bro for my ask me .. complaints for server

DahStalker

for real though, I don't see this system working out with the way the economy is currently planned.

You log on the server looking to do some roleplay, but you need a sword. If you don't know the crafting recipe for the sword, or don't have the time, your natural conclusion might be, "Oh, okay. I'll just buy the sword instead." Except you have no income. Voting minas have been removed. Even if you have money, since minas now mysteriously vanish out of shopkeepers' bank accounts every week, anyone selling swords for mina is selling them at a price you cannot possibly afford. Your currency disappears over time and it's worth a constantly fluctuating amount. You, like everyone else on the server now, are forced to grind a minecraft recapitulation of Rust instead of roleplaying, virtually the opposite of what you logged in to do. 

I respect the obvious amount of creativity and thought put into this system. On its face it looks like it makes sense. But people need to have purchasing power for an economy to work; we have taken away everyone's income in the name of fighting "inflation" (which never really existed; the currency was deflated, diamonds literally costed 20 mina). We've made it far more difficult for anyone to engage with the server casually, and we've disincentivized roleplay. There is no trade in this system. There is no economy. The only way to reliably get anything you need is through resource nodes and Vortex crafting. 

The solution is simple: You can either rework the system or bring back voting minas. If you want a hyper-realistic complicated crafting system but you don't want to hurt player retention, you give people a way to sidestep the requirement for grinding in exchange for money. This creates an economy where people who grind Vortex serve those who can't/won't/don't have time to.

4 minutes ago, Sykogenic said:

https://imgflip.com/i/4nowmt

(idk why it won’t ******* embed, blame my shitty phone. It’s a funny meme I promise.)

Gru's Plan Meme |  Market 8.0 as a new era of lotc; Spend hundreds of hours working on fancy new plugins; Make them all super confusing and release them with no guides, call players whiners, and watch hype die instantly. Make them all super confusing and release them with no guides, call players whiners, and watch hype die instantly. | image tagged in memes,gru's plan | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

I gotchu, homie.

3 minutes ago, Professorus said:

I think that's what most interesting to me having played with vortex, is either that some players are so contradictory in their complaints, or that they make an assumption that is wrong that sours their opinion of the later stages of Vortex.

My advice: quit whining and get good, it not gonna change.

What's contradictory? Are you sure that you are not talking about two different groups complaining about different problems? What are the later stages of Vortex? What assumptions are being made? What does 'getting good' mean?

Isn't 'getting good' the problem that people are talking about, with this producing a wide range of differing skillcaps for players based on their own ability to commit time & energy to Minecraft?

Sorry! Just feels like you completely missed the points that everyone was saying, and just scrolled down to bang out a lil' snarker +1 'gitgud' post, truly something this server could use more of! If that's not the case, please reply to this comment with a more expansive opinion that can actually be interacted with. 

2 minutes ago, altiar1011 said:

Gru's Plan Meme |  Market 8.0 as a new era of lotc; Spend hundreds of hours working on fancy new plugins; Make them all super confusing and release them with no guides, call players whiners, and watch hype die instantly. Make them all super confusing and release them with no guides, call players whiners, and watch hype die instantly. | image tagged in memes,gru's plan | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

I gotchu, homie.

now you’re just gonna steal my rep but ty ty bless up

Just now, Sykogenic said:

now you’re just gonna steal my rep but ty ty bless up

Fairly sure you mean our rep, Comrade.

9 minutes ago, howard said:

Even if you have money, since minas now mysteriously vanish out of shopkeepers' bank accounts every week

wait what

what did i miss

agree 100% with flemish but I don't see the staff changing this at all and if they do then it will mysteriously delay 8.0 for a number of weeks for 'technical issues' which we all know would be non-existent and simply serve as a punishment for not liking something they added to the server without any input from the community.

Hojo is (was?) writing a guide.

Nick said to not put Vortex on transition map because it wasn't quite ready. He was over-ruled. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Muddy_Buddy said:

Hojo is (was?) writing a guide.

Nick said to not put Vortex on transition map because it wasn't quite ready. He was over-ruled. 🤷‍♂️

what happens when we arent on a temp map anymore?

So this is what happens when someone incompetent looks at LF, sees that they have a resource system that starts with copper, a nice and streamlined crafting system, and goes "I can do that!" without putting any thought into why it worked for LF, and utterly ******* massacering the UI.

I'm not blaming the devs here, coding is really ******* hard, minecraft is a hard game to work with, they probably just did the best with what Telanir **** out in their discord.

- Actual response pending once I've tried the system out 

Edit : I've been told I sound rude to the devs. I don't blame any of the devs for this, nicky or anyone else. I blame Telanir fully for trying to implement a system that doesn't mesh with lotc, that has already been implemeneted once but better and was hated as much then as it will be now.

Edited by Chryasor

10 minutes ago, L0rdLawyer said:

what happens when we arent on a temp map anymore?

The temp map was not designed to have Vortex on it (specifically speaking about nodes here). 8.0 was designed with nodes in mind.

In addition, the extra three days would have given more time for the guide to be finished, and bugs to be fleshed out.

As far as not liking it, that's up to an individual's opinion. I agree that it is difficult to start out, however, once you understand the basics it will carry you through the rest of the system.

10 minutes ago, Professorus said:

The system is too confusing!!!1!!

Alright, did you notice that the thing you want to craft has the materials it needs to be crafted right under its name? just go grab the **** you need and craft the thing you want, it only takes a percentage of a brain cell to figure that out.

"you're meant to magically know what all the UI **** means despite it just being a bunch of glass panes and big Xs, and you're meant to magically know to hit each of our 20 different kinds of crafting table with multiple different tools depending on what stage of the process you're at, and you better know how to craft each and every tool"

yeah no **** there are recipe things there now, so if you run around for 5 mins, collect the free tools, and read z3mos' 13 point guide guide, you have some idea of how to go about the tedium that's about to await you. but it's still far too much hassle even now, and on the real map you won't have free tools handed to you in a nice little spot where all the recipes are up hanging.

good luck keeping new players when the first thing you send them is a 20 point guide explaining how to get stone and then copper, and btw noob you better unlearn all your instincts and knowledge of the game, because despite the fact that the item u right click a crafting table is completely irrelevant everywhere else on minecraft, here you had better use the exactly the right tool for this exact phase of the process--and if you didn't bring a bucket because you didn't realise you'd need one for whatever insane reason they added that requirement for, you're SOL!

1 minute ago, argonian said:

"you're meant to magically know what all the UI **** means despite it just being a bunch of glass panes and big Xs, and you're meant to magically know to hit each of our 20 different kinds of crafting table with multiple different tools depending on what stage of the process you're at, and you better know how to craft each and every tool"

yeah no **** there are recipe things there now, so if you run around for 5 mins, collect the free tools, and read z3mos' 13 point guide guide, you have some idea of how to go about the tedium that's about to await you. but it's still far too much hassle even now, and on the real map you won't have free tools handed to you in a nice little spot where all the recipes are up hanging.

good luck keeping new players when the first thing you send them is a 20 point guide explaining how to get stone and then copper, and btw noob you better unlearn all your instincts and knowledge of the game, because despite the fact that the item u right click a crafting table is completely irrelevant everywhere else on minecraft, here you had better use the exactly the right tool for this exact phase of the process--and if you didn't bring a bucket because you didn't realise you'd need one for whatever insane reason they added that requirement for, you're SOL!

If you don't have the brain cells for the system, then don't do it, I'll go ahead with my big brain and dominate the system with my understanding of basic ui systems, simple as.

1 minute ago, Professorus said:

If you don't have the brain cells for the system, then don't do it, I'll go ahead with my big brain and dominate the system with my understanding of basic ui systems, simple as.

being some autist who loves tedium doesn't make you smart

doesn't change the fact that the UI is terrible, doesn't show you what to do, and lies about what the error/problem is

1 minute ago, argonian said:

being some autist who loves tedium doesn't make you smart

doesn't change the fact that the UI is terrible, doesn't show you what to do, and lies about what the error/problem is

Yikes, I guess understanding a basic system is being autistic and not understanding a basic system is considered smart, you got me there guy.