Fist weapons are awesome

Gryptor

Greeting my name is Gryptor and i am new to this server.

i am writing this because i just felt like it.

Before coming to this server i played Pathfinder second edition (well i am still technically playing).

in Pathfinder there exist the class called the Monk. the expert to hand to hand combat.

i fell in love with the class and the idea of instead of crushing your enemies with weapons. You would punch them to death instead.

So when i came to LotC. I thought i would bring some of that mentality with me.

Sadly LotC world isn't that kind Fist combat. It's only pretty much used in tavern brawls and when you are attacked when you don't have a your weapon close by.

So if you would want to use your fists in a combat situation willingly. It most likely will lead to your death.

So my biggest wish would be able to bring Fist to War and be viable and this technically could be possible. 

Because weapons like knuckle dusters exists.

Okay i am gonna take lot of inspiration from Final fantasy 14 monk weapon design to my points of Fist weapons.

Knuckle dusters, Gauntlets and  Cestus weapons

knuckle dusters are simple to understand its something you put between your finger. It can have spikes and metal nails attached to it.

They can be made of bone, wood and metal. Materials that all exist in LotC. Knuckle dusters aren't sadly weapon you would bring to war. 

They give your fists little bit of oomph on other combat situations.

546995254_Knuckledusterspic.jpg.aff3d147f604c1e3ae6c32667a55cc60.jpg

Wooden knuckle duster

Gauntlets that are designed to to hurt people do exist. These are mostly made of metal and given little metal bumps or spikes in the knuckle area of the hand.

Where gauntlets shine is the fact to can grab objects while using them and the protection they give to users hands. I could see someone using weaponized gauntlets  in combat.

1464445993_FistsoftheSephirotpic.PNG.9cbc3a33f1dc226f93e9ac39f315f2b4.PNG

Fists of Sepiroth

Cestus weapons can be a leather or cloth gloves. That have been a fitted with spikes glass shards or just with pointy rocks.

there is also the other version of cestus instead of a gloves. They are more of ring of bone wood and metal that can be made to to have  arm guard and spikes like in the Baldur claws picture.

or it can be just a ring like in Bone Hora picture There exists even cestuses with blades, but those fall more in to the sword type in my opinion.

Cestus weapons are very versatile in their design so you can get creative with them. 

1082787366_BoneHorapic.PNG.04097fc1e2283ffa849f2b34f5bb8176.PNG     1105405536_Baldurclawspic.PNG.bc379c4a78940c8e5c59b363ea6e6a89.PNG      2047505321_Cestuspic.png.8cd26db8c6b80b54a05a5a4f43663bd3.png

Bone Hora                                                                                                         

Baldur claws                                  Fingerless Cestus glove

But if not punching your opponents doesn't work for you can always make your gloves, gauntlets and Cestus to resemble animal claws.

This allows the fist fighter cause more slashing damage. Instead of blunt head trauma and broken bones, but i think blunt damage works better against armor than tiny claws on gauntlets can.

So it limits claws viability a lot. The fighter would have aim at the points without armor to make it work.

780711981_Kaiserknucklespic.PNG.3acd74daeae9f65f122784c3d9960d39.PNG

Kaiser Knuckles

that brings me to the problem with fist weapons. you need to be trained at hand to hand combat to be even viable in fist versus a real weapon situation.

So it would be rare that someone actually would use fist weapons.

Sadly most of the points i am making about fist weapons and the skill necessary to use them will probably never make it to LotC.

because Minecraft never had any fist weapon in the first place and the team behind Lotc are probably satisfied with the games combat already. (and they will never read this post most likely.)

Well i guess i can always dream and there exist rp combat. So i will get my fix there.

So i bid all of you goodbye.

all the Final Fantasy 14 weapon pics can be found through this link:  https://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Monk_Weapon

and i found the rest in Google picture search.

Edited by Gryptor

Knuckleduster RP items would be good for crp, i dont think we need them as pvp items

25 minutes ago, Sham404 said:

Knuckleduster RP items would be good for crp, i dont think we need them as pvp items

I dont think you should be criticising him based on what you think will happen. Your criticism is theoretical, its not based in any level of experience with the proposition.

3 minutes ago, Algoda said:

I dont think you should be criticising him based on what you think will happen. Your criticism is theoretical, its not based in any level of experience with the proposition.

You are right. This is a theoretical proposal of adding something to the game, and im saying its a good idea to add it as a crp item, i dont think its necessary as a pvp item.

Its almost like what youre saying is totally unrelated to what i said or the post.

My post is more of a love letter to hand to hand combat than anything really.

i would be happy even if i would get a invisible sword called fist in the crafting options.

Edited by Gryptor

another epic pathfinder player o/

I've DMd on and off for a few groups over the last few years playing base-edition with homebrew campaigns. Legitimately a blast, Pathfinder and D&D are different games for different people but I find myself being the forever-DM for every pathfinder group I'm apart of. I was even going to start an LOTC group for a couple of pals once I finish this fifty-part modular mega-campaign I'm writing. 

I think you'd have interest in magics such as Kani or Chi - but aswell, you could totally get by doing this RP as basis. 

Fist weapons are mainly inhibited by the obvious- range. For a good amount of time I rp'd a centurion-like persona who used a gladius and a modified gauntlet. It can be incredibly exciting to parry then fuckin' sock someone with a heavy gauntlet they'd never expect. Perhaps you'd have better luck with so - but the server does follow its more realistic combative scenarios, save for one having a CA or MA that specializes in that specific scenario. 

Welcome to the server!

First of all, welcome! I hope you are enjoying yourself so far. This is a bit of an odd time to join LotC as we're going through a map transition but I hope you'll stick around for a bit and give it a shot. As SquakHawk said, you may be interested in a technique called Kani. It's really good for those who prefer to use hand to hand combat, and it will give you enough of an edge that you can compete with and even defeat people who would otherwise out armor and out gear you. You can even walk on water with it!

Here is a link to the lore, and here is a link to the guide. I suggest giving it a read!

3 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

Fist weapons are mainly inhibited by the obvious- range. For a good amount of time I rp'd a centurion-like persona who used a gladius and a modified gauntlet. It can be incredibly exciting to parry then fuckin' sock someone with a heavy gauntlet they'd never expect. 

Incredibles!

Welcome to the server, man. I approve of this message that fisticuffs are the superior way of defeating an enemy, and don't lose hope lmao. You could totally wreck someone