9 Year AMA - Disco

DISCOLIQUID

This was my first account on lord of the craft. I've had a few, but this was my very first. I shall now tell you the story of Rithis and Grakka, one that very few ears have ever been privvy to know.

When I first joined LotC I was pretty stupid, and I still am. My first character, I wanted nothing more than to be a Druid in Aegis. However, because SerenityOnyx did not like me, my first account was placed on the Druidic shun list - I was the second person to ever be shunned by the Druids. I was crestfallen, so I made a second account, but not before doubling down to enact a terrible plan. I went back on Rithis and slew Archdruid Petyr in cold blood, elevating my shun to KoS. Purposefully 😉

Once I had this account whitelisted, I began to play Grakka the Orc. I was still aiming for Druidism, I bid my time and completed my dedicancy and undertook my grand trial. For my grand trial, I logged onto both my minecraft accounts, staged a fake kidnapping of Rithis by Grakka, and then sacrificed Rithis in front of the Druids in order to become Sand Druid Grakka. I was the first Druidic Orc. Now, after this, I was still pretty confident I would get found out, and I also wanted to avoid a few creeps on the server from its early days, so I made several minecraft accounts to hop around on and avoid people.

I went by Hothik, Ruakik, WhiteVodka, Pro_Whistler0, and finally in 2014 I made a permanent commitment to DiscoLiquid. 

I've been permanently banned on three of the five accounts for pugsying, I believe. 

Anyway, AMA?

Just now, CalZium said:

how do you deal with stress

i just got a splint off for breaking my pinky by hitting my desk, so not well. other than that, I like a good bath.

hey discoliquid would you maybe please subscribe to me on youtube haha and maybe even follow me on tiktok and twitch and twitter haha? 😳

Why are you based? Is it an acquired trait or are you only born with it?

Who have been the greatest friends you've made through LotC?

What kind of RP have you not done that you would like to (e.g. a type of character, theme, whatever)?

when and why did you choose to be gay?

where's mY MONEY

In your mind what has happened to the infamously, grossly cheerful Esther Lesther?

What is a value you feel the wider playerbase lacks (and needs)?

How have you not strangled someone after 9 Years of LotC?

I mean it took me 48 Hours and a barstool.

14 hours ago, Archipelego said:

hey discoliquid would you maybe please subscribe to me on youtube haha and maybe even follow me on tiktok and twitch and twitter haha? 😳

sure on youtube never on tiktok, definitely on twitch, and I don't have a twitter

3 hours ago, ImCookiie said:

How does one acquire so much swag?

My personal style is generosity and bitter satire, so most people know I'm generally nice, that way when I bust out the moronic commentary, everyone knows its mostly good faith

8 hours ago, FakeNotic said:

Whenever I hate this place I just leave for another 6 months

12 hours ago, Zarsies said:

Who have been the greatest friends you've made through LotC?

What kind of RP have you not done that you would like to (e.g. a type of character, theme, whatever)?

when and why did you choose to be gay?

where's mY MONEY

In your mind what has happened to the infamously, grossly cheerful Esther Lesther?

What is a value you feel the wider playerbase lacks (and needs)?

Well I don't spend too much time cultivating close relationships on the server, but Moogle, you, SWGRclan, Heero, and the dearly missed Geoboy66 were probably the people I enjoyed the banter with the most, and give me the boomer nostalgia. Birdwhisperer was probably the kindest person I met on LotC, and CosmicWhaleShark was also a close buddy during the Elf Wars. I know I'm forgetting some, but that's just because I take too many breaks and forget usernames. 

I've always wanted to play with a group of saboteurs, some quasi-political group that doesn't use overt force, and brings down a large institution at its foundations. I've done a lot of overt-evil and 1-on-1 manipulation, and also a lot of low-key mundane characters like artisans or warriors, but I think a highly motivated group of thwarters that weren't tied to their own desire to accumulate power? That would be really satisfying, getting to plot it all out. Evil or good, doesn't matter to me.

I was first called a gender-bender on lotc in 2013, and I think since that fateful night I have only increased in gender nonconforming power. But I officially started identifying as nonbinary in 2016, 2nd year of college. Why? Hmmm. I think I realized I would never be happy if I had to live as a he/him, too boring!

DO I OWE YOU MONEY? I HAVE MONEY TO GIVE YOU IF SO

Esther, after being shaded and pacted, was forced to double-down and concentrate her own personality into just a few axioms in order to avoid being entirely consumed by a three-fold mania. She internalized 'The weak are meat and the strong do eat', and so I suspect that she descended to the hells to do the horrific bidding of Velkuzat, spreading hedonistic cannibalism & embracing gleeful madness. In my mind, she would make offers from beyond to the hungry and others without a steady supply of delicious food to rise against their keepers and eat them whole. 

I don't know if it's a value but I wish more people would gather in large groups and go out to do things, LotC is best enjoyed in a group of 4-8 in my opinion.  Getting people to stop sprint jumping in circles and start going out as organized forces, even if it's just to see the sights and do some camping RP, is pretty hard. I wish it wasn't!

12 hours ago, devvy said:

whos cooler me or 

You, for sure.

12 hours ago, Sorcerio said:

Why are you based? Is it an acquired trait or are you only born with it?

I'm based because I like sharing, whether its oversharing life details or sharing my MC items. I wasn't born with it, I remember screaming like a banshee when a kid borrowed my toy truck as a youth.

1 minute ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

sure on youtube never on tiktok, definitely on twitch, and I don't have a twitter

heheoheohoahahaohaheoheohehoeohehohohoeahoahoeahoahoaho

THANKS KING

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCs4rLT8XVLkQOR6cOjEushQ/featured
https://www.twitch.tv/archipelegotv

so when are you story guys gonna coup the admins?

15 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

so when are you story guys gonna coup the admins?

I was begging about this in general storychat, should only be another decade.

19 hours ago, FakeNotic said:

thats dark