THE ROYAL ARMY OF HANSETI-RUSKA

THE ROYAL ARMY OF THE KINGDOM OF HANSETI-RUSKA

HIS ROYAL MAJESTY’S 3RD ARMY OF HAENSE

4CKbQOmblALtcPIiMCCihprSlkEJOv-goIIVLKac5kdque2BDvvwcGb3nZBVW0we2rxAMwSb4BiKqJFW7fLNXRs0qV09uqu_jdof92EdO_zwByGDxANs4NgakGU6jRqdvIXuN9MN

Spoiler

“Ea byk zwem zanyotsk ter ea byk denpetravesk.”
"I would have perished had I not persisted."

The 3rd Royal Army of Hanseti-Ruska, colloquially termed the Haeseni Royal Army or "HRA", is the military force which protects the entirety of the Haeseni realm, from the snow clad mountain ranges and rolling northern valleys to the lower riverlands. Despite being centered in the Hanseti-Ruskan capital of Karosgrad, the Haense Royal Army are posted all throughout the Kingdom and along the most travelled roads and the established Haeseni trade routes. The success of the Haense Royal Army is owed to the military excellence of the Hanso-Ruskan culture, an art that has been perfected throughout the four centuries that the Kingdom has endured.

THE OTHAMANIC DOCTRINE

_QZV9kFK2p74q1U4VVr5BxNcqY5CJvrz0xPCV8hvxFrD2wQXZcgk3bUB2GicN7xzSksiAidAs-JHzLRLgRQ742GKPWm3QcMmdGpRJOZEopi_Puc3DkEP5Dzrqqg_ycXgY3FgUTlq

The Haense Royal Army deploying out of New Reza during the Scyfling Invasion, 1770.
C. 1772, by Alexandria Karina Wick [art by @UnBaed]

The Tablet of Tenets that govern the conduct of the men and women of the Haeseni Royal Army, and from where there honour derives.

I: You shall hold no other allegiance, and be pure to your oath. Be not corruptible. 

II: Be calm, strong, polite, and resolute. Show valor in the field, and chivalry at home.

III: Never surrender yourself nor your brothers; bring your honor, or death. 

IV: Triumph through discipline. Submit to this law; First my orders, then myself. 

V: Grasp the purpose of each duty, so you may one day take up the torch of leadership. 

VI: Against an honorable foe, fight with chivalry, but to the dishonorable, extend no quarter. 

VII: Keep true to your people. Offer your life in place of theirs. 

VIII: Be strong, true, and loyal to his Majesty and the Haense Royal Army.

BROTHERHOOD OF SAINT KARL

b139443a3bb99fe068c8d6065976d488.png

The battered Krag following The Sack of Vjorhelm,
C. 1640, by Karl Rauen

The Army consists only of the Brotherhood of Saint Karl, which makes up the entirety of the Haense Royal Army’s infantry.. The lower echelons of the Army throughout the divisions are dressed in chain and light plate, primarily tasked with skirmishing and policing duties. The weathered veterans, however, are armored in heavier plate and mail, acting as a heavy infantry wall to coming assaults and charges. 

The Army also acts as the Kingdom’s policing force during peace times, tasked with upholding the Haurul Caezk, the lawbook of the Haeseni realm,  and the King’s decrees.

Knights of the Crow are required to serve in the Haeseni Royal Army to achieve their knighthood, however their rank and honour of Knight does not affect their standing, duties nor position with the Army.

RANKS

QDQs8RUu42uU49RkzLGHkfTTGyNFKZ5G2h8Sl28ssKLla6Hjt0AuNOa_wztsTELmPIt5fkKyEaEepTeM5pkYAvC5AFjagWcwpYx2WK_a7Heh_JMfV_AZkpsLuE1Uvi11wfrRFBGG

Haeseni infantry holding against Scyfling invaders at the Great Battle of the North
c. 1775

“The man who runs from his enemy lives to see another day. The man who dies for his cause lives forever.”
Osgod Colborn at the Battle of Curon Forest, 1580

Ranks of Command

GREAT CROWN COMMANDANT | HAUCHKOSSIN is the commanding head of the combined forces, a rank held in concert with the Palatine of the Realm, making both the Great Crown Commandant the highest politician and general in the realm, second only to His Majesty as King of the realm. The Great Crown Commandant serves as Marshal of all forces, and while a majority of actual command is arbitrated to the lessers of officership, the Great Crown Commandant holds the highest degree of power among the armed forces. An authority rarely used, only to ensure stability in tumultuous events. He wields the iconic silver bulava and is allowed to display the Karovic Baton upon their heraldry. The current Great Crown Commandant is Sir Konstantin Wick [Xarkly]

LORD MARSHAL | HAUCHMARSKYAL is the penultimate authority of the military, chief general of His Majesty’s armed forces, and in the logiics of the central Royal Army, is de facto first-in-command of all military affairs. It is therefore expected that the Marskyal organizes the majority of duties and tasks to be dispatched to lesser officers, as well as coordinating the establishment of garrisons, patrols, training exercises and other large scale operations. The Hauchmarskyal also serves on His Majesty’s Aulic Council, being held privy to the inner machinations of the Realm. 

The current Hauchmarskyal is Manfred Barclay, The Duke of Reinmar [Coolcod77]

Kd3HBCmOlbkbHErOIL6gci1j_Lv6TKN6FS_VJqmvyanACM2h-2nkJq5W8pomjdgCVXsBNsd6kDopI5T2cggXKgdjrkyKUKh-NzTtyQmEExQc0pcxRfGum3eh7gqFeuSqRVpxokEG

CAPTAIN | OBERNIK is a commissioned officer awarded his own command. Captains often hold considerable sway within His Majesty’s forces, oftentimes dictating the state of morale within the ranks. Stationed within the central command of the Army they are tasked with the directing, arming, maintenance, and training of His Majesty’s forces.

9iOA_z_ktYMorPmbvtFLMb6DNfIjFebT9iD8Sheo3yFojK40YHs80aiS8H5lAMqPKAFlnuqixD-XpWWM5cEiibcqYN7OGajuQzU12tR5mW85MwtFLNpGAuPdIDDqc3yZzttQiLBZ

LIEUTENANT | LEYTNANT is a soldier who has proven a step above his peers. A Leytnant is an example of duty, diligence, competency, and a passion to serve. They are to oversee the behavior of their subordinates beneath them and assist any of their superior officers.

2qf7z-Krf1Z5yDORNEXUGTNXggNsjmHilnV2RsmLjQP11-pQ4JcSyTN3BLzQrnqY2G8SuoTwy-ynpLwBB89nkCVo6CgHDxjzMj6ZGTjaLkb-E2UajyN8HcFafMgY-6-wveMudWbL

Ranks of Foot

"You are Brothers now. Trust the man to your right and to your left, and be ready to give your life for him, for he would do the same without question."
Tarcell Othaman, 1502

SERGEANT | SERZHANT is the toughest of the enlisted men. As a veteran of various battles and wars, they are no stranger to combat, and have earned the respect that comes with the rank. They are armed with the finest equipment, and are expected to take active leadership roles in the Army through training, patrols, and upkeep of the men.

KDtvC6H9kzHapzbM3Ztst9PnTCvAfbt7vtGtsEZBaxtnSSJMvZ7mybtKr8Hx7kq80r4i0e-d2Jk6CMjTxa14av3nBA46pzbsiL8-hpg69TVFDFvbRiXBuEy5_GeFIPXmENdnqVvZ

ARMIGER | BRUSTYA is the veteran of the Army, who neither seek further promotions, or are incapable of receiving such. They typically operate in conjunctions with Sergeants, but bow to their authority in operations. Armigers are expected to lead from the front, take command in the absence of an officer, and be a role model for the men beneath him.

AzNqKzDYC7d3d9krCST5aFfBwWYqVwb-xjJEmmWYXHXBcOVYIS8DEgtzdmPL7dz6VOn28zppvtBFzwAQHCA6ngU7_iRoaIldkpU98O1gWyR8ExMsQsvjrtru83lrtvypszccwJ_2

ARMSMAN | OXTZEN is the tried and tested soldiers of the Army. Each Armsman has proven his mettle in battle, his steel sharp and his heart true. Comprising the bulk of the Army’s forces, it is from the vetted Armsmen that the leaders of tomorrow are selected, and the new steel of the North is tempered.

jKEbDuKZDIXtdDf3j03dH1Yuv3ItxJUGZr_qz-5v0YlB2tm8seIjw45pd-3t6-7Xq9RL0dygNKXVQn0YmKJ7RxQAoHCdpH7NYV7HYeC2IUE73OZbdaGW4i1_oJamu5Er6vGQdCE4

FOOTMAN | NAUSAN consists of the bulk of the Royal Army; men who have passed their Initiate trials and have been deemed worthy by the Hauchmarskyal of being accepted as a fully fledged soldier of the Haeseni Royal Army.

1_nu4Ysg-y-Shix2tIMhvNHCxKgk0p0B0sXO3wJchbzr80J6xg4EnqxvdCj59IWakgV4Vxx4GkhTMKJPELNUxc4sOqLkBr9xLMcro_WQfOoGkKjTGT3dp9KpRH500_g5VU6acq7q

INITIATE | NAUMAAN is a recently volunteered or conscripted soldier, untested in battle and untrained in the art of combat. These recruits are not considered soldiers yet, and will have to undergo a series of tests and trials before they can be promoted to the rank of Footman.

-Liwb0uqiKLKai9vBo-cLOTnh0bsin9e90TTaEiZZzlcX3JDkDV2tYdBHO5raySShX5Du9psbn_37xpExOEo-lsrsIgdxO_enT1ERlp67zDLahgfQYBaMKBqsljk9GtVOZd1gFPp

CADET | NAUIHAUNUV  is a recently recruited soldier under the age of 15 and above the age of 11. They’re  untested in battle, untrained in the art of combat and will be tutored and trained by experienced officers within the army. Cadets will be eligible to be promoted to the rank of footman once they’ve completed their training and have reached the age of maturity. Cadets will not be permitted to engage in combat till they have reached the age of 15. In some cases a cadet will be assigned a soldier to learn under, not unlike a typical squireship.

Specialized Positions

QUARTERMASTER is the man responsible for arming all of His Majesty’s soldiers as per their rank. The Quartermaster ensures that all soldiers requisitions are properly taken care of, as well as replacing broken or unusable equipment.

FIELD MEDIC is a medically trained and certified soldier responsible for the treatement of his injured comrades within the line of duty. They answer directly to the physician, who manages and trains the field medics if necessary.

PHYSICIAN is the officer responsible for the upkeep of soldiers’ health. In the case of disease or other injury from battle, the physician works tirelessly to ensure that the men receive the treatment they need.

CHAPLAIN  is a priest of the Church of the Canon who provides religious guidance for the soldiers in the army. Blessing men before battles, performing funeral rites and other religious ceremonies.

STANDARD-BEARER | FAHNENBAR is entrusted with the sacred honor of bearing the Army’s flag into battle. A model soldier, patriot, and budding leader, these men claim the greatest glory of all, with the Army boasting only three standard bearers.

PAYMENT, HONOURS AND MILITARY DECORATIONS

d312571aa25043f894a8769cf4349546.png

The second Battle of the Rothswood,
c. 1678

The Royal Army of Haense will house, feed and arm all soldiers regardless of rank, as well as maintain appropriate conditions according to rank and stature. Monetary payments are paid by the State on an annual basis, with the payments increasing per rank. Each soldier is to find their salaries within a deposit box of their name, in designated areas.

Those who have reached the Rank of Armiger are entitled to a supplementary issue of housing from designated lands, given at the retirement of said individual. Honorably discharged soldiers are entitled to tax breaks in their properties, and discounts on many other matters. Retiring soldiers are placed into special auxiliary Regiments and will be expected to answer calls in times of enforced conscription during war.

The awards and merits given by the Army are listed below:

GOLDEN CROW OF VALOR, for those who performed beyond what was expected, a miracle through God in service to the Golden Crow of Haense. It is the most supreme of the medals in the Haeseni Royal Army, a medal pinned by His Majesty personally upon its recipient, and additionally granted a sum of minas. The medal is composed of a Golden Crow upon a black field. 

CROSS OF ST. KARL, rarely awarded and not given to those who not only simply die in battle, but only for those who die as a martyr in service of the Kingdom. It is a medal awarded posthumously to the closest of kin. It is a reminder of Saint Karl Barbanov, the progenitor of the Haeseni State. The medal is composed of a Golden Cross, with the initials K.B. inscribed onto it. 

CROSS OF WOLDZMIR, awarded to those who have defended their brothers in faith against tremendous odds while facing those of opposing the religion, the Cross of Woldzmir is named after the famed warrior-woman Saint Emma Vladov and her strategic prowess during the Schismatic Wars of 1490. The medal is composed of a golden Hussariyan cross on a circular white background.

SPARROW’S VALOR, awarded to those who have proven capable in the ability of leading men, Sparrow’s Valor is named after Saint Thomas of Gaekrin, the once Crown Prince of Kaedrin who led countless victories in conquering the Elven State of Malinor and defending against the invading Dwarven Armies in the First Human-Dwarf War. The medal is composed of a black, flying sparrow across a yellow shield.

VYDRIAN BANNER, awarded to those men who rally up and defeat a greater force against all odds. Named after the late Orenian King Andrik Vydra, who took a broken Akovian people and lead them to victory against the violent hordes of Schismatic heretics, Orcish screamers, and Dwarven legionaries, a nearly impossible accommodation to achieve but a great honor. The medal is composed of a red gryphon on a black banner ordained in gold.

BULWARK OF TOBIAS, awarded to those who have shown great acts of valor during a defensive siege, the Bulwark of Tobias is named after the famous defense of Mount Augustus led by Tobias ‘Rosebud’ Carrion during the Orenian Civil War of 1456. The medal is composed of a red and black tower overlaying a grey shield background.

STALWART SWORD, awarded to those who have proven themselves an outstanding and unwavering soldier when it comes to battles against threats both domestic and foreign, on any land that the Haeseni Royal Army might find themselves on. The medal is composed of a golden hilted, silver bladed sword upon a black field.

INFERNAL SCOURGE, awarded to those who actively fought in the military offensive against the invading infernal forces on Arcas, leading to the complete destruction and eradication of said infernal forces. The medal is composed of a sword engulfed in golden orange flames on a dark crimson field.

Domestic service decorations:

LABOR ACHIEVEMENT RIBBON, for those who have worked tirelessly for the maintaining of functionality.

ARMY RECRUITMENT RIBBON, for those who have actively recruited men into the Army.

RESOLVE SERVICE RIBBON, for those who have served a minimum of eight years within the Army.

MEDICAL AID RIBBON, for those who have provided medical aid to soldiers of the Haense Royal Army, can be awarded to both enlisted medicals and external medics.

Miscellaneous service decorations:

KAROSGRAD CROW,  for those who have served within the city of Karosgrad, the city of crows.
REZNIAN ROSE, for those who have served within the city of New or Old Reza, the former capital of Hanseti-Ruska.

OATH OF SERVICE

Z5Lo9a7eCltV3yztDlts1O8Yc7yJ0qzxFoRLm79UkCqdYBgn25MseXOvadExCUMuWiVbJlc9NCaNq332XSkLXUBmgf8tmhZgnwWKhVuxDbilf9seioG36oE0pLFmNgq1sUElTozA

To my left I see my fellow brothers; to the right I see the same.

For all in the world, we fight for the peace of this land.

Through Godan, he gave us stewardship of the realm.

Through stewardship, we gained the knowledge of diligence and prudence.

Through diligence, we may conquer all without fault;

And if I should falter in my course, send me never to the skies above.

If I should succeed, bestow unto me His blessings forevermore.

For, now I march into a valley through which there is no path;

And the stones cascade behind me to seal my retreat.

Though in this valley, I find my Brothers;

Now I am named Guardian of my Homeland.

Should I falter, my shield shall turn to ash; 

But I shall not falter.

- The Oath of Saint Karl

ENLISTMENT

ijCBAAOhmBDyw_DXgAqfcDG-TS4mRYdsru8MphdBBb7r2SZQ1Nlq6Zs-GWhPn6f_SLHvH-THLv_AZIZHndz7CYTHQVIsPWFp-JNWZrN5pDd3l8YFgKv_m8d0AL863vVlTnzacas7

A wounded soldier at the Battle of the Wickwood
c. 1768

The Army accepts all who have a desire to serve both King and Country, the one requirement being that they have seen a minimum of 15 winters. Those of younger age are to contact the marshal directly to apply for the rank of cadet.

ENLISTMENT APPLICATION FOR THE 3RD ROYAL ARMY

Full Name:

Date of Birth

Place of Birth:

Address [N/A if none]:

Race:

Bloodline [Commoner/Noble/Former Noble/Royal]:

Reason for Enlisting:

[Username: ]

[Discord: ]

AsZMrTb8hZV-VLd-ogdeM6vAXais36iFlU_eECXLp1XOXdi14eW-lSFw58rueI1yDqb4a-mQSbxR9HRjcj3-aw2c6VRO_Y4Q9UOUz4iKIt-pm9XRdU8cG1PSRG2r-NIWIk7mf9Tf

Edited by Kingdom of Haense

Aerius Arkin reads over a copy  of the paper before rolling it into a blunt. "Royal army of Haense!? Sounds like a cheap rip off of the Haense Royal Army!"

"The chaplains are what we need !" Father Alfred says with a chuckle, nodding happily at the poster.

Edited by repl1ca

Full Name: Micaiah Rutledge

Date of Birth: 1775

Place of Birth: Old Rutledge Freehold, Arcas

Address [N/A if none]: St Karl's 1

Race: Farfolk (Southeron)

Bloodline [Commoner/Noble/Former Noble/Royal]: Commoner

Reason for Enlisting: I want to serve my country in the most honorable way possible. By protecting our country.

[Username: ] ___South___

[Discord: ] Cutie South#9219

"Let's hope the new army brings in new numbers, und high ones at that" said Brandt Barclay with the smile of a proud Haeseni and soldier.

Full Name: Miklail Kortrevich

Date of Birth: 1783

Place of Birth: Korstadt

Address [N/A if none]: Koenastriet V R

Race: Highlander

Bloodline [Commoner/Noble/Former Noble/Royal]: Noble

Reason for Enlisting: "To bring honour to my family, and country. And to better my own skills."

[Username: twixandoreo1 (On my Alt)  ]

[Discord: Evonpire#0044 ]

Full Name: Tom McGregor

Date of Birth: 1775

Place of Birth: Providence 

Address [N/A if none]: N/A

Race: Heartlander

Reason for Enlisting: "This country took me in and cared for me when my own had nothing to offer. I'd be honored to serve it in this way." 

[Username: ] madcawlos

[Discord: ] madcawlos#5211

Full Name: Magnus Colborn

Date of Birth: The records have been destroyed, but it would be about 30 years ago.

Place of Birth: A farmstead outside of New Reza.

Race: Human

Reason for Enlisting: To keep an old promise. 

[Username: ] birdnerdy

[Discord: ] birdman#9444

Full Name: Koen Grayeson

Date of Birth: 1787

Place of Birth: Haense

Race: Human

Reason for Enlisting: "To be of use, and to find a place for myself"

[Username: ] zbqueen

[Discord: ]

Edited by zbqueen

Full Name: Gregory Alexeyev Bazin

Date of Birth FA 1780

Place of Birth: Haense, Arcas.

Address: Lerald Lane VII

Race: Highlander

Reason for Enlisting: To serve my country, and defend it.

[Username:] Tulan

[Discord:] Tulan #7704

Full Name: James Peregrin

Date of Birth: 1769

Place of Birth: Haelun'or

Race: Halfling

Reason for Enlisting: To protect the people of Haense, and make myself useful.

[Username: __Clocky]

[Discord: Tha_Mystery_Boy#8001]

Full name: Asphodel Chubb

Date of birth: FA 1776

Place of birth: Unknown

Address: Pine street IV

Race: Halfling

Bloodline: Commoner

Reason for enlisting: Money, learning defense and protection strategies and I'm looking into knighthood.

OOC:

Username: CopOwl

Discord: CopOwl#9721

Full Name: Sigmar Voron Baruch

Date of Birth: SA 10

Place of Birth: Valwyck Castle

Address [N/A if none]: Valwyck Castle

Race: Human, Waldenian. Highlander.

Bloodline [Commoner/Noble/Former Noble/Royal]: Noble

Reason for Enlisting: To defend my family and my homeland from the Imperial aggression.

[Username: ] Pantathian

[Discord: ] Tulan #7704

Edited by Tulan

Full Name: Elena Morrow

Date of Birth: SA 45

Place of Birth: Unknown

Race: Human, Adunian.

Reason for Enlisting: Find a place for myself and learn more about warfare & combat.

[Username: far1ca]

[Discord: farica#5814]