Can't login to minecraft

turkeyburgerz

No matter what I try I can't login. I've requested by email for a password change and it doesn't work. I know the password is right. It just won't let me log in. Anyone know a fix?

Also this has been occurring over a few days

I've had a few friends with this issue in the past- Along with myself once I believe.. I fear I've since forgotten the fix, but my suggestions would be follows:

- Make sure you are using your email to log in.

- Make sure you are using the right email to log in.

- Contact Mojang directly either through email or phone. It might take sometime, as they're a large company & all.. But is a good last resort!

If you need any more help, feel free to contact me over Discord & I can see what I can do!

<---- Discord Tag is under my.profile information!

I've never used an email to login. However I have created a mojang account at some point. It must be connected to the username I use as I have an email from them to confirm it. I have contacted them and am awaiting a response. Thanks for the help!

Oh and I have attempted to use that email to login also, but neither works. 

Edited by turkeyburgerz

Hey there, by looks of it, your minecraft account is using the old login please try to login using the mojang site https://account.mojang.com/ once you are the you need to migrate your account to use Mojang account.

I can't login to the site either

Error! You need to use your e-mail address to login to your Mojang Studios Account.
If you haven't done so already, you first need to migrate your Minecraft Account.

then once this appears it says i cannot migrate until 2021 

If you still have a legacy Minecraft account (also known as Minecraft Premium) you’ll have to wait until we start the move to Microsoft accounts in early 2021. But no worries — you’ll be able to keep playing Minecraft: Java Edition with your current account until then.

For more information, check out the the Minecraft Java Edition Migration FAQ.