Yielding Command

Kalehart

Ellisar Aevaris was handed a copy of the letter by a passing citizen while standing outside the city's gatehouse. Though the contents of the letter were not news to him, the official nature of the letter brought it home. His commander was moving on to other things, the one commander he had known for his decades of service within the Sillumiran. The commander who had led Ellisar and all the soldiers of Haelun'or into battle against infernal legions and seen them through it. The commander who had seen fit to give Ellisar a career he loved. He hoped that Celiasil would enjoy his well earned rest, and he hoped that the Sillumiran would strive to remain worthy of their now retired Okarir'tir.

A distant kinsman peruses the resignation alone in some sequestered chamber, donning a callous yet amused grin.

"I do wonder, Celiasil. What fervent passions have compelled you stray from the Titan's grace... are they truly worth it?"

Divkinael Zelios stands in front of the Dio Astore apartment complex. He discusses the logistics of the armory when a Sillumiran dispatch is given to him from the compound. A frown emerges on the Divkinael's face upon seeing the courier, expecting the contents inside. He reluctantly unfurls the order, breaking the seal. His eyes widen upon seeing the title, "Yielding Command."  His hands grip the copy of the missive harshly, as he continues to read through the contents. The Divkinael mutters to himself, "he... actually left us... A black day for all of Elcihi."

Looking at Elpidius @Imperfectionist and Hektor @JK_Bizcuits,  "comrades… come with me." 

He absent-minded walks up to the second floor of the building after muttering out the news to the two beside him. He knocks on doors four and five to alert his fellow comrades of the news. "Sillumir Kolvar @Eden DayDusk, Sillumir Glynfir @CrymsonBlade, Halerir Finnick @SkrtSkrt3231, Halerir Alto @JusticeKing."  The elf stops for a moment, grief overtaking him. "Our Okarir'tir, Celiasil Uradir has resigned from his position. The elf who had fought the servants of Iblees, the first descendent who breached the walls of the Inferi camp..” He stops once more, finishing his announcement of the news, “he no longer holds all the woes of the city on his shoulders. We are now the ones responsible. Let us make sure his legacy is upheld. Training in two Elven days lliran.”

Kolvar would open her door to see Divkineal Zilios, Elpidius, and Hektor standing outside. Upon hearing the news that the Okarir'tir would be resigning, she would frown as she would remember her first encounter with him back in Arcas. Though they rarely had conversation after that, she still respected him and admired his dedication within the Sillurmir.

Edited by Eden DayDusk

“Hm, the flamed haired Mali my Haelun introduced for me... how interesting.” Alyssa Seregon would say, preparing for her 50th birthday.

Sillumir Elpidius stands in the front of his apartment building, discussing logistics with Divkinael Zelios' @SacredSource. As a Sillumiran dispatch arrives with a message for Zelios, Elpidius stops speaking about stockpiles and supplies as the Divkinael reads.  Noticing the corners of Zelios' mouth begin to drift downward, Elpidius wonders just what the paper could read.  Elpidius' thoughts were interrupted when the Divkinael breaks the silence: "He...actually left us...a black day for all of Elcihi. Comrades...come with me."  Following Zelios up the stairway of the apartment building, Elpidius knows what the Divkinael means, but cannot believe it for himself.  With each of Zelios' raps on the doors of the second floor of the apartment, Elpidius steels himself.  He opens his mouth to speak, but Zelios' words cut him off: "Our Okarir'tir, Celiasil Uradir has resigned from his position."  The words ring in Elpidius' ears.

As Zelios goes on speaking, Elpidius does not hear him. All that he can think about is of the times he had spent with Celiasil--the few fleeting moments in Arcas.  Elpidius remembers their chance encounters in the street, the words that the Okarir'tir spoke before all of the Sillumiran, and the commander's orders on the battlefield.  Elpidius closes his eyes shut, as if he were a scared child.  He shakes his head; first slowly, but soon he loses track of just how quickly his head is turning to either side.  His breathing hastens, his nostrils visibly dilating and constricting faster and faster.  Then, the shaking stops; the breathing stops; his eyes open.  Finally, Elpidius manages to stammer out: "Ne, ne, ne that can ne be."  His voice grew louder and bolder with each word, but the shakiness in its timbre betrayed him.

Ashamed of himself, Elpidius turns away from the group huddled in the hall and looks out the window of the building.  He lowers his head, his eyes following one of the great gates of Karinah'siol down to the ground.  Every time he blinks, his eyes find themselves fixed on something new: the white snow, the yellow sunflowers, the blue banner of Haelun'or. Elpidius closes his eyes once more, but this time, they remain sealed.  He raises his arms, pressing the cold metal of his gauntlets into his face.  As the metal warms up, Elpidius realizes just how hot his face has become.  All the realization serves to do is make the high elf close his eyes tighter, scrunching up his face in the process.  Then, the first tears leak from Elpidius' eyes, finding its way down onto his gauntlets, and then onto the ground.  Elpidius' shoulders begin to heave upwards as the tears truly begin flowing from his face.  He opens his mouth, gulping for air through his gauntlets.  A noise starts to emanate from Elpidius.  At first, it sounds like the high elf is out of breath, but it soon becomes an obvious high drone punctuating by sharp inhalations.  The tears do not stop.  Elpidius leans forward, moving his hands from his face to instead prop himself up on the window.  The high elf can be seen and heard crying from down on the street below.

Edited by Imperfectionist

Upon hearing the news being repeated in the markets, the old Akritian’s eyes water. Hektor the Wise yells out, “in all my years, never before have I witnessed, through ancient texts nor mine own sight, a knife ear, nay, a high elf with such....” The human looks down at his hand, trying to find his line. He soon sniffles out, “Virtue.... Oh lo and behold, a hero of the Silver City! A ladykiller, a demon slayer, a ginger. Gods or whatever higher being be out and about, rolling the dice of fate. So far, a natural twenty you have bequeathed unto him. May you still give out a natural twenty to your favorite pawn as he goes his own way!” He yells out one last time, “LONG LIVE CELIASIL URADIR.” 

After finishing his speech, Hektor retreats to his workshop, collecting his payment for his generous support. 

Divkinael Zelios turns away from his comrades. A sniffle is forced out of the Divkinael. He coughs heavily before stammering out, “van’ayla lliran. You are dismissed.” He walks off to the workshop. His sabaton clangs against the floor loudly, each step exerting more force than the next. The elf angrily tears down a barrel containing his stash of alcohol. A modest supply lays before him, but his eyes are immediately diverted to one specific bottle. A bottle of Pruvian Port, Vintage 1767 lays clearly visible among the rest of the filth. His trembling hands take possession of the bottle, the only item that can possibly bring some relief in the situation. The elf quickly uncorks the bottle of his favorite vintage and takes a five second pull. The world around him seemed to slow down with grief overtaking him once more.

Tears drip down his face as he drinks alone in the workshop. He recounts Celiasil’s courageous charge towards the Inferi camp. The fearless commander that was able to run through Mali’Flame unscathed to meet the enemy in battle. Rows upon rows of Inferi grunts fell to the elf’s flaming blade of purity. The ginger elf seemed unstoppable. In fact, the Okarir’tir is unstoppable. Only stopping his service on his own accord for his own reasons.

The alcohol finally sinks into his system. His cries grow louder with each passing one. His tears continue streaming down his cheeks and drip onto his cloak of the Silver State. “Oh Larihei! We have lost you! Now we have lost your greatest servant!”

A line echoes in Zelios’ mind. A line his comrades have repeated many times. He yells out, “LONG LIVE CELIASIL URADIR. MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA!” The wails of the Divkinael are added to the growing number of cries within the city. 

At that moment, Hektor returns to the workshop. A sack of mina awaits the human for his loyalty to the state.

Glynfir took the news delivered by Zelios with a solemn nod and a collected demeanor. When Zelios departed however, he retreated within his apartment. Pouring himself a drink of ale, he raised it towards the window that granted him a view of the horizon. "Here's to you then, sir. We are more alike than I realized at first. Though we clashed at first, you became the one I've looked to in the worst of times. You never gave up on me, even when I had given up on myself. I wish you nothing but peace and happiness. Silver and Blue. Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya!" Usually a man of few words, Glynfir found himself moved at the resignation. He would spend a fair amount of time brooding afterwards. Old memories flooding back.

Sillumir Kolvar watches as Divkineal Zelios departs from the apartment floor. She glances over to see Elpidius huddled by the window crying, she cant help but hear the cries from the elf. Forming two fists in each hand, she walks back into her apartment slamming the door behind her. The elfess would make her way to the bar and sit next to Finnick with tears in her eyes she rests her head on the countertop. Muffled cries with gasps of air in between could be heard from her, she would then unclench her fists nd rest them on the countertop. 

The muffled cries would stop for a brief moment as she screamed  "LONG LIVE CELIASIL URADIR. MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA!! The scream could be heard a few blocks away as the elfess is clearly distraught about the news.

Ikur Sullas, Maheral and First Comedian of Haelun'or, squints at the missive. He nods, following the logic and appreciating the earnestness.

"No mention of my pranks! Disappointing!" he ultimately concludes.

To the drawing-board he returns.

Divkinael Aeth'sulier was sitting quietly in his office, his desk full of papers like usual. His eyes read the lines, his view clouded by some tears in his eyes, the letters became more and more blurry. After whiping away tears numerous times the elf reached the end of the letter. While the letter got through to him he was just staring at the papers on the desk. 

"I-I-I cant believe it. After over two decades of loyal service whitin our forces, he now is just, just gone? After our countless battles he led us through. And oh so many victories. He was okarir'tir for us all, making it his mission to safekeep all of us, for us Haelun'orians. He will be missed for his bravery, endurance, leadership and constancy." The Divkinael then stood up and fastly whiped his tears before making his way towards the other Sillumiran. "Lliran, most of you have already heared, but our beloved okarir'tir is stepping down. I do not need to tell you what tragedy this is. In honour of Celiasil I believe that he deserves a proper farewell party to show him how much we appriciate his work and dedication he put into our forces."

Alluin received the note in silence, a barely visible smile appearing when he read the resignation. Celiasil may have had promise or talent, but his open tendency to impurity was a blemish on all of elsillumiran. He vaguely noticed Zelios' voice further away, slightly surprised at the open sympathy of his friend to a 'thill who was clearly defying maehr'sae hiylun'ehya. This, however, seemed not the right moment to address that. The time would come. 

One impure less, however, does not make a nation pure. There was still much work to be done.

Maenor would, with no apparent interest, read through the missive. As he did so, he seemed to display no actual reaction to the news and, after finishing, he would take a step back and, hands clasped behind his back, stare at the piece of paper in silence. He would then threaten to smile, a sight terrible to behold by those that knew him well. Maenor would then pierce the silence with a tone so cold that one would with difficulty discern any joy "Finally, some good news at last." he would then pause to inhale deeply "Let us hope that the next Okarir'tir has an understanding of Maehr'sae Hiylun'ehya beyond that of a Valah toddler." he would utter at last, although seemingly with very little hope. He would then turn and stroll away from the board while meditatively looking into the ground, the many steps leading to San'evarir looming ahead of him.