A Home for the Mali’ker in the North

AstriaS

[!] A letter is delivered across the new world, finding its way onto notice boards and into the hands of various Mali’ker.

6rsbl-4SQw42kRyHzKGuqgpmBLaZRYPOX5_m0btbF-TJ6rf3m5-4mcwm07FKY5lDbAIUFIjVMfpD9IXMph9Gg_OXZma_O39vcayc4DgPmennnj0qZPx7dqIq98eLQl7vb8BEzr7Z

A Home for the Mali’ker in the North

An Invitation from House Indoren

♪♪♪

To the scattered Mali’ker,

The history of our people is a troubled one; adversity, fallen cities, and scattered communities. Perhaps we are doomed to an eternal cycle of brief unification followed by diaspora. Even Renelia, my home for quite some time, ended up an abandoned project, despite what appeared to be a bright future. However, in the time I’ve spent experiencing different communities, I choose to believe that our future is what we make of it. It can be a future of prosperity and unity, should we choose to make it so. And it would seem, to my eye, that there are those among us pursuing such a future, such as those of us who have chosen to establish the Evarsae’ker in Elvenesse. It brings me joy that there are others with such dedication to the future of our people, and I wish them the greatest of fortune and a future of prosperity.  

However, one community cannot and shall not be left to shoulder the burden of an entire people alone. It is for this reason that I, Velsyni Indoren, extend this invitation to our wayward, scattered kin: Join me in creating a place for ourselves and our kin in the North. The Norlanders of Varhelm are a welcoming and honorable people, and their King has graciously allowed me to extend this invitation. There are fine homes available in this new city which want for residents. Though the weather here is harsh, there is space for us to begin building a community for ourselves, and create a foundation from which to build towards something greater. Furthermore, to ease the burden of resettling, those Mali’ker who choose to join in my endeavor shall have all residency taxes paid for in full by the Indoren Trading Company for a period of three years while they establish themselves in this new land. Come and let us together create a future for our people; a future of prosperity and hope.

May the Ancestors guide us all.

Signed,

Velsyni Indoren, Matriarch of House Indoren, Proprietress of the Indoren Trading Company

0BdgvbSpfKPe9Fk7JDz1yEtIgHfjk4D0YWrlY-UR72hb_ihXFZRManZWOjgvJOdEIesY286s3aDUG72NvIQhjF84p7zysLVH8X1i68L9uwcmw5dcRikEajNOTvOxiLZ3vdOujN2o

Spoiler

OOC:

If this interests you at all, please let me know! I can be reached on discord (AstriaS#4670) or ingame/irp, if you have any questions or are interested in getting involved!

One of the letters sent out by Velsyni would reach the hands of Sevrel. He sat in his home with a glass of wine, and read the parchment by the fire as his children played. "Norland eh?" He said to himself as he read "They have always been kind and true of heart, not a bad choice... If you had to settle for a Valah cityHe muttered sarcastically. A soft smile crested upon his visage and he placed the letter on his table, and took a sip of wine "At least I am not the only one who wants to do right by our kin" He commented with a nod, before finishing his wine.

Later that night, he told his family he would be away for a couple days. He packed his bag, and set off for the north to pay a visit to his old friends in Norland, and to meet this Velsyni, with ideas of hope for the future in his mind.

Spoiler

It had been no less than a day since the last declaration of a Mali'ker state reached Alyndel. As his nephew showed him the letter the Yl'Asath did not seem to care. Something stood out this time, however. There was something there that he had no expected to see, the blood of IndorenWithin mere moments Alyndel's attention was fully dedicated towards the contents of the missive.

He already had a home, one that we was bound to. That did not mean that there was no room for discourse, however. Alyndel rose from the log he had now grown accustomed to. Around him a town under construction, the lumberjacks of Tor'Celian were working hard to clear the dense canopy. "I'll be seeking them out, surely the descendants of a Forebear could offer us some wisdom."

Ruilia Othan-Ashwood and her mother both looked over the invitation.. The familiar name made the Mother smile some, confidence that those of Clan Indoren will lead the 'Ker to a brighter future. Ruilia never met any of the Indorens, but with her growing fascination with Varhelm, the little Othan-Ashwood figured it would be time for a trip..

(Side note, I hate marb)

Edited by Phersephatta

Spoiler

"Oh but when we jump in bed with humans and elves it's a bloody fashion trend." An annoyed ker comments, glancing over the paper from the newly made wooden hut. This earned the raised brow of a ker with bushy brow and beard. "Don't be a ***** about it, get over yourself, move on." He comments, causing the woman to give him an exasperated look. Her maw opened to speak, only a short sound escaping it before it was closed. Followed shortly after by a growl of annoyance.  "Don't be so hot headed either, you have a habit to take stuff personally, and react poorly." 

"I'm annoyed. They fool themselves. Like I fooled myself. Like I still do. Though I can't pretend it is any different. We've been here before. Not the Jusmia-". The man reaches out to stop the passive pacing the other had not been aware they started. By placing a hand firmly on her shoulder. "They are not Jusmia, their blood lacks any trace of the Wua'vaek. These ker are mess, and you were stupid for bringing the Jusmia to them. Be lucky you did not lose your ears. Sit." The ker can not hide her offended look, as she is forced to sit down in the floor of the hut. "You were careless, they know not their own histories, nor an age before ash. You failed your task in coming here, and more importantly, you failed me Qudlia." The male ker roughly pokes at the kers shoulder, and with a loud smack, the back of his hand is sent across the Kers face. 

The struck clutched their face. "I gave you but one task, you failed. You made issues for a random, group, or, rather groups of pagan ker. Those ker are not your people. The only people you  have are the Jusmia. Their is no other Mali'ker. You call them by their proper names, Ashlanders, the Kuh'le. Do not engage with these groups. You may, send small amounts of resources and visit them. If I catch you, getting involved. Your corpse is being dragged behind my wagon. Good day, Seeker. Remember yourself, your place. You are permitted within the jungles. Pray I do not alter this agreement further. You live only to serve the Jusmia. You will die this way too, as all Jusmia have, as all Jusmia will. These scattered and remnant Carnelian you found will be subject to change. This is not the standard of work we wish to display in the first walk." The ker, rises, and leaves the hut. Looking back and speaking before he closed the door and left. "Agate guides, Gentharuz keeps us on track. You've gone native. Time to wake up, Jusmia." 

The dark elf woman, rubs at her jaw with a sigh. Wiping back some of the tear that welled up in her eyes. The ker rose and took a shaky breathe. Before finding parchment and something to write with. 

Dear Velsyni, should you require hard resources, or slight aid, I am willing to help get the ball rolling with lumber. Should you not need aid, simply, disregard this letter. Trash it, burn it, sell it, smoke it. I don't care. ~Sincerely, Qudlia Jusmia. 

Spoiler

Althimir say with his legs deep in the clear waters of the forest. Before the rest of him slides in. The ker lets himself float on the waters surface. limbs hanging loose, down into the water. It wasn't until the yelling of a ker at the side that the youth looked up, splashing about. 

"Did ya hear? Got a new, nother ker place up north. Some Indoren, Velsyni." 

Althimir, gave the ker a thumbs up and a wide grin. "Good for them! Maybe I'll visit. I think I remember her, not sure. A lot of those Ker in Renelia looked the same." The male dark elf, throws himself back into the water with a splash, floating back to the surface to drift lazily in slow circles. "This, this is what the ancestors intended." He comments, reaching his hand out to the sky, fingers slowly coming close towards a cloud. As if he could simply pull
it from the sky. 

Edited by ThatFunkyBunch

The nightly buzz of the local tavern filled the air with warmth and music, friends and strangers boast of their lives and laugh together. Kira Bulvic carefully pored over the letter, unsure of what to make of it. She had no idea of this place and was not exactly educated on the topic. But, perhaps there is always something that will strike our fate unexpectedly. She told her dear friend, Lothos Darkthorn of this letter since they had been traveling alongside each other for the forgotten months. 

‘’I recognize a title from that letter, Kira.’’ He replied hysterically, his smile growing brighter. ‘’They, The Indoren, might give to us a permanent residence.’’

A disoriented expression struck Bulvic, she looked over the letter closely once more, ‘’Why have I never learned of this name?’’ She adjusted herself in her seat. ‘’Are they politicians of sorts?’’ 

Darkthorn spoke as he finished the last of his cordial meal, glancing up at Kira’s distasteful manner, ‘’Not sure myself, but my father used to speak of such, I think we should meet them.’’ 

Alas, Kira agreed to make the journey, thanks to the persuasion of her dear friend. They would prepare for the trip that very morning, hoping fate had forgiven them.

(ps. I hope I did this right)

Edited by momoarru