So Too Does the Sun Sleep

Seregon_Emblem.png.12aa146779a0508c796da651eae42b9d.png

15th of the Snow's Maiden, Year 1 of the Second Age

Kathryns-Medieval-Divider-1024x116.thumb.png.3b1720c2276e5a50627c312e3b3b4dee.png

They say that all good things must come to an end. I suppose that’s true. I’ve served the Silver State for many, many years, since the beginning of the Azorella Reforms. I might say, it’s been…. Quite a long time, and I grow tired. My children return home, and I watch them grow into proper ‘thill in society. I’m tired, terribly so, and I do not believe I can best serve the city like this. The flight from Arcas to this place we call now Almaris has been straining, stressful, and diresome in the least.

I must, unfortunately, resign myself from this title I’ve held for so long. I’ve seen many students prosper, many festivals under way, and my time has been spent wisely, I believe. It is time now for me to beckon someone else to take this work, this legacy I’ve strove to create, and put it to use for something greater. I am but the spinner of the start of this tale, and I welcome for the tailor who will use these threads for something grander.

Like the sun, I lay my head down and allow myself this respite. May there come a moon in the twilight, ready to do better than myself.

Maehr’sae Hiylun’ehya,

It has been a pleasure.

DeleSign.png.522481c6a15e63552573390519248236.png

Aestenia sits and reads the notice from her position behind the bar at tavern. "This isn't right, you've taught me all that I know and now you're leaving?" She sighs as she waits for another customer, wondering what happened to her mentor.

Alyssa Seregon, started to bake a nice cake and many other treats for her mother, doing so for a small celebration between her Haelun and herself of course.

Ellisar reads the notice while sitting at his desk, sipping a tea. He feels mixed emotions, noting the loss of a key government official and a hard worker. On the other hand, someone he considers a friend will get to spend more time with their family and less time working so hard for all the others in the city. Ellisar would wish her only the best and nothing but happiness.

Valorin leans back on his chair, a cup of glacially-cold tea long forgotten. He has been reading a scrap of paper over and over, his eyes flicking from left to right rapidly, as the late watches of the night were broken. As the sun rose over elcihi and into his glazed window, his eyes grew glazier themselves and a profound sigh escaped his lips.

As emotions battled within, he adjusted his cravat, pushed the chair back and left through the door, the paper remaining on his desk discarded.

Lorelei sighs as she scans over the notice, placing it down on the kitchen table. For a moment her bubbling pot on the stove is all but forgotten. The elfess takes a seat, eyes flickering to the patient reports she had stacked neatly in a pile and leans back in her chair. "We will keep your legacy alive." She'd say into the empty room.