A grumpy veteran tries to string some lights

TwilightWolf

Hey there, I don't know where else to put this and my patience for this plugin/iron fist economy is going to make me have an aneurism so I guess it goes with nexus vortex debate???

I've been here for almost a decade. I don't complain too much provided that I have SOME sort of solution or alternative accessible to me in regards to rescources/needs serverside. This will be my first post frankly b******* about something as I feel it is completely unacceptable for the standard of the server that has been since since AEGIS.

I've been working on some cultural events for the elves in my spare time since I have a life and a full time job, and was stoked to start unveiling my plans for the new map. For anybody that has run an event, however, they take careful planning, time management, and more often than not decorations or materials. The server does a great job of giving us access to obscure heads, and in the past has been able to provide the playerbase with the impossible or hard-to-obtain items in the cloud temple. And if that doesn't solve the issue, I have in the past been able to make a reasonable trade with a staff member to get the material that I need. Then comes Vortex and this bizarre change of mindset that I simply haven't seen on the server in all the years that I have been here.

Enter Twilight on the eve of Dec. 5th, building the Elvenesse Christmas tree with the leaves that I have (no joke) been trying to collect myself for the past two weeks from the measly bush nodes we have in the back of our city. Every day I have logged on, spam clicked the leaves and braved the mines to make the necessary tools to harvest said leaves. Who knew that my character's hands weren't good enough to snap some twigs off a bush! Thankfully the players of the elves were kind enough to take time out of their day to help me collect the rest when I came up short. 

Eventually I get around to finishing the shape of the tree. Hooray! Time to put the lights on! Or so I figured.

I (foolishly) assumed that if I had harvested the equivalent resources that are actually obtainable for the redstone lamps that I would be able to exchange or buy the whopping  31 lamps that will serve no other purpose than to add light to a tree. They are not part of some extravagant redstone strobe-light trap and they are not being used for some grand elven heist IRP, so what's the problem?

Come to find out after a modreq that there are no exchanges or buying. Alright, certainly there is another method for obtaining these simple blocks, yes? Evidently not, and I am now experiencing in full the absolute madness that is the state of the server at this point.

8c0cbb55b23e5b85c31654deba831582.jpg  

It should be said I have nothing against the staff grunts that are just doing their job.

So as it turns out, there is no solution! There has been no system to support the decorative and building feats of the players on a MINECRAFT server! A game that literally revolves around building and making fantastic structures!

tenor.gif?itemid=17113924

This is where I'm getting a bit steamed at this server. Are you  meaning to tell me that after you half-implemented a plugin that makes it intentionally difficult to get the resources needed for building to try and drive up their value, and after you released it in that state on a build that has been going on for literally months, WITH some communities getting LITTLE TO NO SUPPORT during transfer so that they could have a nice place to RP,  you didn't provide an alternative to meet player needs even if they put forth the effort to meet YOU halfway, whose supposed to be helping US? Are you f****** kidding me? Is this server driven for the staff or the players?

I am really starting to absorb why so many people are ticked off at the server right now. Frankly this launch has been a complete and utter management disaster. You ought to be d*** ashamed of yourselves for shafting communities that don't have a nation to umbrella over them. We have NEVER taken this harsh of a stance on the community since I have been here. EVER.

This is a bit bigger than me missing out on my christmas lights. The point I'm trying to make is that the lack of action, very EASY action to remedy similar problems other players may be facing is outrageous. Open up the resources and give the little man a break.

Additionally, you are doing the developer of Vortex an absolute injustice by allowing it be halfway released and setting the staff and creator up for failure. I honestly think the plugin would be exceptionally cool if it had been released in full, the output of gathered resources was hiked, and the playerbase had been given more informaton. I actually LIKE the way resources are gathered now, despite being meme'd on after the fact by the ridiculous hoarding of meaningless materials.

But that all is on the backburner while there are people in the community that have problems that dwarf this minor inconvenience that I am experiencing. It's disgusting.

If there aren't even events going on the server that are sponsored BY the server with full access to what they need, why are the people that are trying to fill that void being punished?

That'll conclude my feedback, but seriously...

If I need to make some sort of blood pact with an admin that I will return the  whopping  31 lamps after Christmas so they're not circulated into the economy, I will. If I have to pay 200 minas for the batch, I will. At the end of the day I am here for an experience of MINECRAFT with roleplay flavor. If you prevent me from playing Minecraft in the process, it's essentially degrading the experience to glorified forum RP in a game engine I can only partially interact with.

57 minutes ago, TwilightWolf said:

If I need to make some sort of blood pact with an admin that I will return the  whopping  31 lamps after Christmas so they're not circulated into the economy, I will.

Hi, I know how you feel. Until some form of obtaining them will be available please try to use sea lanterns. I know it's inconvenient but its the best I could think of.

26 minutes ago, KillerPandas said:

Hi, I know how you feel. Until some form of obtaining them will be available please try to use sea lanterns. I know it's inconvenient but its the best I could think of.

Sure, that's fine, but what about the people that don't have easy replacements? I have yet to see a sensible reason why blocks on the server are being locked up tighter than fort knox.

I see your frustration. I wish you wouldve reached out or made a worldreq.

Ill be having the world team make a small nether pit in a hub.

Please remember nations can also buy improvements as well that will have 4 times the amount of resources hubs have for its type.

36 minutes ago, Hiebe said:

I see your frustration. I wish you wouldve reached out or made a worldreq.

Ill be having the world team make a small nether pit in a hub.

Please remember nations can also buy improvements as well that will have 4 times the amount of resources hubs have for its type.

I did attempt to reach out in the tech chat, but was forwarded to your post.

I  have discovered that  the hub in the east grants a very generous maximum of 3 sea lanterns that are possible with the node setup.

So that means I can wait a collective 20 hours if I don't sleep or work and the job will be done!

Alternatively, I have also discovered that Alt accounts can mine the same node and get the same materials. So that cuts my collective time to 10 hours!

Suppose then I could go ahead and buy a THIRD account and get it whitelisted and lessen my time some more, which might be a better investment than giving this server another red cent with the way things are going.

13 hours ago, TwilightWolf said:

I did attempt to reach out in the tech chat, but was forwarded to your post.

I  have discovered that  the hub in the east grants a very generous maximum of 3 sea lanterns that are possible with the node setup.

So that means I can wait a collective 20 hours if I don't sleep or work and the job will be done!

Alternatively, I have also discovered that Alt accounts can mine the same node and get the same materials. So that cuts my collective time to 10 hours!

Suppose then I could go ahead and buy a THIRD account and get it whitelisted and lessen my time some more, which might be a better investment than giving this server another red cent with the way things are going.

I'd be more than willing to give you my stuff to help you make it. Also, I'm sure there would be others in Elvenesse willing to help.