Going away AMA

firespirit44

Respect and farewell to a fellow LOTC boomer. Thanks for guiding my husband on his paladin journey and I hope the RP was fun while it lasted. ❤️

I never did think that I earned my spot on the ST, even less the event sector of it - I felt like I was lacking, bearing little-to-no achievements or experience. Even so, you put faith in me despite such. Even if I couldn't find anything to be proud of, you did so for me which meant a lot. Thank you for that, for giving me a chance when I - or others - didn't believe that I deserved one. I'll continue to take your lessons to heart, and hopefully it'll go well for me.

If you want to hang out, or play games, then you'll know my discord. I'll see you next time, Kai.

For some questions, however - I've a few:

1. What got you into story-writing in the first place? I'm rather curious - and what were your inspirations for how you conduct your events, and whatnot

2. What was the moment where it all clicked, that you started enjoying LoTC moreso than other servers?

3. What, for you, are the 'Golden Years' in your time on this server?

4. Any hobbies that I - and others - should partake in?

5. Heero sometimes theorizes that the reason why he adores women of the ethic origin so much, is because he took cues from you when he was younger. Is this true?  

What changes do you think need to be made in the server to create a more dynamic roleplay environment?

Which ye olde map was best, including things like Fringe and Thales?

Thanks for all the good events and last-minute roleplay invitations. It's a shame we didn't rp too often, but when we found the time for it, it was always memorable. 

Hope life treats you right, man. You deserve it.

Spoiler
9 hours ago, firespirit44 said:

And to anyone looking for paladin lessons, just HMU. I'll log on for that, but not much more. But we'll see. 

👀

You've been instrumental in my development and I genuinely love you (much less begrudgingly than Heero to be fair). 2013 was an especially turbulent year and Viper and his ET were my people. It was hard to see him go, as a kid I didn't properly grasp how LotC may have meant different things to other people compared to what it meant to me so I was sorry to lose him. When you stepped in what worries I had were quickly soothed, you've always been attentive, compassionate, present, insightful, and gentle, and strong and it was immediately apparent; those qualities are still with you given when I've seen during your return and just privately between us. You led by example and in a wordless, nuanced way taught me have those qualities too. YOU reaching out to ME was not what I expected but that support was crucial in the moment and I cannot thank you enough for your concern and time. Even the most recent moments we've had were constructive and I dearly appreciate every moment we have, even if it's just fuckery and banter. I respect and admire you more now than I did all those years ago because I better understand the depth of your humanity and can follow your train of thought. So, ultimately, thank you. I anticipate good times when we all hang out in the retirement home.

For the AMA...

1. Cal and Spoon are in a cage match. Who wins?

2. If/when I come to town can you hook me up with some goods 👉👈 I'll bring Heero at the very least

3. What essential ingredient have you seen aspiring event actors lack the most?

4. To what extent will you remain to roleplay? I'll always make time for you...

You radiate positive vibes and have an incredible work-ethic that pushes others to better themselves and those around them. I'm regretful that we didn't get to know each-other more, over the last few years but I'm REALLY proud of you for choosing what is best for you, in this moment. Best of luck for the future.

As for my question, what is the meaning of life?

I remember forever ago when you first came back, we rp'd for like five minutes. When we were done, something made me bring it up in LT chat and everyone started hyping you up big time. Definitely regret not furthering the rp more when I still played, you seemed like a really cool guy.

When I first joined the staff vc you and @Heero were the first people I spoke to in another team u guys were great and u were really nice thank u 😄 

9 hours ago, Riftblade said:

First it was Phil.

Too soon. 😞

Have a good one, Firespirit, heard nothing but good about you! Best of luck in your real life endeavors, and be safe.

Will miss Jack.

But you and I won't be strangers - far from it. 

You have taught me much and I consider you a trusted, valued friend.

And I know you're gonna carry that weight. 

raw

9 hours ago, Wizry said:

Only knew you for a good part of a month - Accidentally started it off the wrong way.

Unfortunate you're leaving and I will say that I'll miss seeing you around actively.

Wish you were around for Inferi, I'm sure you would have done well. Hope you enjoy your stay on the ST my #2 fav paki. 

9 hours ago, Ludulo said:

I know we've only just met since summer of this year but it has been a real joy getting to roleplay with you and have my character study under Jack's legendary tutelage. Thank you so much for that. It's been a lot of fun.

I really appreciate you logging in on my behalf for these lessons too. I'd be really stuck without you, and I appreciate the hard work you put into this.

Alright for the AMA,

Other than RP, what other sorts of stuff do you really enjoy doing for fun? Any interesting hobbies or talents?

And it's been a lot of fun going on adventures with Icroth. Wish we could have done more, but alas, life and work. And that's the least I could do, what kind of teacher would just take a student and not teach them lul. 

I used to do like 3 course dinner parties for friends as a tasting menu. People would give me like $30/40 each, and I would take all that money to try and make something I wanted. Like a mystery tasting experience, since I usually didnt reveal the menu before hand. Apart from that, I really like making dioramas, the kind you see in the windowsill of a fancy department store in Christmas. Hope to get into that with clay figures when things are more settled down. 

8 hours ago, The Fact Core said:

Does that make me your second favorite builder? I know I didn't build anything for years since I left the ET. I stalk you on discord.

And you are my second favourite builder! I talk to people about how you, BNK, and Bathrug were the holy trinity of builders back in my days. I'm glad you are starting to find some enjoyment out of building once more Factcore. But your Setherien mural was my favourite build ever. It just had so much character! Its a shame we've lost it, I really wanted another one of your murals. 

Kai, bro..
Bittersweet moment, for you too I'm sure.
Part of me wants to say, "noooo don't go bro!" and the sane piece says, "not soon enough."

I just want the best for you and all the homies, if the best for you is 'not on LOTC' (and that is best for all of us, yes) then please.

Can't say I won't miss you but I'll find reasons to hit you up

and thank you for the stream of RP opportunities you gave me 

I'll always remember where I came from

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

I never did think that I earned my spot on the ST, even less the event sector of it - I felt like I was lacking, bearing little-to-no achievements or experience. Even so, you put faith in me despite such. Even if I couldn't find anything to be proud of, you did so for me which meant a lot. Thank you for that, for giving me a chance when I - or others - didn't believe that I deserved one. I'll continue to take your lessons to heart, and hopefully it'll go well for me.

If you want to hang out, or play games, then you'll know my discord. I'll see you next time, Kai.

For some questions, however - I've a few:

1. What got you into story-writing in the first place? I'm rather curious - and what were your inspirations for how you conduct your events, and whatnot

2. What was the moment where it all clicked, that you started enjoying LoTC moreso than other servers?

3. What, for you, are the 'Golden Years' in your time on this server?

4. Any hobbies that I - and others - should partake in?

5. Heero sometimes theorizes that the reason why he adores women of the ethic origin so much, is because he took cues from you when he was younger. Is this true?  

Spoons, I think thats just because you haven't truly created anything with your own two hands yet. So far you've done really well for the Inferi stuff, but I know how that can feel as 'not being yours'. I can see it from the way you talk and the way you view things, you know what to do, but how do you implement it is another thing. Use anything at your disposal first, before asking for help. You'll create something amazing that will leave a stamp on LOTC I'm sure, something to the scale of the nether event. 

1. I was part of a player group called the White Rose, and I played a simple blacksmith called Arkus Farrier. Me and crazyguy1916 was memeing that the reason why we have our base in the foot of a mountain was to guard some ancient evil (no lore), and there was a underground complex with ancient thrones and such. When the White Rose players left, I made a event with some of the remaining White Rose players, where we had to 'reseal' the ancient evil, and Arkus was the willing blood sacrifice for it. That was my first event ever, and I've been hooked on the concept since. To drive the narrative and provide opportunities to the characters to impact the world in a meaningful way. 

2. I have only joined LOTC and never any other RP servers. Bigger the better, because I live in Australian timezones.

3. 2011, when Aegis was started You could get rp in 5 minutes of walking down a path called the King's Road. 

4. Try to learn to love financial independence, learn to love growing money. It's not easy, but if you can really learn it it will bring you far in life. Financial independence is something most people dont really understand and grasp as a concept, but the difference is you're rewarding yourself in the future, to go on a better holiday, to buy better things, rather than to just keep saving for the sake of saving. Being a penny pincher ultimately will not bring you anywhere in life. Its about knowing how to grow the dollars you save, not the cents. 

5. I figured he would be more attracted to traps honestly. I never once discussed the virtues of yellow women with him when he was younger. But I think thats why he wants his partners to be the responsible one and dominate him, since I was always hounding him like a school teacher who never got their student's homework back in a timely manner. 

8 hours ago, BrandNewKitten said:

@firespirit44 one of my favorite people on here. Sorry that we have spent so little time RPing & catching up over the years. Go get that bread.

BNK, I'm really happy that you've found jobs in your career. You'll always be my favourite ET that uses WE in their events. Hope your living situation is better and you've got a permanent computer haha. You're always welcome back.

8 hours ago, Lojo613 said:

What changes do you think need to be made in the server to create a more dynamic roleplay environment?

Which ye olde map was best, including things like Fringe and Thales?

Wow you remember the Fringe, that's some ancient history stuff man. 

I think Aegis was the best but for me. In a time where there wasn't 20 Creature Applicants, 20 different sub magic groups. When you walked into a city, it felt alive but that was also because nobody was really making towns. You needed to pay 100USD for a region after all. It was the best of times, and the worst of times. Map wise Anthos had a good balance for distance I would say. 

We always harp on about dynamic roleplay, but you have to understand that means very different things to a lot of people. Dynamic roleplay is collaborative storytelling, and not everything will always go your way. People who have poured their hearts out for settlements are most against this for obvious reasons. People ultimately dont like to lose, but if you never lose you'll never know the impact of sweet victory. The Inferi event brought out many kinds of people who refused the dynamic roleplay. You cant really say "I refuse to have a natural calamity happen on my house", but we respected it. Its weird, because the map was changing anyways, so your settlement wouldnt have mattered, but the sheer fuss some people kicked up really astonished me. Al'Faiz will forever go down in memory as the city that fell to demons, but the other settlements will just be lost forever in player memories. I just want players to try rolling with the punches more. 

8 hours ago, Covey said:

Thanks for all the good events and last-minute roleplay invitations. It's a shame we didn't rp too often, but when we found the time for it, it was always memorable. 

Hope life treats you right, man. You deserve it.

Reveal hidden contents

👀

It was fun rping with you. I hope you'll do some cool stuff with your own pally chapter. The missions we did were fun, like that failed initial raid. Hope your job and education goes smoothly for you.

6 hours ago, Zarsies said:

You've been instrumental in my development and I genuinely love you (much less begrudgingly than Heero to be fair). 2013 was an especially turbulent year and Viper and his ET were my people. It was hard to see him go, as a kid I didn't properly grasp how LotC may have meant different things to other people compared to what it meant to me so I was sorry to lose him. When you stepped in what worries I had were quickly soothed, you've always been attentive, compassionate, present, insightful, and gentle, and strong and it was immediately apparent; those qualities are still with you given when I've seen during your return and just privately between us. You led by example and in a wordless, nuanced way taught me have those qualities too. YOU reaching out to ME was not what I expected but that support was crucial in the moment and I cannot thank you enough for your concern and time. Even the most recent moments we've had were constructive and I dearly appreciate every moment we have, even if it's just fuckery and banter. I respect and admire you more now than I did all those years ago because I better understand the depth of your humanity and can follow your train of thought. So, ultimately, thank you. I anticipate good times when we all hang out in the retirement home.

For the AMA...

1. Cal and Spoon are in a cage match. Who wins?

2. If/when I come to town can you hook me up with some goods 👉👈 I'll bring Heero at the very least

3. What essential ingredient have you seen aspiring event actors lack the most?

4. To what extent will you remain to roleplay? I'll always make time for you...

Haha. Its weird how we're all the same playerbase from Aegis, but we have almost never rped until joining the staff team. But that's just how it is, and I still think you're one of the best storytellers on this server. I dont think there is anyone else that can hold a candle for the thought and effort you put into crafting these experiences. I hope that you will be less harsh on yourself and not put yourself out to be a martyr for LOTC.

Write what you want to write, dont write because its your duty to write. We're all here to have fun even for volunteering for the ST. Baby steps to chase after the things you want in life Zarsies. And I will 100% help fund that trip of yours so you can meet your bae. 

1) Spoons, hands down. Spoons has a viciousness in him, dont **** with the pinoys

2) If you come to Malaysia I'll bring you anywhere and everywhere. I want to go to the states one day and crash on Heero's or your couch though haha. 
3) Continuity. An event is not just a blip of distraction, but something that affects and continues to reverberate to all aspects of a character and their future actions. Lots of events are ultimately not memorable and not referenced again, which is a shame. If possible I would want each event to be good enough for a forum post. 
4) I heard from Heero that with the Qi Arc will have some cool enemies, I would stick around for that. But I would need to ask for a timing in advanced haha. I cant really just login and rp until it comes to me, gotta study and work and all.

5 hours ago, ImCookiie said:

You radiate positive vibes and have an incredible work-ethic that pushes others to better themselves and those around them. I'm regretful that we didn't get to know each-other more, over the last few years but I'm REALLY proud of you for choosing what is best for you, in this moment. Best of luck for the future.

As for my question, what is the meaning of life?

Hope you get along well with the other ST members ImCookie. It's alright, I didn't really rp with the high elves so there was little chance of our paths crossing anyways haha. 

The meaning of life is to make money and knowing how to use it to fund your pursuits and goals outside of it. 

4 hours ago, AlphaMoist said:

I remember forever ago when you first came back, we rp'd for like five minutes. When we were done, something made me bring it up in LT chat and everyone started hyping you up big time. Definitely regret not furthering the rp more when I still played, you seemed like a really cool guy.

Its okay, you're not missing anything haha. My rp isnt great. Hope you continue to have fun on the server Alphamoist.

3 hours ago, peachcool said:

When I first joined the staff vc you and @Heero were the first people I spoke to in another team u guys were great and u were really nice thank u 😄 

Remember peach, !_! if you're ever in any trouble. The boys will look after you. 

11 hours ago, Urara said:

Respect and farewell to a fellow LOTC boomer. Thanks for guiding my husband on his paladin journey and I hope the RP was fun while it lasted. ❤️

My pleasure Hads. Was fun reminiscing about the WR, even if it occurred almost a lifetime ago. 

8 hours ago, Archipelego said:

seeya king

chief

3 hours ago, Worldeater said:

Will miss Jack.

But you and I won't be strangers - far from it. 

You have taught me much and I consider you a trusted, valued friend.

And I know you're gonna carry that weight. 

raw

Look up man. You got this. You'll be able to support yourself and stand on your own 2 feet. Meme with you soon buddy.

3 hours ago, Strife said:

Too soon. 😞

Have a good one, Firespirit, heard nothing but good about you! Best of luck in your real life endeavors, and be safe.

Many thanks for the wishes strife, same to you.

2 hours ago, Motherchild said:

Kai, bro..
Bittersweet moment, for you too I'm sure.
Part of me wants to say, "noooo don't go bro!" and the sane piece says, "not soon enough."

I just want the best for you and all the homies, if the best for you is 'not on LOTC' (and that is best for all of us, yes) then please.

Can't say I won't miss you but I'll find reasons to hit you up

and thank you for the stream of RP opportunities you gave me 

I'll always remember where I came from

Hope you enjoy bro, all the STs really liked Alicjo, you inspired us to balance the Inferi events to ensure they would be 100% beatable by characters like yours if possible. Maybe I'll come back and finish Jack off in a few months, gotta wait for vaults first -_-. I hope you'll be around when I get to finally hang up my coat for reals in RP.