3rd, 5th, and 21st yr ama

squakhawk

hello

for the first time in a very very long time making my own post not related to lore or staff. epic.

Ask random **** below, read anything past this if you'd like

Though I've been registered for about five years now, I've only played for two - ever since late 2018. It's strange. I joined LOTC originally as an escape to an abusive relationship after a three year hiatus from MCRP. I started maybe.. 2012, or so, on GiantPie's server called Realms of Caeldor. Good times - a ton of good memories forged there which sparked inspiration for writing and storytelling. From then on I'd been a GM for Pathfinder games even up until this year, where I've run maybe 2 or 3 complete campaigns, and a dozen or so one-shots for my group - alongside working on my magnum opus of a Ten-part modular mega-campaign which I'm still working on, on the side. I've ventured throughout the ways and have gone from Realms of Caeldor, to Mirai, to Valenor and Solstice, a half dozen of ~20 pop friend-rp servers, and so on, until LOTC.

I remember joining LOTC from a friends recommendation. I was in an unhappy place and state and joined under a "No staff, no leadership, just minimalist bottom-guy rp.". It was like that for a while. I joined Renatus, made place in legion, and genuinely loved military RP. I met good friends like @marb @cowmoonist, and @zepato who lasted months with me throughout the legion. I got a bit more engrained into leadership, but I think that was alright. I liked what I was doing and it rooted a bit more into my life as an escape from everything I suffered off my PC. I was like that for months until 2019 when I was properly in the high-echelons of Renatian Leadership. It was a lot of fun, a lot of brotherhood. I met more great people like Bard, Taketheshot, Dyl, Flemish, Trinn, and many more.

Around 2emps, I was at the peak of it. Constantly with my legion, constantly chatting with Defy, Aiim, Lhindir, Nectorist, and others who were good friends about skirmishes, raids and so on- tons of fun, and though I had a bit more toxic of a viewpoint on the server then, I had a fantastic time and look back on it very fondly. It's nice to reminisce about it- about then I joined Storyteam aswell under Flamboyant. 2emps ended, I was given Grandmarshal and after a short time I was removed from the position and Oren died for a few months. I changed a lot and didn't have much to do. Maybe jule-october I didn't even notice I didn't play on the server for many, many weeks- just OOC story duties and thats about it. I started my second character Anethra about this time with Ixli, and got into Haelunor.

Haelunor was a much different group. Lots of different people, none of which are really around anymore - but people nontheless. Puffables, Ankan, Kenno, Gross, Seuss, Gemini, Cookie, Arvid, Halsi, so many more- who would welcome me and I'd get along fantastically with, alongside Kiaus and Emma.

About October 2019 I had something traumatic happen to me that would forever change my life. I don't think it's appropriate to talk about nor would I like to talk much about it. But for the next six months of my life until ~march/april 2020 I'd been in the lowest state I'd ever found myself in. I lost identity of who I was and what I wanted to be, what made me happy and what I liked. I sort of just robotically went by each day without thought or emotion and did whatever was asked of me by Story, of which I'd become manager, or my job. Story became a big fallback as they were the only friends I really had other than one or two outside of LOTC. Liz, Tox, Archi, Pund, Cal, Joel - became some of the only people I cared about anymore. They were the only ones who cared for me, anyway. I got more into staff and leadership because it's all I did, even if it is mostly work, that brought me any joy- aswell the source of a thousand and a half anxieties, but it was as good as I'd get it. When I quit to return to my career as a nurse in April from the basic-job I was working things began to felt better. Being a shut in from then till now with maybe 4 or 5 outings between, as fucked up as that is has been really mending for the soul. I pulled out of that sadness when moved past that trauma and accepted it merely as a lesson, and got a bit more involved. Still even with - more friends I'd begun.

Past Flam's removal I think things have been good. I've made a dozen friends on ST and Staff and I really have loved being on good terms with all of them. Heero, Devvy, Lockages, Chase, Deer, Kaiser, Llir, Basket, Rift and Keef (and so many more) - have become some great friends and I'm extremely happy to have them. I like being in my position as manager as I feel I get to do good things and listen to people - and though there are the bad parts of the job like kicking, blacklisting, shelving, or so on, it's something I just have to be stronger with rather than softhearted. I think now story is the best it's ever been in my experience- and I'm really happy to have helped accomplish it. The only real thing that disturbs me is if or when I'm gone, if it'll be remembered. At least fondly. 

In general I think my time on LOTC so far has been good- I'm not sure how many can say that haha, but it's helped me get past some of the darkest years of my life and I've made good friends and hundreds (probably thousands if I /persona played, but I'll never run that command for fear) of hours of roleplay and writing which I've enjoyed every moment of. Though I'm far off that original wish of no staff, no leadership, I can't say I'm unhappy for it. Right now I'm in an incredibly rigorous nursing school and LOTC provides good relief daily. The friends I've made from so even more. If I've mentioned you- or in passing have just, ever interacted with you- or neither and have just read this far, thank you for your part in my tiny, tiny piece of history on this server and in my life. Sometimes it's hard to feel empathy to a screenname, but for some people it really means amounts when people can recognize that and look past that screen to the person behind and feel sympathy. Now it's my 21st and I'll be staying home all day alone, and I figure for those who I can't catch in voice or something, or maybe just wanting a bit of conversation into me -

I hope you enjoy this ama! 

Hitting you with the standard five:

1. What are some of your fondest RP experiences on the server?
  2. If you could be the NL of any existing LotC polity, past or present, which one would it be and why?
  3. Do you have a favorite LotC military uniform skin, and which one is it?
  4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you miss the Imperium Renatum (Ave Godfrey) and why is it 10?
  5. What are your thoughts on Vortex and Surge?

Happy 21st, man! Like every new 21 year-old, I bet you're excited about finally being able to legally adopt a child, become an uber driver, and get an adult license with a post-puberty photo. I would give you 21 questions in honor of it, but I'll settle with like six:

1. What would your perfect day look like?

2. What is something you could spend all day talking about?

3. If there was only 1 type of food that you could eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?

4. If you were playing hide and seek against everyone in the world, where would you hide?

5. What's the best bad decision you've made? Something that feels wrong in the moment but turns out to be right.

6. On a scale of 1-10 how scared were you when you'd look across the battlefield and see me and the boys there?

hello;;; happy birthday!! i have one question for now,,,

what was your inspiration for urethra's name and why is she a homewrecker

that was 2 questions but it's ok

54 minutes ago, LithiumSedai said:

Hitting you with the standard five:

1. What are some of your fondest RP experiences on the server?
  2. If you could be the NL of any existing LotC polity, past or present, which one would it be and why?
  3. Do you have a favorite LotC military uniform skin, and which one is it?
  4. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you miss the Imperium Renatum (Ave Godfrey) and why is it 10?
  5. What are your thoughts on Vortex and Surge?

1) I think my fondest experience was one time roleplaying Anethra chatting with someone by a hearth. I don't really remember who, it might've been billy or keldrith- and I just got to talk and develop her character. Talked about destiny, talked about how her life sucked, what she wanted to do. I don't even think the other person was paying attention or tabbed in, but I just went on and on for a good while. It was fun, and it really made me think about my character in a three dimensional way. George R.R. Martin said something along the lines of "There are two types of writers. Architects and Gardeners. Architects have things planned from start to finish, while Gardeners plant a seed and nurture something that twists and turns, and may even surprise them. I find myself leaning towards a gardener, but everyone is a bit of both.". I think I'm a gardener, and Anethra has been carried through a lot - and shes done a lot of objectively terrible, stupid, or evil things and it's fantastic for development.

2) Probably NL of Druids. Super chill group, and it's *ON THE OUTSIDE* almost entirely an IRP responsibility as you'll always be a thing without having to work with OOC stupid-****. I know Niv keeps a tight ship and I admire that and I'd hope I could accomplish something similar. As much as I like the symbiosis of OOC and IRP in nation-running, I'd think druids have the most (and best) sides of both. If I had more time and was like, 16 no-life, I'd do Norland. I ******* love nurturing rp and the attitude Norland has always carried of being noob friendly I admire. 

3) Genuinely the renatian skin we had for Dark Legion and Imperial Legion was fantastic. The Holy Orenian Army ones I had made were pretty hot too but they looked to protag-gy. 

4) 10 I miss ******* legion rp so much times were so much simpler but I think I'm happy as a st-goon now, if the legion was like, now? I joined now as a shitty grinder and pvper? it'd be epic probably maybe 

5) I think Vortex and Surge should be additive rather than mandatory. I wish iron was (at some point) standard while all else was just additive past-iron. It'd be cool and I dig that. I like the harvesting and stuff, but I've grown to realise I'm probably just going to never have anything on me and will run around with food because I really despise grinding to do anything, and how shoehorned the economy is- particularly with how little sense it makes. 

59 minutes ago, Luminaire said:

When are we reviving Renatus?

when the great deceiver returns 

27 minutes ago, Nectorist said:

Happy 21st, man! Like every new 21 year-old, I bet you're excited about finally being able to legally adopt a child, become an uber driver, and get an adult license with a post-puberty photo. I would give you 21 questions in honor of it, but I'll settle with like six:

1. What would your perfect day look like?

2. What is something you could spend all day talking about?

3. If there was only 1 type of food that you could eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?

4. If you were playing hide and seek against everyone in the world, where would you hide?

5. What's the best bad decision you've made? Something that feels wrong in the moment but turns out to be right.

6. On a scale of 1-10 how scared were you when you'd look across the battlefield and see me and the boys there?

i cant wait to not rent a car
1. Genuinely wake up, and not have a worry. That's all. Everyday I wake up with some deadline to meet or something expected of me. I don't think I'll ever get that, but a day where I just - don't have to worry. Don't have something I have to do. That'd be a dream. 

2. warcraft lore tbh, shows i like like GoT or Breaking Bad, easily could do like 24h of discussion on both of those and not break a sweat. DND and Pathfinder stories or ideas aswell, I could make someone suffer through those.

3. thats rough buddy probably ramen though i ******* love authentic ramen man i used to da big city all the time to get my ******* ugh god i wish there wasnt ******* pandemic so I could just go back to eating my fuckin 👏 shio 👏 ramen 👏 and shout "TELL HIM IM EATING" at random passerbyes to continue out my bladerunner fantasy

4. i'd drive around lol

5. interesting question, though I break it often I talk to people- I'll think they don't like me or don't want to talk or aren't interested, but a lot of the time I'll just go "**** it, what do I have to lose" and will talk to them anyway. It's something I've never regretted doing as it lets me know what people think pretty quick.

6. 0 there is not one ounce of fear in my nuts at any given time

hello;;; happy birthday!! i have one question for now,,,

what was your inspiration for urethra's name and why is she a homewrecker

that was 2 questions but it's ok

i hate u

1) Genuinely I wanted something that sounded "Spidery". There's a Darkelf in Warhammer Fantasy who's kind of a massive nobody and only mentioned like three times as an extremely minor character named "Anethra Helbane". I really fuckin digg'd that first name and have Anethra. There's another extremely minor, only ever mentioned once, offscreen-guy named Sullandiel. That's her middle name. Not so creative, but Anethra Sullandiel Uradir. 

2) fuckyuy shes lonely 

AWHHH LOVE U SQUAK!!!!!!!

what siege character would you wanna be irl? and why shirtless tachanka? 

Why's it that even after all this time there's so few naval/ocean lorepieces?
I know theres [✓] [Event Race Lore] Shuul (...) accepted and [Magic Lore] - Thallassos (...) in the works... 
Maybe a third one in form of a Feat would be something to establish a trinity of ocean lore™

What's the best lore an story actor can get into right now to haunt some of the players roaming around,
something that goes well with a bounty type of storyline perhaps? 

Which of the things coming to us this new map are you most anticipating?

What'd be your favourite dishes in a 3 course dinner menu?

If you could warclaim, conquer, and remove one nation from LotC permanently which one would it be and why is it [redacted]? 

Damn bro this bring out the feels, 😔 can't believe you've been on LOTC for 21 years. 

1. What was your first elf mommy discord profile picture?

2. What is one thing you hope to accomplish on LOTC? 

3. How do you remember the Dreg Coffin catastrophe?

4. If you suddenly woke up and were one of your LOTC characters in real life, which would it be and why?

5. What are the criteria necessary to get something pinned by you in the lore chat? 

6. What is your least favorite subject to learn about?

What’s Lothar backwards

So me, your lover, is not being mentioned in the post.

when am i being allowed to marry anethra 

8 hours ago, SquakHawk said:

Past Flam's removal I think things have been good. I've made a dozen friends on ST and Staff and I really have loved being on good terms with all of them. Heero, Devvy, Lockages, Chase, Deer, Kaiser, Llir, Basket, Rift and Keef (and so many more)

yentleman

what's your favourite op to play in siege?

What's the siege dream team fivestack in your opinion?

would illythia visit conan's grave if he had one lol

top five favourite people to rp with?

do you miss the great deceiver? 

do you want chasemagic

ave renatus squank