Community Team Update - October 2020

armajesty

U8gV9tsi8PsJsglmYiv0X90bMRLkrE3vXd1qcsFHu6yeTL9S5UbwNCVT0aMNT8VsG5B0V_agq6EBEpCh5ehgUAA0MznF_y01MQFFhJ86MwsZ5sPu7MdPHCYvTBlzGpAoHf0KYV7K

COMMUNITY TEAM UPDATE LOG

OCTOBER 2020

R0pLo0gtfUhi31VISOsaq0rxREaEdBhHGfUpVsrGKyrJbra-JyUZhUEJJ8jfYkTbe4LE0BePnJ3wXGXGj2aAfZgTyS3aLP8Ek5gZ1dlBTbxQhuQvgatl9vRZN92tmMzlB1VUxkuk

INTRODUCTION

Hello, everyone!

October has been quite the month for the Community Team with planning for the Escape the Temple event, revamping a  few older projects, bringing aboard some new ones, and an overall change in administration which brings so many new cards to the table. We cannot wait to share what we have been working on this month, and hope you are looking forward to reading more about it.

0dg-oLgZhKpinnjY-bF4zjRbwPx7-beOC5CiMGNO0VYDBO3C5K1hZ6jJJOYBto8b39xbPFQKhfAPrJF5DSAN4kAFED97M2EUC6MHHzR_jKaLHU09wKDD6osZihlcLChnoOFqbrk1

OCTOBER DATA

- Overview -

This month, we saw a total of 135 apps handled, with 83 new players welcomed onto LotC. 

Our rate of acceptance has increased when you compare applicant numbers when comparing the two months as last month, we saw 172 applications and welcomed 78 new players. Despite this, the quality of applications has not changed.  On this note, we are safe to say that the applicant spike following the spread of COVID-19 is completely gone, meaning we’ve reached a steadier amount of applications. These numbers are dipping closer to 100, though we hope to see these numbers go up with the change to Almaris.

- Monthly Applications -

Spoiler

unknown.png

- Accepted/Denied Ratios -

Spoiler

unknown.png

- Race Specific Data -

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

- New Player Guidance -

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

0dg-oLgZhKpinnjY-bF4zjRbwPx7-beOC5CiMGNO0VYDBO3C5K1hZ6jJJOYBto8b39xbPFQKhfAPrJF5DSAN4kAFED97M2EUC6MHHzR_jKaLHU09wKDD6osZihlcLChnoOFqbrk1

TEAM DATA

- Application Team Data -

Spoiler

unknown.png

APPLICATION KING/QUEEN

This month’s Application Queen goes to... @zuziee

Iy22se_0ZYM27-tIKN-oN5Qtcj7C1-2-BWdgl9jv

@zuziee

Followed behind by @Demon_Lilly and @Hopesky123!

With 42 applications, Zuziee is our reigning application queen of October!

CURRENT ROSTER

Community Administrator

@Telanir

Community Managers

@armajesty

@Fiiieee

@Nilyeet

Community Team Members

@__TigerKitty__
@arkantos129

@BenjiBot_

@camocat9

@Demon_Lilly

@HogoBojo

@Hopesky123

@JokerLow

@MrChenn1

@snoopie12

@Yagami

@zuziee

Content Creation Members

@BenjiBot_

@Epistile

@FIXER957

@LaffenOutLoud

@peachcool

@SorairoDays
@Treshure

@Tykeandy

@zuziee

TRANSITIONING

Telanir has been hard at work with efforts to create a better and more connected Community Team, and empowering people to take responsibility for more challenging and effective work. You will notice in the next section that focus groups are no longer a part of our team, and that is because they have been swapped out in favour of commitments. These commitments are meant to allow our Community Team Members to put out more impactful and meaningful work for the community, while also maintaining our mandatory tasks like application, and new player guidance. Each of these projects has hit off with a big start, so please read onwards to find out what changes will be coming your way soon!

From Telanir:

My goal this month is to laser-focus the team on the essentials and on high-impact work. I believe the central mission of the Community staff is to embrace and facilitate meaningful human connections between the different communities we have and even for the people who haven’t yet met our server. Both community engagement and advertising make for a connected, happy, and populated community.

People might notice some members aren’t engaged with applications or with new player guidance—this is intentional, as some people are responsible for major commitments like monthly Community Newsletters, coordinating Community Meetings, contests, content creation, social media management, Nation Leader representation—and more.

COMMITMENT UPDATES 

Community Newsletter - @BenjiBot_

Hello! I’m BenjiBot_ I’m a member of the Community Team on LoTC, and I’ve been tasked with writing the LoTC Community Newsletter for each month! I, as well as others, think that the newsletter is an important part of LoTC because it’s purpose is to compile various important pieces of information from the server! This would include, announcements, team updates, and notable lore posts. It requires a lot of input, but hopefully once the process is mastered, we’ll be able to get out a suitable newsletter every month, to keep the community of Lord of the Craft, as updated as possible!

Community Meetings Revamp - @zuziee

Hey everybody! Personally, I am working on re-making the public community meetings that we host monthly. My main goal is to make it a fun and safer place for people to come ask questions, hang out, and get to know us CT more. Being more connected to us staff members is always a good thing for the entire server and the community team is the team to start with. At the moment I am brainstorming all these ways we can get the questions answered that you lot ask and have fun at the same time. I will hopefully have a complete plan for our first new community meeting in about 2 weeks!

Nation Leader Relations - @arkantos1279

I'm currently meeting up with all of the nation leaders to get their perspective on a variety of issues on the server. Since they do a lot of the leg-work for keeping the server active and running our communities I think it's important to understand their communities, things they deal with and ways we can help them run the server to assist them in running their nations. I have been going to each nation leader and speaking with them, getting a feel for things they deal with on the server, issues specific to their playerbase and things as a whole we can do to bridge the gap between leaders in the community and staff members. I have met with most of the nation leaders so far and have spoken to them about a variety of their issues. I'm attempting to take a very relaxed approach to this and getting to know all of the nation leaders in a more casual sense and working to create a better atmosphere for everyone to take on challenges we face as a community together.

Battle of the Arts - @Armajesty

Battle of the Arts has been undergoing a full revamp this month. We are transitioning the competition into two seperate contests. One for solely creative writing, and the other for general arts like visual art, skinning, building, etc. We are hoping to boost these competitions more than ever in the coming months! One of the biggest changes is coming to our prizes, we are trying to find prizes that will get players more motivated to compete. I won't say much more, but those of you who like custom forum roles like the 'Creative Wizard' role will definitely want to check it out.

Creative Café - @Fiiieee

I will from now on manage the Creative Café, which takes place 3-4x per year. @arkantos1279 and @Erik0821 as well as some other people have offered to help me, which I am incredibly grateful for. I will update you guys as soon as possible and announce any changes that may or may not come up. The next Café is expected to take place either in late November or in early-mid December. We look forward to seeing all of the creative content our community has to show off!

Community Events -  @Nilyeet

Qle2dOhCQ92rf0KO7PVjQXwMjQSho4lf0m9jvNhy_p7RZJINRoR3ITA9OeELtAyb6fygS_0J7BrYPmLZw5tMojKt4L2n5WQ_X6Yl_IEsZda5o2QKAfIicR1WKnLkp5gsCbnQ8uDa

‘Lo LotC! Nily here w/ and update on our Community Team events. Very recently, the Community Team released Escape the Temple 2.0, a revamped escape room built on the foundation of last year’s event. I consider this to be a massive success, and lots of people have participated and enjoyed themselves, which I’m extremely happy about. If you have any suggestions on how to improve with our future events, or any event ideas, please let me know by messaging me over Discord or via forum message, or reaching out to a Community Member! 

Beyond this, we have some winter event ideas down pat, and are going to begin the brainstorming and planning stages in early November. Keep on the lookout for clues or hints to these events.

If you have any feedback you’d like to give us regarding an event you’ve participated in in the past, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/m6Bx6FaXRDX1N28B6.

Stay chill, LotC.

Media Team - @Fiiieee @snoopie12 @peachcool @LaffenOutLoud

Moving on to the next topic, the Media Team! After a month of figuring out what to do exactly, we are now starting to move forward. The Media Team is managing all Lotc official social media platforms. I (snoopie) for example, will be managing the Twitter account once everything is set in place. The past month the administration accepted our proposal for an official TikTok account, this one will be managed by @peachcool. And then as last but not least, @LaffenOutLoud will be managing our Instagram. I also want to clear up that for the time being we have no intentions of reviving our Reddit page, this because we firstly want to see how everything will go with the other social media. So keep an eye out for social media posts in the coming month!

Pots and Pandits Revamp - @snoopie12

Heya ya all, snoopie here with an update. Past month has been wild, with ups and downs, but we have made it out alive. Firstly it was finding our way, but now I am glad to say that I am fully back on track. I’ve been working on revamping Pots and Pandits as it was barely used. Together with @Yagami @FIXER957 @Tykeandy and @LotsofMuffins we are currently working on making a Tutorial Video on Combat Roleplay. This will replace Pots and Pandits for the time being, however our team members are obviously still here to help out with your Combat Roleplay. If you have a Tutorial Video idea yourself, don't hesitate to shoot me a DM so we can look at what we can do!

Wiki Team - @HogoBojo and @JokerLow

Howdy everyone! The Wiki Team continues to be working on maintaining, updating, and adding to the Wiki. One of the things we believe strongly is that the Wiki is a valuable source, and we would like players to reference it often. So we’re currently trying to make it easier to access and find information, and ensure that it’s accurate. Hopefully this will encourage new and old players to use the Wiki more frequently. If you have any questions, concerns, suggestions, or need anything else Wiki related then please contact one of the Wiki Caretakers. The current Wiki Caretakers are @HogoBojo and @Jokerlow. Below you can find the individual update of both of the team members.

Hogo’s Update

I’m currently hard at work, working on a new main page for the Wiki, and plan to have it complete for the release of the next map. This new main page still has the important information that the previous page has, along with additional information, and a slightly new look. Alongside this, I’m continuing to work on updating pages and creating new ones. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding the Wiki then please send me a message @HogoBojo#0001.

JokerLow’s currently focused on the Wiki’s approach with the next map and considering possible changes for the Wiki Rules. He’s working hard to ensure that there are no uncategorized Wiki pages. Before Arcas’s ending, the main focus remains on updating core Wiki pages to leave no place for confusion, especially for new players.

OCTOBER’S DIRECTION

Last month was about Community Advocacy. This month, we’re re-grouping under new leadership and focusing on improving the team!

Last Month’s Goals

1. Community Advocacy

Our community advocacy system is changing a bit, and although we’ve worked hard on getting interviews done for this month, due to team member losses, we’re struggling to compensate for their lack of interviews by interviewing more. Due to this, this month’s community advocacy project is taking longer than expected, and as such, it’s a goal of ours to finish it as soon as possible. Currently, we’re in the compilation stage, which means we’re compiling feedback from interviewees into one, coherent document to send on and discuss, though this is sometimes the lengthier part of the process. 

1. Community Events

Specifically, this month’s focus in terms of community events is the upcoming Escape the Temple event for Halloween. The team has worked super hard on this event, and they are continuing to work hard wrapping it up. Keep an eye out on the forums for an announcement regarding the opening, and I hope you guys will enjoy it!

1. Team Members

Although we’ve gotten a small handful of new members this past month, we’re still looking to continue recruiting! Our cap is 20, and our ideal size is between 15-20. This will probably continue being a goal for us until we reach that ideal size, so please reach out to your friends if you think they might be interested in applying for the Community Team, and we’ll see how we grow next month!

To find out the direction for October, I suggest scrolling back up to ‘From Telanir:’ for a message from the legend himself.

R0pLo0gtfUhi31VISOsaq0rxREaEdBhHGfUpVsrGKyrJbra-JyUZhUEJJ8jfYkTbe4LE0BePnJ3wXGXGj2aAfZgTyS3aLP8Ek5gZ1dlBTbxQhuQvgatl9vRZN92tmMzlB1VUxkuk

If you have any questions or comments about the direction that we are going in, feel free to leave a comment down below or reach out to a team member.

Beautiful. 🥰

Let's double-down on that upward trend! Cheers to everyone on the team really coming forward and putting their minds to it, very proud of the initiative and I think everyone else appreciates it too. Thanks for the team-effort.

damn thats hot

Hey, it's me

Good job guys 😄

looking goody 😆 

#hyped

Very epic. 😄

EPIC