It's Time to Say Goodbye

bravery

While I doubt a good amount of people on this site know me, I figure I should make this post for the ones who do know me, and actually enjoy my presence.

At this time, I will be taking my leave from the server due to a number of high-stress reasons, and until I know there's been a change made, a genuine change, I won't be returning.

This server has been a good source of my happiness the past few months, but it's also been a good source of immense stress, with being stalked, harassed, sent threats, blatantly ignored by staff members when reporting users, dealing with pedophiles (we all know Internal...), dealing with "friends" who don't give a single damn about my mental health, the whole Settlement Issue™... I just need to leave, but not so quietly as to not say anything to my friends.

As I'm sure a good few of you will miss Vivian Maelstorm-O'Cathain, a good lot of you won't even know who she was. And that's okay.
Vivian was a jeweler and smith who lived in Talon's Grotto, going from the name Evelyn, to Eibhlin af Orvar, to Vivian Maelstorm, to Vivian Maelstorm-O'Cathain, being happily married with three kids.

But it's time to shelf her, Solana Ashdown, and Lysithea von Ordelia, and scrap the ideas I had for writing lore.

But now, it's onto the juicy bits of info that people really care about.

I'm sure we all know [REDACTED FOR AVOIDANCE OF MY GOODBYE POST BEING DELETED] whatever username she decides to use today.

And I'm sure we all know about her moderation application, her half-assed apology, and how she's driven numerous users off this server, how she's harassed users, gaslit people, and hurt others.

But I'm sure that VERY FEW of you know some of the things she's done that went way overboard. Like telling a stalker somebody's new, private discord, where the stalker and victim had no servers in common. Where she egged on the harassment of a victim of (yes, real life) sexual assault. Where she claimed to be said victim's best friend, and then began to date the victim's sexual assailant. Where she claimed to care about the victim's feelings, then told the victim it was their fault for being sexually assaulted and that their assailant was depressed because of the victim not wanting to be around them. Where she then proceeded to gaslight said victim by saying that she "never" said that, and that the victim knew nothing. That the victim was lying. Was framing said assailant. Was making up stories about said assailant despite the victim bringing very obvious proof into show. Then, attempting to befriend said victim after she and the assailant broke up, and then saying that the victim had no idea what the assailant was like, and how the victim didn't know what it was like to be used, and abused, by said assailant.

And I'm sure that very, very few of you know very little of how she nearly drove this member to suicide by harassing them, by telling their stalkers the victim's new discord, where the stalker brought up the member's problems with mental health, mocked said mental health problems, mocked self harm, accused the member of lying, and called the member a crazy [WORD THAT SHOULD NOT BE USED ON THIS SITE]

I'm sure very few of you also know that said member reported these users numerous times, but due to the bias that some staff members have regarding these two people, they've been allowed to stay. Even despite proof, despite screencaps, despite calling, despite begging for the staff to do something.

But that's okay. You all know now. 
I'm not accusing current staff of anything regarding these situations. It was a staff member who was recently let go who refused to do anything, and I understand that is not the current head-admin's fault. I'm not mad at the current admins or mods. In fact, the current mods have done their best regarding private reports lately, and I'm glad to know a few of them take these reports seriously. It's nice to know that people care.

Though I wonder if you know about said sexual assailant? He's been banned permanently, thankfully! Though a lot of people, including [REDACTED] will say that it was a shitty thing of the victim to do, to report him with evidence of him admitting his sexual assault, with evidence of the restraining order said victim had to get against him, with telling his former best friend about his assault...

And I wonder if some of the users know about a pedophile [REDACTED FOR EXPLICIT MATERIAL] But he's banned! I think. I hope. Last I heard, he got a three month ban.

I understand I'm being petty, but it is a goodbye post, of course I'm going to be slightly salty about the things I've endured on this server, whether by the fault of staff, members, or other.

I'm sorry for leaving my friends. But you all have my discord if you need me.

I might be back, I do love the community I've gotten to know. But I'm not sure.

I hope things get less stressful for you. Good luck in the future, I'll try to message you on discord more and hope you don't go inactive there or delete it.

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience in the server and I wish you good luck in the real life. This server can be stressful sometimes and sadly there are indeed a few toxic people (and pedos as you've mentioned) that ruin this experience but most of us are just normal people who like to roleplay and have fun. 

Have a good day and I hope to see you back in the server one day 🙂

TL;DR

It truly be a bruh moment.

I haven't known you for long, but the times we have talked, you haven't ever been mean to me. 

I hope you find yourself some joy, since you are probably not going to be on LOTC for a while™

Indeed this server can be stressful and there are some 'odd' people on this place.