Challenge

Treshure

♪♫♬♫♪

v5B0cGi.png

6O9h60x.png

A letter of challenge is publicly posted throughout Haelun'or. 

To Daerine Elibar'acal,

I hear the whispers of your treachery. I am told that you are bound by marriage to a worshipper of Xan; that you praise this deity’s tenants and mix with the mindless swine who bow to gods. I would readily condemn any thilln who lose their sanity to such things. And yet, the own Matriarch of the Elibar’acal Talonnii? 

I know you have read my words, mali’ata, so heed them once more! The past defines your family, and you cannot hope to escape it. I challenge your status as Matriarch, I challenge your worthiness of my ancestors’ blood. I challenge your purity.

Meet me in debate, and let your words do what your actions have so clearly failed to demonstrate. May all mali’thilln witness and deem a champion of this contest.

I await your response,

Irulan Elibar’acal

v5B0cGi.png

6G72yVyy_zmMrEMnB47oJ5wn3wRvGWLJjONylAN-8p-L6bkhf5XwvA3vDcZknpwXO2JZBTKga3YMb_hAJvqCHt7FInlvocdBzk7-olLYvUwq2yjeqzhCUGakTgm5gwbLSvjlIU2f

[!] A reply was quickly sent, in the handwriting of Laurir Daerine Elibar'acal.

To Mister Irulan Elibar'acal,

I appreciate your concern for the wellbeing of the family, but I have never met you nor do I understand why you would wish to challenge my status while we are sailing away from our previous homeland. Nonetheless, I completely accept your invitation to a debate. With this, I would also like to say that I do not worship the Aengul Xan, nor does my husband. Yes, he is bound by to Xan, but we are separate beings. I do not agree with every choice he has made in his life, but I have known him long before he became a paladin. I wish for that to be made clear before a debate is struck.

Give me a time and a date, cousin, and we may discuss this.

All the best,

E1jMbnVLfJV7KYHPLAf9p0IzzW5R1EhQMYDBpNRhSct_keZ-rwvQNqmHy-NyaW8kJsSKjeQItSmPyK7EnhRNWl-5bYmTUMAWRzCGSECtFZ5Is_0Wa4Dmwkx5oUYtNigJWIfr7qv-

Keledan read the challenge from his vessel's helm, finding its contents intriguing.

"Let us be rid of what vestiges of the Light dare remain. Break your family's shackles, challenger."