A Letter of Timely Resignation

Hobolympic

The hour was early as an Irongut beardling shuffled about in Kal'Darakaan, depositing letters into the mail boxes of all Council Members and Clan Lords alike; their homes scattered across the city. The small beardling's footsteps echoed in the palace halls as he neared the Grand King's own quarters, personally handing the final letter to one of His Majesty's personal retinue, before scampering away. The letters would all read as follows:

With this letter I, Balek Irongut, son of Thrag Irongut & Grandson of Hiebe Irongut, hereby resign my position as Grand Architect of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan. I do this not with a heavy heart, but with a great hope for the future. The Grand Kingdom is stronger than ever; its citizenry all sharing in its success as of late, in spite of the unfortunate and tragic events taking place prior to our new arrival. With such times of grandeur, it is only fitting that the old make way for the young to carry on our ancient legacy.

Nearing my six-hundredth year, I have come to the realization that my body, whether through old age and hard work, or my centuries of delving into the voidal arts, as is the right of the Irongut Clan, is no longer fit to carry on as it has in its younger years. A Grand Architect also needs time, and that is time I simply do not possess any longer. I seek now to live out my retirement in Dunheim, where I shall resign myself to a peaceful and humble life, and be ever closer in the presence to our Gods. But life is family, and as long as I still hold breath, I shall never abandon my kin. While I do now resign mine government position, I do foresee a more active role as Elder of Clan Irongut; to share and pass on my knowledge and experience to the younger generation. And should the council ever wish for my insight on a matter, so too shall I oblige.

I want to thank the Council and His Majesty for the opportunity to serve the kingdom once more, and hope the restoration of Kal'Darakaan will provide sufficient shelter for the decades, or centuries to come.

ce66b8bf5dbf5af3a41a1b0fcab1271f.png

Spoiler

(( Going to spend Christmas away and with family, and writing my bachelor next semester, so I'm cutting down on mineman RP responsibilities. That being said, I'm not leaving and will still be playing regularly. And Balek's just an old-ass dude at this point, so he's probably gonna enjoy some time-off as well ))

"Such high standards you leave in your wake Balek, Urguan has been blessed to have your work!" an old grumbling dwarf would say to himself upon reading through Dimlin's mail.

Dhaen Grandaxe mournfully polishes the golden frame surrounding the painted portrait of Balek hanging in the Palace corridors. She resolves to visit him sometime.