MORTE CON DIGNITÀ [PK]

latte

THEME 

lOf88cu6u94EtS41DiA2W0nii-nci6o8JZGhPMVQLsxhiR4v57Y_PLGPgnjWWlHg693VcTC9SC7Ax8svQps7akfCk6wDBkuxxA-8ixduVDqf2Q-SKUu-xmv0pCcWems_TA

[CIRCA 1782]

"I wish not to live life like the average person. So pitifully boring, that is.”

THE BEGINNING

Owynsburg Kaedrin, 1776.  

“Ivanna, look at all of this!” Exclaimed a fourteen year old Florenza d’Amato, fresh from the land of Illatians. The young freckled girl marvels at her surroundings, frolicking around the streets merrily.  

“Don’t you love it, Florenza?” comments a dark haired woman with a large hat and blue eyes. The young woman smiles at her cousin’s amazement, pulling her hat down on her head. 

“I do, I do.” The young girl nods, readjusting the grip on her bags. Her shiny complexion beamed towards her older cousin. Perfection, was her features. Unadulterated and untouched. Suddenly, from the corner of the girl’s eye she spotted another brunette approaching. “Violeta!!” 

“Hola, Florenza.” the young lady, no older than seventeen dips her head towards the girl, offering a brief, but tight hug. “Ivanna and I welcome you to Kaedrin - though , , ,” she trails off, lingering at the words that needed to be said. “You do must be careful, dear Cousin. We are in the middle of a war. I would highly advise you to not leave the walls- for now, at least.” 

“Yes, yes!” Ivanna cut in then, moving to guide her younger cousin towards the house, a hand on the back of her back. “Come, after you put your stuff away you can meet people like Wilhelmina . We will soon see the return of others, too, like Lorenzo and Giada and Vincenza and Stefano.” 

“I am happy that I came to visit!” comments the freckled Illatian, striding towards the residence.  “Us three, we will be together forever.” she adds on soon after, smiling at the thought of the reunion.

Together forever. In both death and life.

THE FAMILY

The Falcones were a quaint family. 

A loving husband and four lively children. 

Part I:

The Doctor gently opens the door to her household, smiling as she spots her husband. “Salve, mio amore,” she greets sweetly, placing her clipboard onto the side table and shrugging off her white coat. 

Her husband smiles at her, offering a brief side hug. “Ciao,” he responds soon after. “ ‘ow’re you?” 

“I’m well, grazie.” she says with a smile, indeed feeling well. Things were getting better. They were doing better. “Ti amo, Gino. You know that?” she blurts out, clasping her hands together as she approaches the man.

“I do, si. Ti amo anch’io.” he responds with a bright smile. At that, the woman beams. Things were indeed getting better.

Part II:

Florenza was sitting on the couch with an infant Augustina in her arms, reading a magazine. “Mama, Mama!” Exclaims a young Cosimo Antony, jumping around the foyer, a young look alike of herself standing right behind him in her little scouts uniform. 

“Yes, my loves?” she asks gently, offering a smile towards the twins as she carefully closes her magazine, moving it onto her lap, careful to not wake the sleeping baby in her arms. 

“There were these children, mama.” the young Lauretta started, hand neatly folded in front of herself, a small frown adorned on her visage. “They said Cosimo and I were dumb because of our names.” 

“Si, Si, that mama! They were very mean to us!” Cosimo shouts out, before stuffing a slice of cheese into his mouth. 

“Ah, mio amores don’t listen to them, si? You have beautiful heritage and names, si?” she says sweetly. “You aren’t’a dumb either. Besides, Cosimo, Laura, you don’t win life based off of heritage alone. You do so off of talent, hard work and dedication.” 

The children nod at their mother’s words. Cosimo pats his stomach once, looking towards his mother. “Mama, can you make pasta per favore?” he inquires softly, looking towards his sorella , as a silent sign to join in.

Before Lauretta could get a word out, the woman nods. “Si, sure Cosimo. Hold Augustina Giovanna for me.” Life was good. Life is good.

A small happy family they were

THE FIGHTING

Part I: 

“I can’t believe you!” the woman shouts, on the verge of tears. “How dare you! How dare you, how dare you, how dare you!!” she repeats in a loud shout, her hands balled up into tight fists. 

He scoffs loudly, angrily, practically fuming. "Flor," he says, stifling the urge to raise his voice to match her shouting. "I didn'- God. Stop it! Y'bein' insane, accusations." He paused, stepping forward. "Calm down!"

“No! I won’t! I absolutely refuse when you abuse my trust like you do!” she shrieks, tugging on the ends of her dress, red hot fury taking over. 

Part II:

She had ruined her best friend’s life. The now mute Jolynn looked towards her, uncomfortable and almost disgusted. “It’s not like she didn’t deserve it,” Florenza thought to herself. 

“You said I hide my face with copious amounts of makeup, and that my family hates me,” she murmurs towards the epiphyte, not daring to look her in the eye under her thick veil. She huffs, fiddling with her hands.

Jolynn rolls her single organic eye, quickly scribbling something upon a piece of parchment. “Yes, well, I’m the one who woke up MUTE. Thanks for ruining my life, I guess,” read the scrap of parchment, the words written in messy handwriting.

Part III: 

“You will Never EVER hurt me again. I refuse, I absolutely refuse!!” 

The good and the bad, that’s just life

THE END

Providence, Oren 1798.

The air was heavy.

The Illatian lay on her kitchen floor, staring towards her family, unable to produce coherent or meaningful words. Breathing gently as blood oozes out her throat, she soon realizes what the heavy weight on her chest was. Cosimo. Her little shallot- but out of his wheelchair? How peculiar. 

“Mama, Mama!” Cosimo shouts, moving his hands towards her own, squeezing them for dear life. He soon turns towards his father, her husband. “Papa! Papa! What happened! What happened?! Mama! What's happening ?!?!" 

Her husband only stares in pure shock, his eyes wide open and his mouth agape at what has happened. Why were they looking so sad? Oh. Of course, of course. Gently, she offers a squeeze of hands back towards her son. Soon after, the door was slammed open as her youngest daughter Augustina Giovanna rushed in with the Practitioner General. Unfortunately, too much time had passed to make meaningful progress. 

“I love you.” she rasped out towards her family with all the energy that was left. Right after, her form stilled and went limp. The trauma upon her body had taken its toll many minutes ago, and now it was many minutes too late. Her family had failed to find proper help. Her head lolled over to face her husband, eyes wide open as if she was a STATUE, as if she had unfinished business. DEAD.

And so, the story of a doctor, an immigrant, a mother, and a friend comes to an end. The woman’s body lay on the cold surface of the kitchen’s tile floor, soon adjusting to the temperature of the floor. Nothing of life was left on the woman's features. Only an expression of extreme unrest, or, perhaps that was only a bad angle.

Peace in death, and death with dignity

RIP

Doctor Florenza Falcone

1762-1798

Spoiler

This hoe was a really fun character to play, so thank you to anyone who helped me on her xoxo
Also, an extra special thank you to @SunnyBee for helping me format and grammar!!

Spoiler

It had been a week.

The afternoons were darker, quieter.  Each night Gino went to bed alone, and woke up in the morning, only having himself for accompaniment.   The mortician had come around.  She was gone without a trace, but her words echoed endlessly:

I love you.

Their fights, their screams: they couldn't be ignored.  Each night, however, when he faced her in those darkened days and nights, he saw her.  She was his and he was hers and they were each other's.  A thousand thoughts raced each evening.  He fell down the twisting, swivelling stories of his own cracked mind.  When he went into a slumber he saw her eyes as he had when she lived.  When she ran, lively, never a bore: however chaotic.  It was his own fantastical hallucination.  

His children silently loathed him.  It was a justified reply amidst his tyranny.  His screams photographed her; it was a sad memory that hung true.  He did not scream, but silently stood with a frigidly cold look, never blinking to dare see the vision, the deafening memories.  Even so, his psyche rushed, chasing it's own tail in a loop.  Lorenzo was right.  It was his fault.  

The Falcone roamed down the streets.  It was late.  He'd left without a word to a soul.  He walked, wishing to fall and sleep, into hibernation like a temporary death.  Forty summers lived, and he was freezing, clueless as a child.  Somewhere he knew, but dared not speak it out loud; it made it de jure.  

In a sudden urge of emotional adrenaline he raced to the house with the wind brushing up against his eyes and hair.  He was too blind to stop.  He made it to the house, stopping in his tracks, wheezing and out of breath.  The wood creaked. The crickets squeaked.  As he'd stepped in he'd forgotten all like waking from a dream.  Life was but a dream in those days.  Though, he knew not where the boat was leading him.

He traced his palm down the plastered walls, only a single reminiscing thought in his head: a single memory.  

I love you too.

All the confused contradictions were silenced, and for one moment, it would be okay.  It was all forgotten now.

The sun rose up, and it had been a week and a day.

Edited by RaindropsKeepFalling

fucked up formatting literally i'm gonna go die brb

Jeanne Poisson de Motte's bright red lips curled into a wide smile when she saw her friend enter the gates of The Seven Skies. Striding forward in her panniered yellow gown, she took out a small velvet box, containing the earrings made of wonk eyes. "Florenza! You forgot these..." The Auverginian said, smiling, tears rolling down her face somewhat as she was reunited with her only friend in heaven.

Spoiler

"I am so, so sorry, Florenza," Giada Orlov repeats over and over as she leaned her forearms over the counter of her kitchen. "I wished I was able to do more. To help more... little Flor."

She then glanced over her shoulder, looking to Florenza's three children: Cosimo, Lauretta, and Augstina; all sat on her couch. "Now, you are gone... I have now to watch over your kids for the time being. They will miss you," she utters, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Ti amo, little Flor. I'll miss you."

Vincenza's eyes widen, as she hears of the news. "it can't be..." as she stands up in shock, wracking her mind on how to face this.

"no, no! how did this happen?!" she says loudly, not wanting to accept this before she quietened down.

as time passed and as the news sink in, she'd sit down once more on her chair, small sobs can be heard as she murmurs, "i'll miss you, my sorella" her head dipped low, her hands covering her face.

Edited by MimosaMoi
i forgot to complete the sentence

((This post brought to you in part by Sunny the Grammar Lady))

Jo quickly leaves the city after having seen the corpse of her old friend and worst enemy. What was the word for someone whom you loved like a sister and hated like a monster? Still unsure of what she thinks of the now-dead Illatian, the epiphyte wanders Almaris for a day or two, gathering her thoughts and trying to make heads or tails of everything going on right now.

A Waldenian man reminisces on when he sock'd this woman in the face within the streets of Helena all those years ago.

Cosimo Antony d'Amato-Falcone has not taken well to his mother's passing. The ten year old boy has probably cried more within the last few days than he has his entire life, still unable to make sense of what truly happened to his mother. Perhaps he'd spend the rest of his years still trying. The boy looked for his mother's eyes once more in the clouds, uttering a gentle, "Ti amo, mama."

His voice is hoarse, his eyes are puffed, and the clothes his mother bought him were bloodied from her embrace-- but finally there'd be a moment of solace as he'd submitted himself to the love of the family around him.

The Palmer sits in the home of her dearest friend of Giada Fiorella Orlov, she listens to what has happened to Florenza. The woman's heart starts to fill with sorrow and pain for Gia and everyone else in the family.

Astrid leans over to Giada whispering, "I will always be here for you and I will be here to help you get through this." 

A young six year old is struck with an odd sense of grief as she hears the news. Natasha Orlov never truly knew her aunt, but she felt great sorrow and remorse over the loss- not only personally, but on behalf of her family as well.

She finds her cousin while wandering the streets of Providence. The girl runs up and pulls Cosimo into a warm hug. "Vy am so sorry Co Co… about your Mamma. Maybe she's just travelling somewhere right now! Your mamma will be back I bet by next Saint's Day!". Natasha was still young and didn't quite understand the concept of death, but she was truly genuine in her words and wished for nothing but the best for her family. 

----

Spoiler

OOC:

Florenza truly was such an interesting and beautiful character, I can't wait to see what characters you will have in the future!

Lusia gripped the letter she has received about Florenza's death; her tears poured down her face as she hugged the letter. "Florenza.. My dear cugina.. I wish I could of spent more time with you in this new world we live in.. It's beautiful as you are, oh how I miss your humor and kindess already..The young lady went on her knees and prayed quietly while letting her tears do as they pleased.. "I wish you the best in the next life, cugina. You were a saint to me, I hope you are well and happy on the other side.."