Vortex Debates :Clap:

PrinceJose270

This is just a random thread to talk about Why vortex could be inherently good, why people think it's bad and want it removed. or the in between that what is good/bad part of this trial.

For me i'm just going to point out 3 good and three bad, feel free what else you lot want. It's mainly peoples opinions on Pros v Cons

Why is it good?

• It allows players to have a smaller add-on to immersion of making items
  • Allows for people to "Rply" use resistances on there armor properly  
  • Allows a new form of PVP  

Why is it Bad?

• It has quite a long grind, which that time could be used in RP. (In regards to energy and venturing.)
  • If assumed, crafting recipes that require IRP knowledge (Boomsteel, Alchemy, Herbology)  are thrown out the window in terms of RP experience.
  • It rather feels unneeded (by heresay about.)  and crafting is based around the "Item" then player experience. (So Rp crafters must grind to a point they can safely make the items they desire.)

This is s simple debate form and wonder what people think of the trial of Vortex, how it compares to nexus or even how people can improve or call out.

Hope you have fun 😀

Long grind? It’s literally hard capped.

1 minute ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Long grind? It’s literally hard capped.

I think they meant you can just vibe around mining for a long af time waiting for energy to rise. But that's the only long grind I can see

Just now, Liv said:

I think they meant you can just vibe around mining for a long af time waiting for energy to rise. But that's the only long grind I can see

That is what i ment, yes. Since 1 thing I had noticed is if you cant craft the item in question due to energy before restarts. the item and it's material get destroyed with no means to recover.

12 minutes ago, PrinceJose270 said:

It has quite a long grind, which that time could be used in RP.

It doesnt. You have 100 energy. Once you have your materials, you can burn through 100 energy in the space of 10 minutes. It costs like 10 energy to make a sword, you can make ten swords. All your energy gone in the space of a few minutes, now you can go RP. You can also RP during your crafting. You can pay someone for their goods, and skip that part of the grind too. Playing a blacksmith? Pay a lumberjack to provide you wooden handles. Pay a miner to give you ores. Turn them into tools, sell them, go to RP. You can implement RP into your vortex experience with minimal effort.

16 minutes ago, PrinceJose270 said:

If assumed, crafting recipes that require IRP knowledge (Boomsteel, Alchemy, Herbology)  are thrown out the window in terms of RP experience.

All of these things have nothing to do with vortex. Vortex is only for armour, tools and salves (by the ST).

I spent ten minutes getting the wood to build a single wall of my house bro it hurts 

Wack dude, i just like the swords

3 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

I spent ten minutes getting the wood to build a single wall of my house bro it hurts 

Sounds like a minecraft problem, not a vortex problem.

9 minutes ago, Sham404 said:

Sounds like a minecraft problem, not a vortex problem.

Big difference in being able to chop wood for ten minutes and having to stare at an ugly UI while clicking through crafting options. Who cares about 'applewood'? I don't. Vortex was supposed to allow us to access unique crafting options, not replace the entre base substrate of minecraft. You can say it's a minecraft problem, but honestly Sham this is like the 10th time I've seen you write "Sounds like an X problem, not a Y problem,".  Vortex problems are Minecraft problems and vice versa now that Vortex is our 'crafting plugin'. Also if it was a Minecraft problem, why are we all playing Minecraft? What's changed is not the base game, it's the injection of new plugins that are changing how we have to spend our time.

When I was talking to Nickrocky what excited me the most about Vortex was that it was easy from the Developer side to change. It had an API to allow for on the go rewrites of its items & their crafting materials. This means that we can modulate how much restriction we want, and how many Copper Needles people need to grind out before we're able to actually make useful gear.

You seem to think that people don't want the end goal of Vortex, Surge, & Nodes: economy, crafting intrigue, and interesting PvP. But that's wrong, we do want those things, we just don't want to have to jump through bad hoops gathering meaningless materials that don't even have a lore basis. What is Applewood? Is that in lore somewhere? No. No, it's just a fake crafting ingredient made up to add another stepping stone to good creation. Same goes for Copper and Tin Runescape mechanics. 

I like the actual use of some of the materials, and I think the node plugin is good, but for fucks sake the UI on these crafting benches is hard to read through, and right now all the materials are literally right next to each other. You know what's nice about minecraft? You can literally just dig down because the whole world is made of materials that can be used. Doesn't feel like these materials are going to be spaced out well, and I can already feel my blood boiling in the future as I Vortex Gather Some Vortex Nodes only to be Surge PvP'd as they get Vortex Camped into Vortex Oblivion. 

And the most annoying thing is (not about Vortex) but about people who seem to take every single complaint and want to spin it away as if it's something we should just ignore. Why? Why should we ignore the obvious and painstaking annoyances in the plugin just because you don't seem to be bothered by them? Especially when people are saying that this is going to be bad for new player retention who might not want to MMO their way to the top. So many people just think Vortex is going to be magically good just because it's not a dumpster fire to their eyes, and they are quick to insult and bash those who are disappointed with how things are unfolding. 

33 minutes ago, Sorcerio said:

stop it bro you're whining !!!

1 hour ago, PrinceJose270 said:

That is what i ment, yes. Since 1 thing I had noticed is if you cant craft the item in question due to energy before restarts. the item and it's material get destroyed with no means to recover.

I don't think that is intentional, hopefully you submitted a bug report.

Designed specifically for you to go get your mats, craft your gear, and go back to your slice of life rp/whatever rp you enjoy.

45 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

Designed specifically for you to go get your mats, craft your gear, and go back to your slice of life rp/whatever rp you enjoy.

This is exactly what staff promoted with the nexus plugin. Players were expected to begin the craft timers and go role-play while waiting for their crafts to attain completion. Obviously, this was not the end result of nexus, and vortex will likely be no different. This said, I do believe that vortex can give something incredible.