A Missive of Blue and White

_Indy

*a missive, trimmed in blue and white, is nailed to the great doors of Kal'Darakaan, an iron nail piercing the top of the vellum. The script is handwritten, the bottom signed simply in the runes of old...*

LFtpmKp.png

It has come to my attention that a great many things have been said, and shall continue to be conversed, about my dear clan, Azwyrtrumm. We Frostbeards have a tumultuous history within the lands of Urguan, a reputation rightly earned. We have led our race to its greatest heights, and some of its lowest depravities. I myself was privy to, and had a literal hand in some of our most egregious of sins; my hands were once wet with the blood of our kin. It is for this reason that I write this missive: not to celebrate the sins of the past, but to solemnly remember the deeds, both good and ill, of myself and my forebears.

I make no apologies for following the commands at the behest of my clan father, Verthaik, as such actions are demanded by the laws of our clan. My only sympathies lay for the thousands of my dead kin, who in part by my actions were cut down by a senseless civil war, driven by the allure of power and resentment among brothers. A great many lives, nay the totality of our race was thrown into chaotic upheaval. To deny that the blame for these atrocities lay squarely and solely at the feet of the Clan Frostbeard is to deny the truth. To call those Frostbeards who set out with Verthaik as “Blackfists” is foolish at best and an outright lie at worst. The laws of our clan are absolute: “The Clan Father’s Word is Final”. In point of fact, by that logic alone, any Frostbeard who defied the word of Verthaik, the rightful Clan Father of the Frostbeards in his time, would themselves be the traitorous outcasts we have been painted to be. Re-writing the histories of the clan doesn’t change the events that occurred, as some of us are still alive to remember, and willing to speak out on the truth, that it was all of us, Clan Frostbeard, who perpetuated these acts, not some dismissible scapegoats called the "Blackfists".

I won’t let the sins of the past define my dreams for the future. I will tell all who will hear, in full detail, of the dark times of the Dwarvern Civil War, of our misdeeds in the Frostbeard Rebellion. I will remember, for the sake of our fallen kin, what my clan has laid bare, a lesson for every dwed of every age: we are stronger together than we will ever be apart. Ever since the Fall of Urguan and the victory of the Kingdom of Kaz’Ulrah all those years ago, I have travelled the roads of our various lands, seeking wisdom and redemption for my deeds. I swore, upon our 'victory', that I would never raise my hands against my kin so long as I live, and I have kept that oath ever since. My exile was brought out of shame, for the actions of my clan, and for the sins on my heart. But no matter how dark our misdeeds may have been, I still carry my Frostbeard name. I do this, for I know, just as every other dwed in the Realm of Urguan, that to be a Frostbeard is more than just touting your personal achievements and dismissing your faults. It is to bear them all, the good and the ill, unfiltered and unfettered, so that the future generations might learn from our past to build a better, harmonious future.

I shall continue my search for redemption, and will continue to do work for the glory of our race, such that our story shall continue on to the next generation of dwed, until the end of times may come and we all be judged and auctioned by the Brathmordakin.

OviF40X.png

LFtpmKp.png

*the vellum would flutter silently on the great door, its blue and white trim a stark contrast to the weathered oak...*

Edited by _Indy

Azkel Frostbeard would shake his head, unable to not cringe at his words. He would then immediately pen a response to his words, writing "Everything you write has no standing today. The Frostbeard Clan members of today were never apart of Kaz'Ulrah, and have continuously fought their use of the name since Ulrah's creation. We call them Blackfists because all of Verthaik's line was disowned prior to Ulrah as his father was disowned by Rhewen on the realm of Vailor. I do not blame the common dwed following orders, they were brainwashed by the false teachings of leadership to hate Urguan for its 'crimes' against the Clan, when in reality the only crime committed was not allowing a power hungry narcissist to become Grand King. Yet from what you speak, you act as though all of the Frostbeard Clan was united, and that we arent taking responsibility for our history. Yet this was not my history, this was not Rhewen's history, this was not any of our line's history. We have fought Ulrah tooth and nail our entire lives, their actions do not represent us or our actions. I have taken responsibility for not being able to stop this from happening, it is something that weighs heavily on myself and Rhewen constantly. Yet the Frostbeard Clan was alive and well outside of Ulrah, and it is those members that are continued to be seen today. I believe that you may have your history mixed up and I would be happy to discuss further with you, as I am not sure what you were told under Ulrah, but as we all know, it was far from the truth."

- Azkel Frostbeard, Clan Father of The Frostbeard Clan

A small response is tacked under the missive in one location.

"The prosperity enjoyed today by the Dwedmar is a result of the revolutionary spirit of the Frostbeard clan and wresting control of the Khazadmar from the stagnant Arcadian overlords of the old Grand Kingdom. Our current Grand King Jorvin Starbreaker, and Utak Ireheart before him, two of the best leaders I can recall, were able to develop their skills and a willingness to make bold decisions only because they were not pressured into uniformity by the Arcadian bloat throughout their lives. I agree that the Kaz'Ulrah Frostbeards were genuine Frostbeards, but I disagree that their revolution was some great sin against the Khazadmar; the tree of the Dwedmar must be watered occasionally by the blood of patriots and gerontocrats to stay strong and avoid subjugation by our fellow descendants, in keeping with Yemekar's Balance. So take heart, and dwell not on the kinslaying of those turbulent years, but on the newer, stronger fruit that grew from their sacrifice." 

-Officer Grudgebeard

Edited by ryno2

11 minutes ago, ryno2 said:

"The prosperity enjoyed today by the Dwedmar is a result of the revolutionary spirit of the Frostbeard clan and wresting control of the Khazadmar from the stagnant Arcadian overlords of the old Grand Kingdom. Our current Grand King Jorvin Starbreaker, and Utak Ireheart before him, two of the best leaders I can recall, were able to develop their skills and a willingness to make bold decisions only because they were not pressured into uniformity by the Arcadian bloat throughout their lives. I agree that the Kaz'Ulrah Frostbeards were genuine Frostbeards, but I disagree that their revolution was some great sin against the Khazadmar; the tree of the Dwedmar must be watered occasionally by the blood of patriots and gerontocrats to stay strong and avoid subjugation by our fellow descendants, in keeping with Yemekar's Balance. So take heart, and dwell not on the kinslaying of those turbulent years, but on the newer, stronger fruit that grew from their sacrifice." 

-Officer Grudgebeard

Azkel, an individual who was neither an Arcadian or an Ulrah Blackfist, is absolutely horrified by Grudgebeard's willingness to allow kinslaying

24 minutes ago, ryno2 said:

-Officer Grudgebeard

High Prophet Norli Starbreaker defers to the history of the people who actually created the foundation of Modern Urguan, and writes his own response.

It is in my opinion an absolute disgrace that any khazad who supposedly honors and respects the Grand King would attribute his success to the Frostbeards of Kaz'Ulrah who openly feuded with him and threatened him, and likewise any who would claim him the successor of Arcadia clearly knows not the wrongs Irongrinders have done upon Starbreakers in the past.

Let your damned grudges die with the past, they are done. Modern Urguan is not the successor to your failed states but their bane. The beardlings of yesteryear built this nation brick and mortar with their own sweat and blood while the feuding of Kaz'Ulrah and Arcadia against each other are the thing that shattered us in the first place. To bring them back up at every opportunity ought to be seen as damned Treason, and that goes for all of you.

NARVAK OZ URGUAN, NARVOK OZ BRATHMORDAKIN