Going away AMA

firespirit44

It's felt like a short three months when in reality it's nearly been half a year.

I remember the first time vaguely working with you on some "end-times" event you had planned, and I went to rift. Well first I went to joel, who called you "...An OG who basically made the ET", so take that compliment 

I asked rift who you were, and I wanted to help you. Month later we had the Inferi Event outlined and ready- all ready to go with admin approval and all.

We had an Event Team expanded, with some new and many old, seasoned members who poured their hearts into this eventline. Some came some went, disappointments arose and fall- undeniably incredible how we'd put at least a thousand collective hours into running events as a team in just the first month or two. 

Joel, Rift, and I were in many times a part of thinking of quitting. Lots of work, lots of stress. Hard decisions to make because we're all softhearted babies. You were a strong figure- a "Manager manager" is what we jokingly called you. But you were sort of the industrial spirit of the team, if that makes any sense- you were there to remind people what we were doing, why, how to do it- people who strugged with organization and planning succeeded and exceeded because of you.

You helped bring a team together to practically be a loving group of friends which we'll remain. We had our christmas party, our halloween  and all the daily buggery's we've had before that even. 

Last you had considered leaving I got fairly emotional because of what a crutch you've been. It got me thinking of when Joel or Rift may leave, and whenever I will. It's stuck me on thought of what legacy I'll leave behind. If I'm too afraid it'll never be complete. It more struck me about the friends I've made here and the friends I've already lost. People I learned to love who I won't quite get back.

I think some of my worst thoughts are those of being left alone. Particularly in the case of someone who I thoroughly enjoyed working with and being pals with. Maybe It's why I've written a forum post rather than a discord message- it'll stick. A relic if you would. Something to look back on fondly that I won't have to sift through stupid discord messages to see. Shouldn't just be Story who knows what you've done and what a splendid person you are anyway.
Maybe I'm just a softhearted baby, though. Like I'd said. 

I'll miss you man. Hope you aren't (still) being worked to the bone. I heard you vaguely mention you might come back in eight months when things free up again.. at least give a call? Stay in touch. You aren't free of me yet bro.

Anyway enough with sappy wah-wah crybaby ****. 
Here's some AMA.
1) What motivated you to come back? N don't say "corona", I want to know why - When corona came, why did LOTC come to mind?
2) What do you think are things LOTC could learn to do, or be from? Staff? Any specific people you could give ancient-wisdom of yours?
3) What do you envision for the future of LOTC? Of story? What about yourself?
4) What motivated you to join LOTC to begin?
5) What motivated you to become administrator and "work around the clock" (😏)  to keep things up? What did you get from it? 
6) Any simple phrase or words you'd leave to part with? "Always be yourself" or some nonsense. 
7) when r we letting rift out of the dungeon lol

I don't know you but I bid thee farewell, my Australian brethren.

4 minutes ago, SquakHawk said:

I'll miss you man. Hope you aren't (still) being worked to the bone. I heard you vaguely mention you might come back in eight months when things free up again.. at least give a call? Stay in touch. You aren't free of me yet bro.

Anyway enough with sappy wah-wah crybaby ****. 
Here's some AMA.
1) What motivated you to come back? N don't say "corona", I want to know why - When corona came, why did LOTC come to mind?
2) What do you think are things LOTC could learn to do, or be from? Staff? Any specific people you could give ancient-wisdom of yours?
3) What do you envision for the future of LOTC? Of story? What about yourself?
4) What motivated you to join LOTC to begin?
5) What motivated you to become administrator and "work around the clock" (😏)  to keep things up? What did you get from it? 
6) Any simple phrase or words you'd leave to part with? "Always be yourself" or some nonsense. 
7) when r we letting rift out of the dungeon lol

I'll hop in VC from time to time and bully Calzium and Spoons, happy-go-lucky knowing that I never have to look at another brief again haha. It comes with age, I'm sure many LT see you as without the doubt the person to get everything done. People crave guidance and support, and when we dont work in a physical space/different timezones, it can get quite disheartening. People need that confidence before they can do bigger things, and having them succeed in a planned project gives them that. Thats how most of the newer gen of ET got their chops, coaxing them to do events with a theme already setup, so they know what to expect. 

Why do you think I like templates so much? It takes all the minor thinking out of the detail. And yes I actually prefer forum posting than Discord. That presence is irreplaceable as a record. 

You'll survive fine without me king. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for. Learn to delegate and trust, and expect people to fail because if they never fail, they have never tried. Let them fail safely. And this applies for things IRL as well. 

1) I was in communications with Heero and knew of Rift as far back in 2019. Mind you, we've never ever rped with each other yet. Heero tapped me and said there was going to be big changes to the ET / LT with Flam being shot, and said there might be something interesting to be done. I accepted, came back, milled around for a bit, before I agreed to join management after potent_rage left the team.  

2)  Document everything to be used as templates. Templates serve as fantastic guidelines for making sure things are in place, and aren't a hard rule. Make sure your efforts are noticed, and thats why we have Newsletters. Make sure there are priorities in place and deadlines to meet. Dont ever do everything by yourself, that's denying a learning and development opportunity from others. 

3) I think that LOTC is seriously stuck without having a clear plan for growth. The ST is an internal looking team, but its actually the CT and WT that will ultimately decide the fate of the server. Without a solid plan for the CT, how can we attract new players? There's even less players from when I was around.  For myself, I'm going to open a restaurant, bet on it. 

4) I didn't know what roleplay was. I came from MC factions. So being able to play minecraft as an RPG with story/narrative elements was so much fun. It gave PVE/PVP a purpose, I wasn't just mindlessly trying to click something to death. I was clicking for justice. That was what I thought anyways, it was good fun. My houses could be shared, I could talk stories in a tavern. MC wasn't about building blocks anymore, but building stories. Cant go back to vanilla. 

5) Believe it or not after I achieved my role as Event Team Admin, I swapped over to become Moderator Lead to try and clean up, document, and template behaviours and codify rules. I wanted teams to run efficiently, but it turns out I just didn't care enough. I did not love the mods. I also wanted a strong media team, but I did not care enough. The ET drew me in like nothing else could on this server. 

6) If I could say something, it would be 'Please learn to actually stick to deadlines and respect that other people depend on you to achieve this work'. Managers should not need to baby staff to turn in their work. For the rest of LOTC, I would say turn off Discord and just roleplay, try not to be so argumentative haha. 

7) Idk what we're waiting for tbh, he should have been out before me. Maybe he wants to do something? 

Also hi Crevel. 

Thanks for your work firespirit, glad that you contributed to the server. I hope that you have a fantastic time away from the game, good luck mate. 

Genuinely didn't know who you were when I first met you and I don't really make a habit of going out of my way to meet new people- but damn I'm glad I did get to meet you man.
I'm not that good with these kinds of words, but you're nothing short of an inspiration to me. You pushed all of us to do our best in our work, and you were an incredible role model and friend. Dependable, reliable, and strong-willed are only a few of the first words that come to mind when someone asks me about what I think of firespirit44- and I can't thank you enough for being on the team at the same time as me so I could meet you!

With that being said, I hope you'll keep in touch with all of us so that we can hang out.

1) What was, in your opinion, the most fun that you've had on the server in both OOC and IRP situations? 
2) If I go to your restaurant, will a drink be on the house?
3) What was your favorite playerbase on the server that you were a part of and why?
4) Have you had any regrets about anything?

I hope you'll remember the Setherien days fondly, sir, however vague those memories become

11 minutes ago, CalZium said:

With that being said, I hope you'll keep in touch with all of us so that we can hang out.

1) What was, in your opinion, the most fun that you've had on the server in both OOC and IRP situations? 
2) If I go to your restaurant, will a drink be on the house?
3) What was your favorite playerbase on the server that you were a part of and why?
4) Have you had any regrets about anything?

I'll enjoy all the Cal's 14 jokes in my daydreams for sure. I still wanna play Among Us and Jackbox for anything. 

1) Anytime that I was doing big activities/going on adventures with people. I enjoy experiencing events more than planning them (its like saying you prefer eating over cooking). For this time when I came back, I would say the paladin meeting where I condemned Lefkos and forced him to be disconnected. A very bonding moment for all of us. 

2) I would serve you a 5 course free of charge mate. Get your own plane ticket down here. Coupon code '!_!'

3) I preferred the playerbase that welcomed me without expectations, and that was the White Rose in 2012. It was a military order that went on patrols and fucked around the castle. Otherwise I very rarely switched playerbases, since I only play 1 character at any time. 

4) I wish things were more organized, I wish I hadnt got shot from admin in 2013, I wish I had confessed to that girl in high school. Growing up is about learning that there's not much you can do about it, and just hope you dont make the same mistakes again. 

18 minutes ago, iMattyz said:

I hope you'll remember the Setherien days fondly, sir, however vague those memories becomes

Honestly iMattyz, the days of Setherien really were blending together. I cant remember what I've asked people to do, I can only remember the people that were apart of it. As for you, I'm glad you got to be admin, and I hope that you are at peace with what you managed to achieve. 

First it was Phil. Now it's Kai. Without Phil and Kai, this server is meaningless to me.

Only knew you for a good part of a month - Accidentally started it off the wrong way.

Unfortunate you're leaving and I will say that I'll miss seeing you around actively.

I know we've only just met since summer of this year but it has been a real joy getting to roleplay with you and have my character study under Jack's legendary tutelage. Thank you so much for that. It's been a lot of fun.

I really appreciate you logging in on my behalf for these lessons too. I'd be really stuck without you, and I appreciate the hard work you put into this.

Alright for the AMA,

Other than RP, what other sorts of stuff do you really enjoy doing for fun? Any interesting hobbies or talents?

6 hours ago, firespirit44 said:

The only reason why I came back was because I was laid off initially in March, and @Heero reached out to me and just asked if I was interested in seeing what has changed. I gave myself to the end of 2020, and I've been missing my own deadline, so I should really learn to clean up after myself to make it quick. 

That's how he gets his claws in

o7 Was fun chatting and hope you do well in the future

Thank you for always being approachable, kind and considerate. I've heard so much good about you from Rift, Heero and Spoon and only barely got to see for myself why everyone considered you to be their 'big brother' in their circle of friends.

You're a good man, go achieve what you want in life and have fun whilst doing it. Take care big man.

Does that make me your second favorite builder? I know I didn't build anything for years since I left the ET. I stalk you on discord.