The Maelunir, 1795

Parion

Haelunor_zoomer_version2.png

THE MAELUNIR AND THEIR DUTY

TO THE

MAHERAL'S OFFICE

Expressed for 1795

9of27Pe2KAJePnD-WZfCfR6f9DF1vAlCDQ15RQ_RCiptseiJ17D4W0yZC_EoLN3s0SVppCypZlLriPnfapydU-Cfn7Ce_i7SyMPprqNeqbbc_bw41qZhkS2SgobtKp-1jPhnznat

‘Maelu’ is to know, and the privilege of knowing belongs to the Maelunir:

I. The Maelunir is a trusted agent of and an aide to the Maheral. 

II. The Maelunir is expected to hear the words of, to understand the will of, and to act on behalf of the Maheral. 

III. The Maelunir is expected to engage with the citizenry and to convey the Maheral’s wisdom actively to the Mali’thill.

9of27Pe2KAJePnD-WZfCfR6f9DF1vAlCDQ15RQ_RCiptseiJ17D4W0yZC_EoLN3s0SVppCypZlLriPnfapydU-Cfn7Ce_i7SyMPprqNeqbbc_bw41qZhkS2SgobtKp-1jPhnznat

Hobbiton Post Office

Picture Credit: JoshK92

As requested by the Maheral, the Office and Duties of the Maelunir are formally described for the citizenry's comprehension:

I. GUIDANCE AND COMMUNICATION. The Maelunir serves as an intermediary between the citizenry and the Maheral, providing advice and answering queries on the Maheral’s behalf. The Maelunir is to be equipped with a strong understanding of the intricacies of Mali’thill culture, particularly as interpreted by the incumbent Maheral. The Maelunir is expected to advise the Maheral and to heed the advice and requests of the Maheral in turn.

II. TEACHING AND MEDITATION. The Maelunir is expected to be intellectually engaged with the citizens of the Silver State on matters of culture, history, and philosophy. The Maelunir may host formal and informal discussions, give public lectures or call for and moderate debate amongst the citizenry.

III. ELECTORAL SUPERVISION. The Maelunir presides over the election process, which encompasses all stages, beginning with the announcing of council vacancies, overseeing the declarations of candidacy, and the debates to soon follow. It is furthermore the Maelunir’s duty to produce the facilities for voting at the behest of the Most Blessed.

IV. DRAFTING OF CULTURAL PUBLICATIONS. When called, the Maelunir is expected to draft the decrees of the Maheral, informing the people of the Maheral’s will and ensuring cultural missives and directives are implemented effectively.

V. POLITICAL SUPERVISION. The Maelunir is to act as a channel between the Okariran and the Maheral, ensuring they are properly supported to fulfill their cultural duties to the state. The Maelunir will also assume the duties of Okariran through vacancy periods in cases of death, departure or absence.

VI. INTERREGNUM. The Maelunir will temporarily assume the duties of the Maheral in the event they depart from post or are otherwise incapacitated without naming a successor. It is the Maelunir’s duty to organise a moot between the Malauriran to select a new Maheral. The Maelunir may be selected to succeed the Maheral, but the officeholder is not a successor apparent by virtue of their position.

Signed,

qka4m14.png

19th of Malin’s Welcome, 1795

A former Maelunir smiled as he perused the missive, reminiscing his service during the fledging days of the Republic.