A Half-Orc's Resume

Urahra

The following letter is delivered to the postboxes of various Orenian businesses (only those that are currently hiring, of course).  It's written on bright yellow stationary scented with a perfume that smells strongly of lemon, dark almond, and bergamot.

Y9gFwsL.gif

To whom it may concern - 

I'd like to get the silly stuff out of the way first.

• Yes, I'm green.
  • Yes, I've got tusks. Little ones, but they're there.
  • Yes, I'm pretty tall and pretty muscular. (Also pretty cute!)
  • Yes, I'm a half-orc

My name's Sarah Napier. I'm nineteen years old. There's a time in every kid's life that they've got to strike out on their own and build a career for themselves. My doofus twin brother ran off to join the Navy and become a sailor, so that means I need to figure something out too. Hopefully something that doesn't disappoint my dad. I can't be lying around the house doing nothing anymore! 

The point is, I need a job!

I might be big and green, but that doesn't mean I'm a brute. I speak and write in perfect Common. I'm not a foreigner. I grew up here in Oren - born in Helena! I don't... really have a lot of skills yet, but I'm smart! I learn fast, I promise! 

Um, I'm good at a lot of small things. I know how to tie a ribbon just right to make the cutest little bows. I know the difference between cheap lace and the good stuff. I can fold very pretty paper flowers that look almost as nice as the real thing. I've read a lot about beekeeping, but we've never lived in a house with a yard so I haven't been able to try it yet.

And... ugh.

I'm kind of strong, I GUESS.

But I'm not some big dumb muscle! I'm an intelligent, cultured, and lovely lady! I could be good at a lot of things besides just... being strong if you teach me.

Please give me a chance.

Signed, 

QVK07p3.png

Y9gFwsL.gif

OOC:

EST is preferable. I'm active usually between 7:00 pm EST and 11:00 PM EST. I play Sarah usually two or three days out of the week.

"You almost have to feel pity for the creature. Unable to go to the Seven Skies or wherever orcs go in the afterlife, full of rage and anger in life because of being a half orc, a threat and menace to society, truly. Ought to be put down for its own good, mixing descendant races never ends well." Anna would murmur, a pitying look on her visage as she, an aspiring busy body, had pulled one of the resumes from a friend's business' mailbox to read. With a quick glance, she ensured no one was around, and thus her words had not been overheard.

Spoiler

so don't quote and/or act on this post/what she said IRP, lads 🙂

Having finished reading, she would slip it back into the box, carefully dusting her gloves off. "Ought to have more punishment for such atrocities and those who create them. Lovely choice in scents though, I must say."

"How lovely!" would say the tavern owner, Fiyem Fenrie. "There is no need to have such ill intent upon a being who did not choose the life nor body in which they were put in! Come by and speak with me and we may arrange something. At the end of the day Providence is a home to all races afterall."

"If I had to guess what she was thinking right now, I bet she'd be thinking..."

"You almost have to feel pity for the creature. Unable to go to the Seven Skies or wherever orcs go in the afterlife, full of rage and anger in life because of being a half orc, a threat and menace to society, truly. Ought to be put down for its own good, mixing descendant races never ends well. Ought to have more punishment for such atrocities and those who create them. Lovely choice in scents though, I must say."

Franz says to himself as he watches his daughter ( @rukio ) dig through other people's mail. 

"Or she's thinking about tonight's game of billiards- that's more likely to be it. Damn girl's won it all the past three times, and all the neighbors are saying she's a cheat! They hardly believe me when I tell them she got it from her dear mother..." His voice trails off as he finds himself rambling. 

A Letter is sent to Sarah Napier (and Sarah Napier ONLY.)

It read:
"Dear Sarah Napier,

You were my second customer- just after Madame Sullas. It made me quite happy for you to show an interest in my dresses, and I would like to repay you.

I wonder if you'd like to help me take care of my children, they're growing and, with my many duties, I'm in dire need of help. My husband has many duties that stop him from helping with the children. If you accept, I will figure out a way to pay you immediately.

With love,

Theodora." 

3 hours ago, Nectorist said:

Franz says to himself as he watches his daughter ( @rukio ) dig through other people's mail. 

"Or she's thinking about tonight's game of billiards- that's more likely to be it. Damn girl's won it all the past three times, and all the neighbors are saying she's a cheat! They hardly believe me when I tell them she got it from her dear mother..." His voice trails off as he finds himself rambling. 

George Galbraith would spy on Franz and his daughter below, from the branch of a tree. He'd mutter to himself.

"At least your wife's alive."

58 minutes ago, MrChenn1 said:

George Galbraith would spy on Franz and his daughter below, from the branch of a tree. He'd mutter to himself.

"At least your wife's alive."

"I wonder if Mr. George Galbraith is spying on me and incorrectly assuming that my first wife is not, in fact, deceased and that my daughter was born to that first wife," Franz wonders aloud to himself as he fetches the morning paper from the street.

"No, there's no way he would fit in a tree with the rear he has. The damn thing would probably collapse."

29 minutes ago, Nectorist said:

"I wonder if Mr. George Galbraith is spying on me and incorrectly assuming that my first wife is not, in fact, deceased and that my daughter was born to that first wife," Franz wonders aloud to himself as he fetches the morning paper from the street.

"No, there's no way he would fit in a tree with the rear he has. The damn thing would probably collapse."

"I admire the bond father and Mr. Galbraith have, though sometimes I find I must worry about the state of it." Anna would ponder aloud as she saw the way they looked at each other, before returning to the monumental task of dusting her father's office and straightening out his paperwork.

OOC:

can u not.

"It claims to learn fast, and yet it doesn't realize what a pitiful thing it is. Oh, how I lament the existence of such a wretch, brought about by a most abhorrent matrimony." the philosopher muttered upon reading the pamphlet, averting his eyes in utter disdain. 

Spoiler

JUjurbb.png