[✗] [CA Creature + Non-Playable Creature] - Wendigo

CartonCat

Background and Origins

Very little is known of the wendigo, it's so rare that many believe it to be fictional. What people do know of the Wendigo, is its origin, and its most defining trait, its ravenous, insatiable hunger. The wendigo is not born like many creatures, it is a curse the lives in the frozen winds of the north, that whoever gives into their hunger while within the curse's presence and devours another of their kind, will be cursed to lose all their sense, save for the hunger that they satiated with the blood of another. When the curse takes effect, the wendigo slowly changes, first their mind goes, little by little everything fades, everything but hunger. Once they lose themselves entirely, their form twists, their body stretches, they grow matted black fur, their head shifts into something similar to an elk's skull, their eyes sink and glow a faint crimson. The emaciated beast, then spends the rest of its eternal, tortured existence prowling the frozen wilds, devouring anything alive, driven by nothing but it's constant, excruciating hunger. Wendigos avoid civilization, as their curse wishes to ensure their survival so that their torture may continue, however not even the curse can keep them away, if their source of food were to run dry...

"Beware the howl of the wendigo, for it is a warning, a warning that its hunt is close..."- Unknown

Physical Appearance

Wendigo Wendigo - Illustrations ART street                                                            Wendigo | Art Amino                                               Wendigo, painted by me using procreate, 2020 : Art

Wendigo (digital version) by Moony-Bunny | Mythical creatures art, Wendigo,  Horror art

The wendigo has a very twisted appearance, they are extremely tall humanoid creatures which are so emaciated that they appear stretched and disproportionate in their height. They are covered in matted black fur and their head resembles the skull of an elk, save for the razor teeth and occasional horns, with glints of red as the only hint of them having eyes. their elongated arms and disgustingly long, clawed fingers are thin and boney, and their necks are a foot long. Wendigos are anywhere from 8 to 12 ft tall. Anyone within a mile of a wendigo will know, as they will begin to feel colder, no matter how they dress or what heat source is near, the wendigo's chill is unstoppable.

Despite its outward appearance, the wendigo has exceptional speed and durability. It can hear a rabbit wandering the forest from nearly a mile away, and reach that rabbit in moments, it is fastest bound from tree to tree but can go at an exceptionally high speed on foot as well. The wendigo is stealthy, but its presence can be determined by chilling mist it carries with it which could frost a window in the middle of summer. However, while the wendigo's hearing is impeccable, its eyesight is weak and its sense of smell is worthless, so as long as you can avoid noise and can stay somewhat hidden, it will not find you. Wendigos are resistant to weapons save for those that are hot enough to burn flesh. Heat is a wendigo's most prominent weakness, fire and hot steel are extremely effective and will easily burn through its cold flesh. It is also unaffected by water, ice, and wind based abilities.

Mindset and Mentality

Despite its origins, the wendigo no longer retains any semblance of humanity, only hunger, and a sick joy in killing and creating terror. While the wendigo is unrelenting in its hunting and will stop at nothing to tear its favorite prey apart, it will still toy with its food, howling and screeching, even mimicking human speech to trick or terrify its food. But save for its twisted games, it is a force that will not be stopped from its goal, unless it is kill. It is not tactical or cautious, it is only hungry, and disturbed...

Abilities

Bite and Throw

bite down on a target and throws them 10 feet back (Or what is equal to 10 blocks)

Claws

slashes with claws up to 2 targets

Ice breath

Breathes ice and applies the slow effect on targets 10 blocks in front of it

Blizzard summon

Lower everyone's visibility with a small blizzard of snow or fog

(I'm worried I might make these too powerful or just do them wrong somehow so I'll just leave them simple for now, hopefully that's alright)

Red Lines and Restrictions

Only appears in cold wilderness except when hungry enough to attack. Mostly near Norland and Haense.

Purpose (OOC)

The wendigo adds an element of fear to the cold wilderness and would provide a unique event that I believe could be very interesting, and it fits with the canon as it is a very fantastical creature that is based in magic and it fits well as an evil threat to face. 

1x3hv0.jpg

It's a nice concept, though personally I would highly recommend a name change out of respect for the culture it originated from. 

2 hours ago, GOD's Holy Crusader said:

Unfortunately, I highly doubt this will pass by the lore team. Due to format, spelling, and overall subject regarding powers and vagueness. I suggest reading over a lot of our current accepted creature lore and others.

Best of luck to you gamer!

This. Whilst it is not uncommon for newer players to attempt the creation of any number of varying lore pieces, and while your desire to involve yourself in lore writing is commendable. Due to a multitude of reasons, primarily rooted in the lack of server experience, and unawareness of lore precedent, nearly all lore pieces from brand new players are not accepted. I'm not saying this to discourage you, however, first and foremost, before you begin writing lore, and become involved with that aspect of the server, I suggest that you devote your time to playing the server, it is only through direct experience that one begins to understand the dense, and hugely diverse lore precedent sufficiently enough to write a truly great lore piece. Good luck!

This lore has been denied. 

I advise looking over lore criteria and information to follow here.
https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/forum/1170-lore-criteria-submissions/ 

Aswell, I would spend some more time on the server before submitting a lorepiece to understand the nuances and pieces of lore that new players might not grasp. Perhaps involve yourself in a magic group to get a grasp on how things look and are done.

Thank you for your submission, I wish you luck in the future.