...