The Red Sun Sets [PK]

ColdestPepsi

Brandt Barclay lowers his head as he hears of the veteran's death, his teeth gritting "Fought many battles, and yet it was his own heart that got to him" he paused a bit then "Saint Tylos deliver him."

Aestenia Aevaris sits in her study staring at a jar with a floating eye. "Valah die young in our eyes, at least he had a good life." She sighs and continues writing up her latest report.

Daniel Mackensen would just drink from a bottle of Carrion.

"Can't fuckin' take this shite anymore."

Fyodor Erhdhart sat alone that night, the memory of seeing his close friend and mentor die right before his eyes repeated over and over in his head. Tears would fall upon the letter bearing his name, one of many that Astoro had entrusted him with as he died. Fyodor popped open a Carrion and drink a swig before taking a breath and beginning to write on a piece of paper. As he worked he would mutter "Ye will not be forgotten"

Mio Mackensen sits in his office within the Nikirala palace, taking a long swig of carrion black after hearing news of the passing "All the great ones pass on too soon" He regrettably said, setting the drink down, as he began to stare blankly at the missive for hours on.

Dele had received her letter, ever so sobered by the news of losing the man she'd come to call her son. She spirits away to a quiet spot in the woods and drinks from a bottle of Carrion Black that she remembered him giving her. There beneath that tall silver tree she wept to the sky as the red sun set over the horizon, tears streaming down her freckled face. 

"It is because of this that I survived
as long as I did, constant pushing myself because I knew that
at least one person cared."

Her heart shattered for the thousandth time as she re-read his letter for the thousandth time since receiving it. A mother's love knew no bounds, even when the child wasn't her own. This was not the first time she had to bury her mortal sons that she found in life, rather then by blood. She wanders, crying softly, in the island forests. Silver trees serve as audience to her mournful display as the woman trails barefoot through them, talking as if he were there for now. She processed her grief alone.

"I, well I didn't have
much of a mother for many years. Thank you for being like one when
I needed one most."

The elf tucks her letter back into her coat, settling down at an isolated site she had started to use as a campsite, and quietly prepares something to eat. A small plate made from clay, a cup as well, was left on the stones of the campfire when she left. A silent offering for her fair rosebud, of braised hare and the cup filled with Carrion. She left that place when she was ready, the dawn ticking by and the fire drying the tears on her face. She knew Astoro was safe elsewhere, now, and free from mortal pain... That comforted her in a sort of sobering way.

"Stay safe, mal'ii... I'll be seeing you." 

*Marcus warmly welcomes the fallen soldier, a fellow comrade and battle brother* "So you've come as well.. Astoro.."

God personally welcomes Astoro Jovanosk to the Seven Skies.

yes i have ST permission to play God. take it up with dingo im just doing my job

Aeria cried as she watched her Uncle die, she quickly ran home locking herself in her room as she cried.

Althea, upon receiving the news, began to shed tears. "Another great man fell, Godan have mercy on my poor heart." She prayed that both Darien and Astoro were drinking carrion in the seven skies happily.

Manfred Barclay removed his beret after reading about the news on a letter, he then spared a minute of silence for his retired brother-at-arms.