An Unfinished and Forgotten Poem

TwistChunky

An Unfinished and Forgotten Poem

by Solenne Bassot

Solenne found herself sitting underneath a large and old  oak tree, the breeze around her seeming to sing a sad and somber song.  She looked out at nothing in particular, thoughts of better days, ones that were full of laughter and hope, something she hadn't felt for a very long time. She thought of her mother, her beautiful, solemn mother. She thought of the poems she wrote, and the pocket watch she used to carry, the one that was no longer of any use. But, she thought back to those poems for a long while, and remembered one in particular that her mother wrote. It had always stuck out to her as a child. but now she struggled to remember the exact words of that  elegant poem, but nonetheless, she decided to try and rewrite one of her mother's works. She pulled forth from her bag a worn, wrapped in leather journal, and a pencil. 

There are things that I must confess,

there are things that I must convey,

for even if you don't feel the same,

there are things that I must say. 

I will love you through the day,

I will love you through time.

For there is no love greater,

than the love that is mine. 

Solenne thought on the rest of the passage for a very long time, and her mind was completely drawn blank as she stared at the words on the page, a single tear rolling down her cheek, the words seeming to resonate with something inside of her. After awhile, she closed the journal. setting it down next to her as she watched the sun closing pass down below the ocean's edge. She closed her eyes, slowly drifting to sleep beneath that big oak tree. 

Somewhere out there, be it far or near, Silas was sitting at a desk,

writing poetry of his own into a large tome.

One which his feelings might come to life without being broadcast to the world.

Every tree has a garden.
Each brush has it's place

This forum is ours

So get out of this place

(For reference, there is a poetry forum under media, and a creative writing one under the same category as well. You are open to continue your interactions there but this part of the forum is dedicated to nations frp. Which you are open to join, but is very different to what is written here. For refence, look through several different threads in the forum(