A Guide to New Marian

Eryane

Yuliya Styrne - better known perhaps by her famous pen name Bianca La Fleur - purchases a copy of the guide at her local bookshop. Despite being a native of Haense, she grew up in a small port town where the New Marian tongue was not often spoken. 

"Perhaps it's time I learned properly," she muses as she leafs delicately through the pages with her fire-scarred hands. 

Wejtrav seno dylevar dennenae zwien thumbs oberei. (OOC :This is so cool and forgive me for likely butchering that sentence)

@Eryane

”Dear Ms. Ruthern,

I commend you on your efforts in attempting to chronicle the history of the New Marian language. However, there are some mistakes I wish to address, and hopefully have them corrected.

The language did not ‘advance’ under Otto II, but it was by the joint work of King Stefan, St Heinrik ((FloopTroop)), and Lord Colborn ((Julius55)) that the tongue first emerged. It was under Stefan that New Marian was made the national tongue, and it was by St Heinrik’s stern leadership that fully adapted the burgeoning royal army of those days into a New Marian structure.

Also, I have never seen any translation of the Canon Scrolls into New Marian. I do not believe any King Otto Scroll actually exists. And if it did exist, it most likely came from the translating efforts of Lord Kortrevich ((Quinn)) much later in time than by any order of an Ottonian monarch. Also, if anyone was to reform New Marian into a proper lingua orenica and not a script of formalities, it would be Robert I (who you aptly mention before) and not Otto II. 

As I stated, I give congratulations on your work and hope for the best in your literary career.

Sincerely,

Otto the Tarcharman”

Alfred Barclay, reviewing the books to be placed on the empty shelves of the library, comes to this work "Naumariav guide- Ich went through this book several times..Ich should once again, also recommend to the family .." The priest laughed pleasantly, putting the book in now a fuller shelf.

Ser Brandt Barclay would begin writing a letter to both Irena C. Ruthern ( @Eryane) and the renown scholar Otto "the Tarcharman" ( @yopplwasupxxx)

"Your Excellency Irena vas Ruthern / Respected Otto "the Tarcharman",

Upon read through the dictionary of New Marian, which you have had a hand at reviving to its modern use, I noticed there was not a word for 'steel', even though it is quite a common word used in everyday speech, especially in the context of our great kingdom. Additionally, seeing the situation under a blacksmith's point of view, I believe including such a word in the dictionary would prove to be helpful.

As such, I would suggest the word of 'Staal' /ˈstɑl/ to be implemented. Following newer examples of implemented words - such as "Striet" for street - such a word would be easy to catch on and be used in this day and age, whilst retaining its Marian, or at least pseudomarian influence, with the double vowel "aa" also being seen used in Marian or other languages its derived from as well. I hope you approve of my suggestion.

GOD be with you,

Ser Brandt Barclay."

EdLf0DM.png

Pelym-Vagil Rivers spits out his drink, having skimmed the new marian guide and only now noticing the dictionary part. He looks at his songs and poems, wondering what the hell sort of accent has he been speaking til now. 

((OOC: I LITERALLY - CREATED LIKE 30+ WORDS AND ONLY NOW NOTICED THE DICTIONARY PART MAN!))