Progress is the Republic VII: Okarir'hiylun

- Pastry

f41DlvyTytomBvejE_nq2vMtS_xXlafDeWOQwklA_ObLo6JQSN2IaqhZaJ57LOGgdJKzEpProIqjWKKBh0aYkJBdY8okYj86HO5aVwZe-VfX0B4J5V1mFxkjyPt6NhEpfgSFFU8m

13th of Malin's Welcome, 1797 (1 SE)

QbYa1Mk-eGAgVy88KlByv-K04aEaxiOhNQzplGNzf96p8kACygZ3nt5q8brAiZCPws2SgxGcwTZBjRT6uvyhizWQBKG_oAzPlJ4oD6U5gu4-t3Le3pB9hvAe-h89LOyU5zdB9EWT

To Elmali’thill of elcihi’thilln,

As the shifts of time change and we bid farewell to Laurir Dele Seregon, former guardian of health, maehr’sae is ever-lasting and must continue to be upheld.

As such, time for an election has once more come upon us, and the Haelunorian rites to self-nominate, and to vote, come to fruition across the Silver City.

To be the Okarir’hiylun of the Silver Council, one shall serve as administrator of the state’s citizenry and residences, the executive of the city clinic, the executive of the city inn.

Nominations are to be performed as per protocol. They will be delivered to the blessed Maheral or Maelunir to be entered as an electable candidate. For a nomination to be valid, the candidate will present a short speech, demonstrating how they fulfil the prerequisites to serve, along with declarations of appropriate experience.

((3D portrait from novaskin gets you bonus points))

DxTo2wUQfbmL4ZlWiRFlwjRsIQKm2fLGZ4MCnBFowLCAQQY0YN_MMiE01Q0CsEEQi0kJ9TmfFhhvhg4bfuZvmRUp0iCBf1R15S4cmx5ILr-xLJ86kHerKG9xbHqLXhPLtLfZiqgo

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

image.thumb.png.8e7dc7e0dcabc5d06575eaa71420fe23.png

[!] A piece of parchment smelling faintly of the tavern would find its way to the citizens of Haelun'or

"Karin'ayla all. I am Aestenia Aevaris and I am writing this to announce I will be running for Okarir'hiylun. I currently serve as Tilruir'lin and have focused on making sure the tavern stays stocked, events happen periodically, and with the help of my inn keeper; seeing that the inn is well taken care of. As a Steward, I have helped placed Mali'thill into housing and helped them get accustomed to the city. This does include working with the growing number of orphans that come through the gates seeking to return to their kin. As a medic I have worked to keep the citizens of Haelun'or healthy while furthering my skills within the Curantes Medical Guild."

"As Okarir'hiylun I want to further each aspect of life in Haelun'or: The Tavern, The Housing Situation, and The Clinic. In the Tavern I wish to continue my work in keeping the tavern alive and running with staff. I do hope to bring back Tavern night as well. In the Housing department I want to continue the work of placing Mali'thill in houses and making sure they feel welcome within the city. The same treatment would extend to the influx of orphans and seeing to they are placed with good families to mentor them in our ways. And finally, I want to work more on having the Clinic stocked with physicians of all types as well as training the next generation to help both Haelun'or and the realm."

"I ask you to consider me for Okarir'hiylun because I wish to continue to serve Haelun'or in a broader sense. Maehr'sae Hiylun'eha,

image.png.e18c77977cdddb193789d13fd94e71f4.png

Edited by Maevlin

Prince of Malinor, Elrion Visaj!

image.thumb.png.711ad74c05749a5b0ab313846a525805.png

The middle aged prince approaches the square, and stands up on a bench near the gathered crowed. There, was an unknown goblin holding oversized flashcards for him to read off of while he gave the speech. Long has been the day that Haelun'or awaited the return of it's beloved Prince, and today was his day to shine once and for all, for the sake of Purity, and Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya. Without much delay, the freshly tanned prince extends his arms out as if accepting all the angels into his life, and the praise he thinks he has, and begins his speech.

Looking down at the flashcards with his upside-down sunglasses, Elrion started reading.

"My old friend- I mean lliran! I have returned to Haelun'or for the sake of taking up this council position! I would love to reignite the flame that brought this city justice, and everlasting peace, by once again running for Okarir'tir!-" The Goblin halted the turning of flash cards, and started to panic, shouting something at the innocent Prince in blah. "W-What are you saying? This isn't the place to run for Okarir'tir? This is Okarir- Okarir'hiylun you say? Why am I even here Chiru? Stupid kid... Making you was a mis- ANYWAY!" Elrion continued his speech, now using his own mind rather than the flash cards. "Well that works too! I will run this city and it's housing into a greater age! There will be bath houses that stretch for miles! And we will find a way to stuff fourteen people into a singular apartment! This is what I can promise you, Haelun'or... Will you take it?" Elrion walked off, retreating straight to the tavern. 

MaevePose.png?width=370&height=585

2.png.ff6ebddf7b6c896b6cd5304c7af7d9cb.png

A youthful mali’thill would stand up, hands clasped together as she offered a warm smile to those before her. “Karin’ayla lliran and fellow citizens of Karinah’siol. I, Maeve Elibar’acal, would like to nominate myself for the position of Okarir’hiylun.” She stated, her voice ringing throughout the citadel, clear and strong. “As is the way of the mali’thill, service to our blessed state is highly encouraged and serving on the silver council is one of the highest honors.” 

“The position of Okarir’hiylun is that which holds many duties. It oversees the hiylun of Elcihi, as well as the tavern and housing which is provided to any and all mali’thill who wish to return home to our blessed bastion.” She said, listing each with a familiar tone. “Through my hard work and dedication, I have provided many services to our clinic. As one of the first student’s Laurir Dele Seregon recently took on, I have devoted much of my life to practicing medicine and perfecting my love for botany to help those in need of healing and assistance.” 

As she spoke, she would turn to face the populace to ensure all could hear and see her properly. “As a steward, I have worked to make those new and returning to Elcihi feel welcomed and safe. It is a dangerous world out there and ensuring the housing and safety of those who seek it, is one I hold to a high standard.” She said with a confident reassurance. “As an employee in the tavern, as well as the Innkeeper, I have come to figure out the ins and outs of how a proper business should run.”

“Now, aside from what I have done, I wish to share what I would like to implement as Okarir’hiylun.” She said. “Firstly, I would like to focus on training our next generation of physicians, using a proper curriculum which will teach those who wish to learn, an in depth knowledge on proper medical procedures. I would also like to begin a new focus on the mental hiylun of the mali’thill, offering services which would allow individuals the chance to find solace in their mental struggles. Our mind is our temple and we must protect it and maintain it.” She said with a point of a finger. 

“Another implementation which is crucial to our state is that of stewardship and tavern facilities.” She continued. “As we settle into our new lands, we must ensure that our services continue to be as successful as they have in the past. Equipping the tavern with competent staff and creating events for the community is a must as the community is the beating heart of the state. As for stewardship, I would like to also bring on a team of thill well educated on the culture of Elcihi in order for those who are returning, to settle in better and establish relationships from when they first step through our gates.” She would take a moment to clear her throat.  

“One thing which I have always said is that I am first and foremost, a healer. I wish to help and serve my state and my kin to the best of my ability. For many years I have done so and I hope that with your support, I may continue this service to a higher degree. Ahern ito nae'leh and Maehr’sae Hiylun’eyha.” She concluded. With a flash of a smile and a bowing of her head to those present, she would settle back down into her seat. 

image0.png.d4da9c61d8d828e5886c3322c50e8cfe.png

QbYa1Mk-eGAgVy88KlByv-K04aEaxiOhNQzplGNz

A Pen from The Maelunir would be posted by the announcement some time afterward.

"Ahernan for such a splendid pool of candidates! Unfortunately, now we most close the position for further - The Office of elMaheral will begin to reach out to candidates and set up time for the debate! Ahernan oncemore, and best of luck in your individual campaigns."

Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya

the_witch.png