bro for my ask me .. complaints for server

DahStalker

ok for the staff and our benefit... put your complaints here... so maybe they can be productive rather than bickering. It's just like since some are actually reasonably i thought this could be helpful

This whole crafting systems appears to not be very new-player friendly, its very confusing, it took a while for us to just figure out copper, imagine how long it will take for new players to understand it when everything is released.

3 minutes ago, Boniface said:

This whole crafting systems appears to not be very new-player friendly, its very confusing, it took a while for us to just figure out copper, imagine how long it will take for new players to understand it when everything is released.

Someones already made a simple easy guide. 

Complaint

The Advertisement
Initially I joined this server because one of my friends told me about this amazing ROLEPLAYING SERVER that put aside mechanics like stats, powers, game mechanics and grinding. A game not like sitting around playing WoW but rather attending a virtual Live Action RolePlaying game.

when I look at this forum I  see banner saying "welcome to lord of the carft, the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying server." but now, after the new map what I see when I log on is no longer the roleplay server I joined last year, it is now a crafting MMO with a roleplaying skeleton hanging in the back.

The same can be said about the time the staff decided to rob players of their freedom of speech by banning and changing the words used in both RP and OOC to ones they found fitting their world view.

The System
As I see it standing right now the system has overtaken the roleplay. if you want to create something or do a job in the world of RP you will have to engage in a weird confusing unintuitive and frustrating system. you have to run around and click on things to then run back to a block and click on it, eventually running out of energy making you stuck and unable to do any of the things that seem to be new gameplay loop of the server.

perhaps you could fix it by adding making emerald tokens a microtransaction that you replenish a certain amount of energy.

At what cost is the goal worth it?

if what you are known for is your roleplaying then why forsake it for a mechanical system that seeks to make realism of an engine not designed for it? so what if the economy is weird and fucked up... perhaps a solution could have been to have made a 'background' system for when creating a new character, limiting the amount of mina you could receive through voting. 

as it stands now I fear that though being realistic the system put in place will be too tiring and drag the RP apart leaving you with what I already feel we have turned into, "a large fancy looking prison server with medieval skins"

2 hours ago, Missa_Demaris said:

Complaint

The Advertisement
Initially I joined this server because one of my friends told me about this amazing ROLEPLAYING SERVER that put aside mechanics like stats, powers, game mechanics and grinding. A game not like sitting around playing WoW but rather attending a virtual Live Action RolePlaying game.

when I look at this forum I  see banner saying "welcome to lord of the carft, the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying server." but now, after the new map what I see when I log on is no longer the roleplay server I joined last year, it is now a crafting MMO with a roleplaying skeleton hanging in the back.

The same can be said about the time the staff decided to rob players of their freedom of speech by banning and changing the words used in both RP and OOC to ones they found fitting their world view.

The System
As I see it standing right now the system has overtaken the roleplay. if you want to create something or do a job in the world of RP you will have to engage in a weird confusing unintuitive and frustrating system. you have to run around and click on things to then run back to a block and click on it, eventually running out of energy making you stuck and unable to do any of the things that seem to be new gameplay loop of the server.

perhaps you could fix it by adding making emerald tokens a microtransaction that you replenish a certain amount of energy.

At what cost is the goal worth it?

if what you are known for is your roleplaying then why forsake it for a mechanical system that seeks to make realism of an engine not designed for it? so what if the economy is weird and fucked up... perhaps a solution could have been to have made a 'background' system for when creating a new character, limiting the amount of mina you could receive through voting. 

as it stands now I fear that though being realistic the system put in place will be too tiring and drag the RP apart leaving you with what I already feel we have turned into, "a large fancy looking prison server with medieval skins"

if you do not want to engage with the crafting system and simply want to roleplay may I suggest browsing some fine helena heavy industries merchandise

why craft what you can simply buy

---

That being said, this guy makes some pretty good points. Vortex, whether you like to admit it or not, is going to make role-play harder, while doing very little on its own to create an "economy." People do not come here to play an MMO; Wynncraft and DungeonRealms already fill this niche. We should prioritize serving our audience over chasing abstractions. 

p.p.s.: here are my super simple steps to create an economy:

1. make iron scarce

thanks for reading

Hello there folks, I'm on the Vortex Alpha test team along with some other folks. I think nickrocky put me on the team 'cause I was 2nd best Chef in Axios and whatnot. Regardless, here's my thoughts on the matter:

Problems:

-Vortex tools can't gather blocks the vanilla way. It seems rather annoying that I have to combine two vortex tools together to make a vanilla tool just to get blocks. This is compounded by the lack of Oak log nodes on the temp map, which forces everybody to chop down trees in order to get oak logs since the Applewood can't be placed down.

-Some folks are complaining about there being too many crafting tables needed to make stuff. This is probably a somewhat valid concern. Perhaps in the future, if there is time, some crafting tables that don't really need to be separate can get merged. I personally think that the grindstone and loom could get merged together within Tailoring profession if need be (so there's only one tailor crafting table), although that'd require a change in the layout of the crafting interface which would take some coding.

-Obviously there's the issue of us being unable to get past copper in the temp map, but that's not gonna be a problem in 8.0 so it's more of a temp map issue than a Vortex issue.

Good Stuff:

-I like how the energy system works. It reminds me of Nexus with the energy system, but you have to use an item of a certain tier to do crafts instead of needing a specific level. This means all you need to get involved in the grinding scene is some good equipment, which hopefully makes it so there aren't big ol' grinding cliques like in Nexus (although I guess we'll just have to wait and see).

-Nodes sound very nice when you harvest them. Folks have described it as "musical".

-Makes RPers mad and since I'm now a build sweat instead of an RPer I can laugh at them ecks dee funny joke peter griffin wholesome 100. (this is a joke please don't cancel me)

I really don't like that you cant use Vortex tools to gather vanilla items. I also really don't like that you can't use Vortex coal to smelt vanilla stuff, like sand into glass. IMHO there should be waaaay more back and forth between Vortex and Vanilla. Having one entirely separate from the other just makes things extremely tedious and confusing, plus we'll end up with waaaay too many items and tools.

My complaint is that I like playing Minecraft, not this.

(Reserved for more)

I'm actually disappointed in my dear cousin @Telanir for allowing this monster of a plugin through. It takes all the good features of nexus and throws them at the window, just being absolute trash.

I have played on the server for 10 minutes, the Dev's refuses to take any questions about how you're supposed to gather resources without any spawned in tools. Honestly, I'm saddened with the state of this server. 

@DahStalker you made me find my login to post this.

You know what, I'm known for being a rage baby and my ability to grind so I think my opinion here is valid. If I can't figure out how the plugin works for the most basic of items without a 13 step guide on the forums then I don't think the plugin/system is very good. I get what the goal was here, but you can tell it was made by someone who was told what Nexus was but never experienced it. No offense to nickrocky, of course, it isn't his fault.

I don't even think the issue is that it is like a wal-mart brand Nexus, but rather that it is so confusing without a guide holding your hand, especially for the very beginning. It also...if there's any benefit to crafting weapons/armor etc...the RPers are going to be seriously hurt and handicapped in fights worse than they were with vanilla pvp. It doesn't equalize the skill gap, it merely broadens it. 

Edit: Also, like, pretty much every point Flemish made I agree with. If you want to make a grinding/pvp gear system you need to get the feedback from all of the people who actually grind/pvp and put it into heavy consideration, especially if you want a labor intensive system. 

Edited by rukio

So like. If you're going to make, let's say, hypothetically, a large plugin that changes the server dramatically. Maybe involve the playerbase on a large scale. You did that for Surge pvp. It's fun. But is it fair? PvP groups will benefit, and rpers will get stamped to the ground after taking 100 easy and very intuitive steps including progressing from the stone age to the bronze age and finally to the iron age where they get their iron longsword so they can roleplay their elven wanderer having a non **** sword. 

Maybe you should have warned us of what was to come. Ask us about certain features. The playerbase can work with staff. I can help. It can even make things easier. This is just painful, and looking at this makes nexus seem so much more attractive.

major complaints about nexus:

too grindy

too opaque for new players

too much hassle to do the most basic of tasks

too many crafting tables to run between

major complaints about vortex:

see above

do you people never learn from your mistakes

I think that's what most interesting to me having played with vortex, is either that some players are so contradictory in their complaints, or that they make an assumption that is wrong that sours their opinion of the later stages of Vortex.

My advice: quit whining and get good, it not gonna change.