Acolyte's Thesis - On the Topic of Relationships

JoanOfArc

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

ACOLYTE'S THESIS -

ON THE TOPIC OF RELATIONSHIPS

Scribed by

ALEXANDER RATIBOR CARRION

Dedicated to

HIEROMONK PIUS OF SUTICA

OWYN'S LIGHT

nDaSHVdMrlk8QoigzS4OdRT9AUBKyMNyxP6RVLXtANDoQMF-nMQc15VjVUqCbdmfZ3HoCkoa4Z1sMpHZXiARoMDl2inJ8rcZXtDtZi743fjYDxBp7gwSblGp3xf-x3B7eRnxy4gu

An icon depicting Prophet Horen and the Mother of Peace in Akritian style.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

O holy and righteous ancestor and forerunner of the Faith, Prophet Horen, offer your wisdom to us on how to live a simplistic life and one that is befitting of a Child of the Lord. Teach us to be sacrificial in our love for our fellow Man and for those whom we hold dear to our hearts. Pray that we may align ourselves eternally in the good grace of our god and that we never forsake this path laid out before us by Him through You.

May the children of your holy marriage together with the Mother of Peace forever praise thy Name of the Lord.

The world I have found myself living in is one occupied with busyness and the ambitious pursuit of vain glory, a deep craving and want to replicate the glory of which the Lord have made the world in, but also a deep loneliness and melancholy that haunts the soul of Man. With the pursuit of the world, we often find ourselves lost in the meaning found in the simple spiritual gifts the Lord has given to us. Husbands spend more and more time not with their families attending celebrations on feast days or leading the family unit spiritually but toiling for currency that will never satisfy them in this life or the next. Wives spend their time obsessed with clothing and jewels that mock the true beauty found within a heart of gold. Children care not for their parents whom they see less and less, and they expect a steady income is all that is value in any relationship. How vile an existence would it be to only see relationships as nothing more than a monetary transaction! 

My siblings-in-the-Lord, I call you to forsake the pursuit of earthy things. Glory or power never please the soul and will only crave to be fulfilled more. There are kings who have lost purpose in their existence after achieving much and have casted down the life the Lord bestowed upon them. They now weep eternally in hell and for what useless purpose? They held the world in their hands and had a vast amount of wealth that none could rival. The world bowed to their commands. Everything was one word away, but they hated life more than the beggar on the dirt road. They hated their life more than the ancestors of ours that toiled the field as serfs. I tell you; true happiness lies in comfort of your fellow Man. Prophet Horen never fell into anguish or despondency when he spent his time with his beloved wife, the Mother of Peace, and learned to cherish his simplistic life. I do not proclaim the Exalted never worked mind you, but I do proclaim he was never consumed by it.

I will not be so easily deceived into thinking that this is the case for the majority of Man. With the loss of close familial ties, many have fooled themselves into thinking relationships are meaningless beyond the pleasure that is able to be retrieved from them. These individuals spend their time only drinking and reveling amongst others in inns. They know the names of many, but only so much as for the purpose of the enjoyment that comes from these relationships. Without the deeper want to learn about another or an attempt to have a sacrificial love for said person, the invisible spiritual bond between two souls never fully materializes and the relationship lacks the depth needed for true comfort. These fair-weather relationships lead to an emptiness and lack of godly minded virtues that true relationships may display to one and another. They are void of love and compassion.

There are those within the Church that have a belief to retract themselves from all relationships entirely. They occupy their lives with earthly things. Working for as long as the day may permit, or partaking in quiet hobbies like painting or hunting. They isolate themselves from the world and wish for a world without ever having to deal with any relationship, for them any relationship only has pain as a result of them. This is folly as much as fair-weather relationships. This belief is always rooted in the fear of trust. Fear that if you put trust in another soul you will be brought to ruin. Perhaps even coming from a relationship that hurt the individual much. Not all relationships will amount to greatness-- some even will result in pain and pain, but pain is a consequence of this fallen world. Even if you believe it to be the antithesis of what you want, know you may even utilize the pain you felt for the better. For what pained you in the past, you will never want to hurt your future relationship. If you put no trust in another, loneliness will be the fruit of your belief and will lead you into despondency. Man was not made to be alone as even Prophet Horen kept a wife.

Through the prayers and intercessions of the holy Exalted prophets, the Mother of Peace and of all Mankind, St. Jude of Petrus, St. Lucien of Ulmsbottom, St. Tobias of Sarkoz, and of all the saints, Lord have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

Edited by JoanOfArc

Father Pelagius skims over the Acolyte's thesis, whilst a warm smile fills his face. "Very much well written & a great effort of piety, I applaud this fine text & i'm joyous to see what else Alexander comes up with."

"Revealing of a true, and heartfelt grasp of the faith." An aged scholar would remark, placing the thesis upon his bookshelf with a content nod of approval. 

Ostromir gets ready to donate a hefty sum of money to the church, pleased with his son's writing. 

"I am flattered that such a wonderful exhortation has been dedicated to me." Pius of Sutica, FSSCT, remarks, offering his mass and office for the bright Acolyte.