Mina and YOU!

Hiebe

8 minutes ago, ComicD said:

Was it really? I never had any issues with it nor heard about it.

That's because it did not directly affect mundane roleplay, but it definitely disintegrated the prospect of running a respectable trade (at least for me) because money amounted to nothing and everyone was so self-sufficient that the existence of **** like smithies was deemed negligible. It was just dogshit.

3 minutes ago, Shmeepicus said:

26 million mina sitting in peoples banks not being used..

Lmao, that reminds me of someone who fucked up so bad, he ended up with negative thousands of minas.

2 minutes ago, Callistus said:

because money amounted to nothing and everyone was so self-sufficient that the existence of **** like smithies was negligible. It was just dogshit.

Yeah, i can see that with an imbecile creating bronze ore when bronze is an alloy... Even in fantasy, is just... cringe... But yeah, that side of the matter sounds fair and makes sense, yet there still will be issues to at least some degree for the ones who dont focus on money gaining/trading, or economy in general.

2 minutes ago, ComicD said:

Lmao, that reminds me of someone who fucked up so bad, he ended up with negative thousands of minas.

Yeah, i can see that with an imbecile creating bronze ore when bronze is an alloy... Even in fantasy, is just... cringe... But yeah, that side of the matter sounds fair and makes sense, yet there still will be issues to at least some degree for the ones who dont focus on money gaining/trading, or economy in general.

There is no bronze ore. Bronze requires copper and tin ore together

5 minutes ago, Sham404 said:

Yeah that's what he said

2 minutes ago, Callistus said:

Yeah that's what he said

I mean in vortex. Bronze ingots are made by mixing copper and tin ore, you dont mine bronze ore

Not too fond of this "closed" economy. Personally, I do advocate for hard currencies (literal currency items) that can be designed by nations and printed by "national" banks as they see fit to run their economy, remove the mina altogether and flip maintenance into resource upkeep, lumber and stone, maybe some ores here and there, so upkeep remains universal for everyone regardless of their national currency. This means any type of inflation in currency is made by the nations, not by universal easy access of voting minas, requires actual storage facilities (banks and vaults) for the hard currency, is easier for smaller groups of players (as they have to gather resources properly instead of stockpiling Minas that have negative interest), and so on and so on.

Give the players more "control" of the economy.

1 minute ago, Sham404 said:

I mean in vortex. Bronze ingots are made by mixing copper and tin ore, you dont mine bronze ore

He is deriding people that think bronze is an ore. Unless I misconstrued that.

12 minutes ago, Sham404 said:

I know, ive worked with bronze before irl and know my alloys, tell that to Quavinir selling that **** in AH lmao.

Just now, Callistus said:

He is deriding people that think bronze is an ore. Unless I misconstrued that.

You got it right.

Ima be honest chief this isnt it for me. I work three jobs, I use to be a full time college student with a full time job and still played with this community. These built in barriers I'm afraid are going to make people like me be FORCED to leave our community. I cannot keep up with taxes for the community I'm in and balance a (from what we've see so far) a relatively complex crafting system as a week end warrior. I joined lotc all those years ago because even under nexus a guy who put maybe 5 hours in a week could have a full set of tools and gear with enough money to comfortably rp. Obviously there was a massive gap between that player and our more full time crew but 9 days out of 10 that didnt matter man. Also cause I'm on mobile and dont have a clue how to ping anyone who works on the economy team let's not say the mina got mega inflated. I've /never/ seen the price of iron change on any map since I joined. It has always been 2-5 mina. Every drink has always been like 3-15 depending on if it looked special. You dont need a mina sink because honestly those horders you're trying to combat act as massive sinks as they rarely spent their mina on anything. If the problem is with costs like wars or tile expansion then christ above let's just have a separate "currency" for groups that need to interact with that (like idk.. active man power numbers or ratios). All in all not a fan as a now forced casual gamer that's going to struggle because of systems meant to punish min/max players.

P.s also because I forgot let's not say smithing wasnt worth it. Auric saint made bank as a bronze smith. I made bank as a man who let sold redstone pvp defenses. Theres loads of examples of other businesses existing fine. Hell I know druids who made random wooden instruments making some good money for what was actually given out and taken away. If your trade wasnt working last map it's because either you weren't working in its receptive market or you were up late at night and said " this would be cool" instead of "will anyone want to actually interact with me"

Edited by Gizzol
Forgot my p.s message <3

As I've stated multiple times, there's a reason why a game company will hire and consult with actual economists in order to manage their game economy properly.

Your ideas are great on paper but there's no way to pull it off without having more than half the server pissed against you because you made a decision. Nobody has time like some of you to dedicate 15-20 hours of their time in order to pay their taxes nor to grind the resources they want while having a family and a job.

People mostly want an escape from reality, they don't want to come here and have to grind in order to pay taxes, it always has been a problem and receiving minas from voting was fine, but this, nah won't do it gents.

Knowing the ego of some of the members in the economy team, it could be months before there's a significant change, but that's just LOTC.

Edited by Charles The Bald

Its really starting to bother me that most of the playerbase here a few months ago **** talked how easy to get minas were and how absolutely worthless they were, but now actual changes to the economy on lotc have been made for the better and for some reason you all still just complain. Most of the problems I'm seeing here can literally be solved within roleplay (aka the smaller settlements who think the world team is out to get them now).

As for the skinners that are here complaining, most of you already ask for irl money for your work, and for those of you that don't a single mina in Arcas is not the same value going forwards. You're still gonna have to gauge prices based off the economy. Last map 600 mina was reasonable for a skin, but going forwards probably isn't going to be acceptable, so you'll lower the price. BUT THATS OK because the value of mina has gone up. You're losing nothing unless you don't pay attention to the mina economy, and for those who are going to make the obvious argument of "well I shouldn't have to focus on the mean economy for prices" you did before these changes, and eventually after it rolls out you'll be able to gauge prices.

Some of you commenting clearly didn't pass your economy classes, and it really shows...

1 hour ago, Charles The Bald said:

As I've stated multiple times, there's a reason why a game company will hire and consult with actual economists in order to manage their game economy properly.

Your ideas are great on paper but there's no way to pull it off without having more than half the server pissed against you because you made a decision. Nobody has time like some of you to dedicate 15-20 hours of their time in order to pay their taxes nor to grind the resources they want while having a family and a job.

People mostly want an escape from reality, they don't want to come here and have to grind in order to pay taxes, it always has been a problem and receiving minas from voting was fine, but this, nah won't do it gents.

Knowing the ego of some of the members in the economy team, it could be months before there's a significant change, but that's just LOTC.

"Economy team plans to meet weekly and go over the data of what's happening in regards to mina, vortex, and the health of the economy. If we see changes are needed we will add more mina into circulation, buff or de-buff vortex nodes, and work with the techs on quality of life improvements. Please keep in mind we are working towards a system of mina exchanging of hands and circulating rather than sitting banks not being used. "

To translate this ultra long paragraph: Stuff will be adjusted. No crazy grinding to supply your nation will be needed.

Coming here to post the same quote over and over won't improve the current system, you should rather observe and read the feedback you get and make changes right away or this whole economy thing will go down the drain.

Enjoy,

Charles "The Bald".

All this stuff about investing and watching the economy, I hate to remind you that most people come here to take a break from irl or just to have fun, nobody wants to have to keep a constant eye on the economy nor do most even want to understand how economies work. Do we all now need to get economic degrees to successfully play this server now?

I'm a very on and off player, I usually play for a few months, leave for a few months, and then repeat. I enjoyed the economy last map because I was able to keep my money in my bank, untouched. I never had trouble getting back into the server after months away because my money was always there. I never had to struggle to afford food or a home, which allowed me to spend a majority of my time roleplaying, which is what I joined this server to do. During all of this, I'm a college student. I don't have the time to stress about taxes or my money in a virtual game. If I wanted to play an MMORPG, I'd go play one. But I came on LOTC to roleplay, and this new economy would force casual players to put more time into grinding than roleplaying. With vortex and this new economy system, I feel like ease of roleplay is being put on the backburner for things that only the intense players really want.

Edit: I forgot to add, that I'd be fine with this economy system if the 500 Mina cap was increased. Even with the value of mina's now, anything less than 1500 mina's doesnt seem like hoarding to me.