Yielding Command

Kalehart

The newly elected Okarir would read the missive as she sat on her front porch, observing the sudden snowfall as she pulled her Buttermint tea and wool blanket close to her. "I can barely recall a time when Celia was ne Okarir." She commented, pausing to sip her tea. "He deserves his rest. Fighting for so long is ne as rewarding as one may think. Perhaps I shall bake a cake." She mused to herself. Wrinkling her nose as a gust of wind pushed the ever-falling snow in her direction, she would shuffle back into her home. 

Halerir Lei received the news as well. She did not react particularly strongly - no yelling, or crying from her side. She instead just nodded slowly as she processed the information. "Hm," she then ended up uttering quietly to herself, "Much can be said about him, and I do not agree with all that he has done.. But I suppose I don't have to, in order to respect what he has done as Okarir'tir. He was a good commander in battle, after all. A good leader. And, in hindsight, I can't blame him for not letting me go off to battle again at seventeen, much to my frustration back then," she murmured with a chuckle. "I hope our next Okarir'tir will be as good. Or better, even." 

An unsuitably dressed for the harsh weather mali'aheral climbed up the 56 steps he learned to dread and respect over the last few months. There, laying atop a thick layer of dust, a single folded note greeted him from the reception desk. Having been left deprived of his precious books, Khaeryr Leverys rushed to the letter, giggling and gasping in anticipation of something to READ.

The abundant text was somewhat blurred from what appeared like... teardrop stains? Several important parts could only be interpreted from the context, which the disquieted bookkeeper happily did. The bittersweet valediction took him on a journey of nostalgia, sadness and wistful melancholy. Then, upon a third time reading the damn thing, he finally managed to notice who the author was. The revelation left him only perplexed as he frowned and un-frowned upon the parchment.

"Well I'll be damned, the mali in question actually resigned himself. Huh..." mumbled Khaeryr under his breath as he studied the wet note some more "Change is not bad, different is good." he lowered the scrap down, revealing the somber sight of empty, spider-infested bookshelves before him. "Or, at the very least, it certainly means not the same."

@KronugiN Seth having come down the stairs of the San'evarir, just as Khaeryr had finished the sentence. "Khaeryr, have you started to speaking to yourself?" He asked as he notice the elf being alone. The younger elf would then proceed to show Seth the missive, noting the author which Seth quietly read and pondered for a moment. "Seems like we have made small waves, maybe- Also, don't worry. Not unhealthy to talking to oneself." He elf sighed as he put down the missive on the reception desk. "I wonder if we can have oem Okarir'tir which follows the obvious laws this time?" Khaeryr quietly grumbled something illegible over Seth's comments.