A Mothers Cry

Althea

Althea sits silently at the camp, looking around as families stayed close to each other. Her heart hurt, missing her children’s joyful tones. Althea sadly had no clue where her daughter was, Maela had left the house and hasn’t come home since. Oskar on the other hand was dead, as she overheard from another conversation. Tears silently slipped down her face as she held one of Darien’s old coats over her. She missed her husband, she missed her children, and she missed the home she came to love. “Darien, I wish you were here. I wish you could guide me and help me find Maela. She’s the closest thing I have to you and I can’t live with knowing if she is safe or not.” Althea spoke to herself and silently hoped that Darien could hear her from the seven skies above. 

Oskar's bones rattled in their grave.

2 hours ago, Althea said:

Althea sits silently at the camp, looking around as families stayed close to each other. Her heart hurt, missing her children’s joyful tones. Althea sadly had no clue where her daughter was, Maela had left the house and hasn’t come home since. Oskar on the other hand was dead, as she overheard from another conversation. Tears silently slipped down her face as she held one of Darien’s old coats over her. She missed her husband, she missed her children, and she missed the home she came to love. “Darien, I wish you were here. I wish you could guide me and help me find Maela. She’s the closest thing I have to you and I can’t live with knowing if she is safe or not.” Althea spoke to herself and silently hoped that Darien could hear her from the seven skies above. 

It had took some time, as so much had happened but Maela had managed to get a bird to her mother, after hearing of the news of Haense being attacked by meteors. The girl herself was in Helena a few months prior and had got caught up in their attack and following evacuations, being brought to the Eye of Man, where she had to get herself settled and help with the gathering of food and tending of injuries. She was frightened, scared to send her mother a bird in fear that she had met an untimely death, much like her father just a few years prior. It wasn't until her friend finally convinced her, that she sent a bird, only to find out her mother had evacuated and was safe. The duo now reunited on the Helena ship, with Maelas fiancee in tow, and various other family members, such as her Uncle and grandfather.