PROGRESS IS THE REPUBLIC IV: MAHERAL

- Pastry

(( energy))

PROGRESS IS THE REPUBLIC IX: MAHERAL

YRNCZIpxJRFvJUKQ_gdcOT2mlDFtG6YP-TFOcplg8PaU7FdUHckkkBd7mn34p0yijvltfWGfxf_z1GQ696DnOEwEEN9U1wgYwrbgqc0R9PHhDTvVBsdUhjQRVjlAA59NgMYSqP6x  

petit.png.38c1d5c01569a5a65f00f34c37aa0140.png

Lovely citizens of Haelun’or, as well as anyone else who is particularly invested in our leadership or my personal hijinks,

It is the tradition of the Maheral of Haelun’or since time immemorial to appoint their own successor. Unfortunately, instead of disappearing into the aether and leaving you all guessing as to my whereabouts (as I would very much like to do), I actually have to give my two-weeks’ notice. 

Nothing particularly upsetting has happened recently to cause me to quit, other than the empress dying. That was un-good. My deepest condolences to the Empire and her citizens. I will be sending a gift basket -- or perhaps one of those arrangements that are edible. Anyway, I think it is high time I close out this Maheral part of my life, lest something unfortunate happen that forces me to stick around. Nobody likes a book that drones on too long.

With that in mind: my friend of centuries, Galanthil Elibar’acal shall be my replacement until he can find someone else to pass the Maheral’s black mantle.

xoxo

Ikur Sullas, Maheral and Mayor of Fih'linan'sae

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

Dele reads the letter a few times, squinting after a bit like she's stared at the sun too long. 

"Be free you magnificent gremlin. Go on, go terrorize Anethra in her basement more and throw some boots. Enjoy your retirement."

She'd then just... stash the letter away into a  much too large book called... "**** Ikur Did"

Galanthil Maehr'indor, upon roaming within the depths of his basement hovel lets out a guttural scream, the likes of which could be heard all the way in Providence as the news of his forced un-retirement finally hits the irritable elf.

"I blame myself, truly."

He echoes to the unfortunate Aylon who was evidently being forced to keep his great-grandfather company

"Surely, had I been nicer to that imp of a Maheral he wouldn't have forced his hand and thrust me back into the political landscape. How many times must I echo that I was retired to our populace for such a statement to sink in? I must go tell Henry at once."

Galanthil sighs, nearly sprinting out of the Elibar'acal house to find his beloved chicken.

Eredael donned his Ikur-gifted cool sunglasses to hide the welling tears.

"Rest well, Malaurir Sullas. You restored the republic, now we shall maintain it."

Arelyn Iyathir sighed upon perusing the missive, disgruntled even, by the sudden turn of events - there was a flicker of a frown.

"Shame I never even got to know this Sullas either, let's hope the other Maehr'indor does well in his stead."