[✗] [Magic Lore] The Mortals and Companions of Segradien

thesaintjaleel

ygUJB5SWW_IWPsPtB1mKmgZNZejnxqyIJcAObJegcl_Mxr1nCO6WyIErXLjhMOSfSwfdA-I1KnrGhFG7yqwUax5_R6Q7458ThuL760O1MkIe01lxQkcvdGXVLIwCFF6ILAb2G58P

The Mortals of Segradien

((PLEASE READ DEITY LORE SUBMISSION BELOW PRIOR TO READING THIS))

Spoiler

Origin

Segradien is the Aengul of Honor, Oaths, and Commitment. During the first war of Iblees, the Aengul Segradien held a personal grudge against Iblees - doing all they could to ensure that their brethren ended up executed for their traitorous actions. As such, they began to grant abilities to their followers to assist in their cause. their followers were not judged by whether they were good or evil - them seeing it as a eschewed concept, followers were instead judged on their deeds that brought honor to Segradien’s  name, the oaths they upheld to their brethren, and their commitment to their own companionships. Being a close to neutral Aengul, Segradien only granted their followers supportive and non-combative abilities, believing that power corruptifies mortals and as such, granting them combative power would bring corruption their being. Due to this, they were originally only able to grant blessings to their compatriots. After Iblees’ re-emergence however, Segradien split into two - half serving the Aenguls and half serving the Daemons, introducing the ‘Curses of Sulmaehr’, as the daemonic part of Segardian(referred to as ‘Sulmaehr’) began cursing many mortals. After Iblees defeat - Segardian was pressured by the Aengul Xan to compromise with their other half, on the condition that curses are only granted to followers whom dishonor their name.

Magic Explanation

Segradien granted their most devout of followers abilities to assist in their will - these abilities being dubbed Segradienism. To confirm their loyalty to their patron, the caster must site the Honorable oath with their own teacher after completing trials(chosen by the teachers themselves). The magic works only on certain individuals the caster is tethered to, dubbed 'companions' - to become a companion, you must create a blood oath with a caster to allow them to grant buffs on you. A caster is limited to how many companions they may have at a time. If an oath is broken, depending on the circumstances, either the caster or the companion will be cursed.

Segradien's Honorable Oath

“We, mortals of Segradien, shall bring honor to our name, uphold loyalty with our companions, hold true to our oaths blessed by our patron, and resist the darkness no matter how expansive - and whomever of us dare break this oath shall reap the curses of Sulmaehr.”

Spoiler

Redlines :

• If an oath is broken, a curse would take effect immediately.
  • The curse would instill an opposite effect of the wanted buff, it's strength depending on the tier of the caster.

Mortals of Segradien(Casters)

As  a mortal cannot share collective conscious with an Aengul,  the blessed followers of Segradien are known as ‘Mortals of Segradien’ and can also be simply known as ‘Segradiens’. To become a mortal and gain the boons of Segradien, you must previously have been a companion and have  a teacher. Anyone with the capability of being a deital mage can become a mortal or companion of Segradien. As both parties are bound by oath, breaking it would inflict a curse on whoever is at fault.

Spoiler

Redlines :

• Any being with the capacity of dietal connection can become a caster.

• Segardianism cannot be self-taught.

• Casters cannot curse anyone.

• If the honorable oath or any oath amongst a companion is broken, the Mortal shall lose their abilities and be cursed according to their respective boons.

• A caster may only have at max 4 companions(at tier 4)

• A mortal may only cast 1 boon on each of their companions, with the exception of Tier 5 Wards.

A caster cannot cast a buff on themselves, however can be buffed by another caster.

•    

•  

Companion of Segradien

A companion of Segradien is someone who has done a blessed blood oath with a Mortal of Segradien, allowing them to be blessed by the Mortal’s boons - as such, someone who is not a companion will not be affected by the caster's blessings. A caster may gain 1 companion space each tier until tier 4, the only exception being  if the new companion is another caster. If a companion breaks an oath to their mortal - they would instead inherit the curse, the opposite of the boon granted to them.

Spoiler

Redlines :

• Any being with the capacity of a dietal connection can be a companion.

• If a companion breaks an oath to their mortal, they shall inherit a curse the opposite of the boon granted to them.

• If a companion becomes a Mortal, then it will free a companion slot.

•  

Mortal Boons of Segradien

Buff modifiers - The Buff Modifier refers to how much a certain stat has been increased - and only raises twice. At T1, a stat increases x0.3 of its original standing, at T3 raising to x0.5, then finally by x1.0 at T5)

The Mortals of Segradien can grant buffs to certains stats of their companion(s) - being limited to 2 stats(1 at Tier 1, another at tier 3), these stats being either -

Strength Buff  - The physical strength of a being, increasing  their force emitted and damage dealt during combat, aswell as other practical duties.

Defense Buff- The defense of a being, effecting the damage they take from attacks during combat aswell as their balance amongst other practical duties. 

Agility Buff - The speed of a being, effecting their attack speed and stamina capacity - however, their reflexes shall remain the same amongst other practical duties.

Wisdom Buff - The innate knowledge of a being, effecting their willpower and increasing resistance against several illusionary abilities.

Extra Abilities :

Sensory Swap - The caster takes the pain of a chosen companion - though any injuries would still remain, the companion shall no longer feel the pain caused by them.

(CANNOT BE A WARD) (Gained a T3, requires 5 emotes)

Mana Shift - The caster transfers their own energy to a caster, risking strain and exhaustion.

(CANNOT BE A WARD) (Gained at T5, requires 5 emotes)

Warding Tier 5

At tier 5, a Mortal will now be able to grant a certain boon to any companion that steps within a certain 3 block radius - as decided by a previously drawn circle(It must be drawn on the ground, even if non-visible!). The boon their ward grants can overlap with any other personal buffs placed by the mortal. Their ward must constantly be focused on by a caster or it will immediately dissipate. Segradien Warding would require another MA.

(Only grants a x0.5 buff modifier)

Spoiler

Redlines :

• A mortal can only grant one buff for each respective companion they have.

• A mortal can only choose 2 buffs, gaining 1 at Tier 1 and another at Tier 3.

• It is possible for a companion to have more than one buff, but there must be more than one mortal buffing them.

• A mortal cannot grant themselves boons.

• A boon shall only be in effect if the companion is within the Mortals eyesight.

• Wards still only effect companions.

Warding cannot be ST.

• Ward buffs can overlap with personal buffs

• Wards must be focused throughout their duration or they will dissipate.

• Segradienism takes up all magical slots.

A mortal may switch buffs at will, however it will expend mana.

• Aa

TLDR : My attempt at a deital support magic.

Oh I forgot to add!

Tier Progression

T1 - Able to choose 1 buff, and have 1 companion. (Cost about 5 emotes to imbue a buff on someone)(Buff modifier x0.3)

T2 (2 - 4 weeks) - Able to have 2 companions now. (Cost about 4 emotes to imbue a buff on someone)

T3 ( 1 - 2 months) Able to have 3 companions. (Cost about 3 emotes to imbue/change a buff on someone - gained another stat and the 'Sensory Swap' spell which requires 5 emotes)(Buff modifier x0.5

T4 ( 2 - 3 months) Able to have 4 companions[CAP] (Cost about 2 emotes to imbue/change a buff on someone)

T5 (5 - 6 months)  (Still cost 2 emotes to imbue/change a buff on someone,  gained the Ward spell which requires 5 emotes aswell as the Mana shift spell for 5 emotes)(Buff modifier x1.0)

wtf even are these arbitrary number modifiers. they make no sense and the lore dosnt even explain as to what they are supposed to be used for. Iblees isnt dead either 

I feel like a lot of these buffs are going to be abused as the lore currently stands, I myself am not a fan of large buffs without a difficulty at receiving the magic/casting the spell, or having very large drawbacks in return. 

This uh... this is certainly something. I think.

Ultimately a very confusing piece, with a lot of nonsensical number modifiers and terminology, as well as some, if I may be frank, wack redlines. 

Warding cannot be ST.

Wat?

On the topic of redlines, I do notice a... rather hefty lack of them in regards to abilities and the like, and combined with the vague wording of said abilities, I think the potential for abuse here is pretty high. I can see the idea you had here, but I feel that the execution fell flat and that the lore will likely be dead on arrival when the ST look in the general direction of it.

I feel that the concept may have had some merit to begin with, but in its current iteration, this doesn't genuinely offer anything to contribute to the overall narrative/story of the server as a whole, as Yeu or Shamanism might. This is just... a set of permanent buffs for whoever the caster's friends are, with a new Aengul to match it. 

I think that this is decent for what is seemingly one of your first lore posts in a hot minute, but it falls flat from where I stand. For the future, I think I'd advise looking at some of the other lores for inspiration and a general guide on how to format and such, as well as do some research beforehand. There is already an Aengudaemon of Companionship; Tayl.

11 minutes ago, Lhindir_ said:

wtf even are these arbitrary number modifiers. they make no sense and the lore dosnt even explain as to what they are supposed to be used for. Iblees isnt dead either 

Sorry, I’ll see if I could format it in a less confusing way. The number modifiers can be hard to document, however I’m not sure of any other way to really document the progress. Basically, the buff multiplies your stat by that number, influenced by D&D though I’m not sure how effective the system would be here. Assuming most people in role play go by a stat system, at tier 1 you’d be 0.3x stronger meaning that if your strength is around 15 it’d raise to 19.5 and so forth and so on.

19 minutes ago, Jentos said:

I feel like a lot of these buffs are going to be abused as the lore currently stands, I myself am not a fan of large buffs without a difficulty at receiving the magic/casting the spell, or having very large drawbacks in return. 

I do agree, I tried to piece the drawbacks in a way that would force the players reliance on one another IRP. Since they cannot use the magic on themselves, only being able to use it on certain people. I believe the risk of the curse serving to debuff them would also make casters more picky with who they choose to get the magic to. Thanks for the input though, this is my first magic type-lore so I think this’d only serve to better me as a lore writer.

9 minutes ago, altiar1011 said:

This uh... this is certainly something. I think.

Ultimately a very confusing piece, with a lot of nonsensical number modifiers and terminology, as well as some, if I may be frank, wack redlines. 

Wat?

On the topic of redlines, I do notice a... rather hefty lack of them in regards to abilities and the like, and combined with the vague wording of said abilities, I think the potential for abuse here is pretty high. I can see the idea you had here, but I feel that the execution fell flat and that the lore will likely be dead on arrival when the ST look in the general direction of it.

I feel that the concept may have had some merit to begin with, but in its current iteration, this doesn't genuinely offer anything to contribute to the overall narrative/story of the server as a whole, as Yeu or Shamanism might. This is just... a set of permanent buffs for whoever the caster's friends are, with a new Aengul to match it. 

I think that this is decent for what is seemingly one of your first lore posts in a hot minute, but it falls flat from where I stand. For the future, I think I'd advise looking at some of the other lores for inspiration and a general guide on how to format and such, as well as do some research beforehand. There is already an Aengudaemon of Companionship; Tayl.

The buffs are not permanent, only being active when the companion is in sight of the mortal. Aside from that I think this is a very helpful comment that highlights the inconsistencies, so thanks!

I'm not quite sure you completely understand the system as is, first off you are making people use the d&d system which is nearly impossible to enforce, you are also using a strange spell number system which is a bit archaic. I do hope you continue to write lore but you'll need some practice doing such, doubt this will get accepted for a myriad of reasons but I wish you luck in your future projects!

Enchanter magic archetypes are always nice, but I'm unsure whether this is the right way to go about implementing one. It seems evident that the magic was taken into consideration first, before the Aengul, and I don't really see the point in writing an entire deity for the sake of legitimising a magic.

7 hours ago, Johann said:

Enchanter magic archetypes are always nice, but I'm unsure whether this is the right way to go about implementing one. It seems evident that the magic was taken into consideration first, before the Aengul, and I don't really see the point in writing an entire deity for the sake of legitimising a magic.

You're right to assume the magic was written before the actual deity, but they were actually written originally without relation to eachother. The deity was written in 2018, starting as a hive-minded daemon who obsessed over forcing solidarity - I stopped going through with it because Tayl already existed, but now after coming back from hiatus I totally overlooked that fact. I still think that Segradien is quite different than Tayl and could contribute to roleplay as an Aengul . The magic however, started as a voidal support magic and was drafted not too long ago. Starting as a voidal magic, it was very difficult to explain so I simply edited the lores in attempt to tie them together. It became confusing either way though, so I believe I'd do better writing with others Though this is probably not going to be accepted, I think having a support type magic without a focus on healing could bring alot to roleplay and give us a well-rounded fantasy 'party' type feel.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:18 AM, Southeron said:

Sorry, I’ll see if I could format it in a less confusing way. The number modifiers can be hard to document, however I’m not sure of any other way to really document the progress. Basically, the buff multiplies your stat by that number, influenced by D&D though I’m not sure how effective the system would be here. Assuming most people in role play go by a stat system, at tier 1 you’d be 0.3x stronger meaning that if your strength is around 15 it’d raise to 19.5 and so forth and so on.

I do agree, I tried to piece the drawbacks in a way that would force the players reliance on one another IRP. Since they cannot use the magic on themselves, only being able to use it on certain people. I believe the risk of the curse serving to debuff them would also make casters more picky with who they choose to get the magic to. Thanks for the input though, this is my first magic type-lore so I think this’d only serve to better me as a lore writer.

The buffs are not permanent, only being active when the companion is in sight of the mortal. Aside from that I think this is a very helpful comment that highlights the inconsistencies, so thanks!

stats dont even exist in lotc 

This lore has been denied.
As mentioned before the deity assosciated with this lorepiece has been denied, thus changing the concept. Given aswell, this lorepiece would not survive due to it's very mechanical, D&D-y aspect of not quite being set in stone on what numbers, modifiers, or anything quite means with a combat system that doesn't exist within our current serverscape, rule enforced or not.

In any case thank you for your submission, have a nice day.