Going away AMA

firespirit44

This is a post I knew that was coming and really didn't want to acknowledge it. Talking between each other and screaming how we'd both quit was really just a veiled attempt to keep contact with you. I appreciate you as being essentially one of my first 'RP' mentors in the White Rose and LotC as a whole. You and Paul essentially created my enjoyment of roleplay and crafted me into the roleplayer and writer that I am today. I still remember that 15 year old me was annoying the **** out of you to try and learn how to blacksmith under Arkus before I got gacked and team-killed over some drama. (Was when I first learned to PK too lol)

Working with you has been a great experience for me and the team as a whole. You bring the fun in documentation and the ability to let people flourish on their own creative pursuits no matter what. We have very stark differences when it comes to a majority of things but we overall agree with the same goal for this server, its just a shame that we never both got to step up and really drive that goal home together before everything blew over.

You owe me a nice dinner and I owe you a good night out when you come back down to Melbourne, the hilarity of knowing that you could've potentially served me food once makes me laugh and reminisce on a variety of things. Mainly my hatred for Heero and what I believed he did to corrupt my poor rolemodel back in the day. Overall I really hope we stay in touch no matter what, even without this server I hope to play games occasionally and keep you updated with everything.

Okay, now I need to actually answer this thread with some questions.

1. If you could change the thematic direction of Paladins, what would your 'perfect' version look like?

2. What do you regret about the Setherien Eventline?

3. Your favourite cut of meat and why? (To cook AND to eat)

4. If you could alter one 'event' or big moment in LotC's history (RP wise), what would you change?

3 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

This is a post I knew that was coming and really didn't want to acknowledge it. Talking between each other and screaming how we'd both quit was really just a veiled attempt to keep contact with you. I appreciate you as being essentially one of my first 'RP' mentors in the White Rose and LotC as a whole. You and Paul essentially created my enjoyment of roleplay and crafted me into the roleplayer and writer that I am today. I still remember that 15 year old me was annoying the **** out of you to try and learn how to blacksmith under Arkus before I got gacked and team-killed over some drama. (Was when I first learned to PK too lol)

Working with you has been a great experience for me and the team as a whole. You bring the fun in documentation and the ability to let people flourish on their own creative pursuits no matter what. We have very stark differences when it comes to a majority of things but we overall agree with the same goal for this server, its just a shame that we never both got to step up and really drive that goal home together before everything blew over.

You owe me a nice dinner and I owe you a good night out when you come back down to Melbourne, the hilarity of knowing that you could've potentially served me food once makes me laugh and reminisce on a variety of things. Mainly my hatred for Heero and what I believed he did to corrupt my poor rolemodel back in the day. Overall I really hope we stay in touch no matter what, even without this server I hope to play games occasionally and keep you updated with everything.

Okay, now I need to actually answer this thread with some questions.

1. If you could change the thematic direction of Paladins, what would your 'perfect' version look like?

2. What do you regret about the Setherien Eventline?

3. Your favourite cut of meat and why? (To cook AND to eat)

4. If you could alter one 'event' or big moment in LotC's history (RP wise), what would you change?

I do remember Arkus trying to teach now, it was a small memory so I didn't pay too much attention to it, haha. And yeah you getting team killed was kinda hilarious back then, think you disobeyed one too many orders or something, memories are fuzzy. Glad to see you have grown up now and taking charge of such quality events and being a real pillar in the community. 

I dont find documentation fun. Documentation is actually a way of investing in the present for less work in the future. Imagine if you had to read 5 different briefs with each a different format, it would be so annoying having to clarify back and forth what's missing. It's like giving homework without rules. And can you imagine if we ever tried to do some continuity for an event whom's ET had already left the server? Trying to trace it would be a nightmare. Trying to interloop events is the hardest part for the ET because there isn't any documentation, and the Inferi only worked because you and I were constantly on top of everything. Now imagine being in charge of the world, where you are aware of every single event produced. If you can do it without documentation, hats off to your mega brain. Besides, starting things with templates cuts down production time by soooo much. 

As for the stepping up part, I'm honestly glad with the outcome of the Inferi. I think the production was good, it really utilized a lot of lore pieces. I wish there was more exposition of course, but overall I think that was a good mass production event. Had we scaled it to 20-30 people instead, I'm sure the stories would have been incredibly rich, with more tools and points at our disposal, but that's just how it is when it comes to a literal server wide event. I hope to participate in Zarsies stuff in the future (probably what, 6 months down the line? I dont mind waiting), so maybe I can see for once what the height of events looks like from a player POV haha. 

1. I wanted the Paladins to more closely relate to the intricate mysteries of the Crusaders and Asian mystics. I wanted their spells to be more ritual based, rather than combat type spells. I wanted things to focus on exorcism, sealing, prayer, and have it steeped in tradition and lore instead of blindly praising Xan each time, kind of like the occult with symbols as well. I wanted to reference more holy things, things that were canonized to be holy, and really draw from the players who were impactful in their roles. I did want to release more additional spells, so maybe that'll shift the meter a bit. Just been lazy and out of it tbh. 

2. That I wasn't around to actually see it! I had work the next day in the hotel, so I instructed Swgrclan, Ouity, Tsuyose as the main emoters, set out what would happen, and what should be taken into consideration if the players do x y z. They told me it went well, but I would never know how it was like. I also wanted much more buildup, there was a lot of traction in the red realm, but otherwise I had to brute force the Golden Lance as a concept, and I dont really enjoy protags. I wanted them to act more like guides for the players, but there was no time to build the rapport, we had 3 months after all. Also there were so many assets unused. Jeez. The ingredients were there, but trying to pump out a quality production was hard. 

3. Honestly? Brisket. Brisket tastes incredible, as the fat and collagen renders out and makes it incredibly  tender, be it for smoking or braising. But rib meat would be my close second, either grilled or roasted. 

4. The aegis end event was dogshit, but then again it was the first time ever doing map end events for the server so I sorta get it. But my god letting 12 players do parkour to grab some weapons to kill Iblees while the undead spammed mobs on players was pretty dog. I think the Asulon end was also pretty crap, so much so I dont remember it. 

RP wise, I really wished the exodus didn't happen. I lost my WR playerbase, and I knew I would 100% not survive a smaller server with almost no Australians in it. Had the exodus not happened, I'm sure I would have never applied for staff because I wasn't lonely. To this date I still have not found a playerbase that I can consistently find rp in. 

I hope you're good and well, and wish you all the best for the future. It was good working with you whilst I was on the ST/ET, however unfortunately short my tenure was. Take it easy.

Never really got to speak with you personally but only ever heard good things from others. Good luck in the future and god speed. Thanks for the time you've committed over the last year. 

AhHhhHhhHhh I love u please don’t leave I swear I’ll work on ur cathedral ;( Even if u leave I hope we keep in touch

anyways about ama, proudest accomplishments, biggest regrets?

is your sister single?

favourite st memory?

On 1/4/2021 at 9:14 PM, Hephaestus said:

I hope you're good and well, and wish you all the best for the future. It was good working with you whilst I was on the ST/ET, however unfortunately short my tenure was. Take it easy.

21 hours ago, Shmeepicus said:

Never really got to speak with you personally but only ever heard good things from others. Good luck in the future and god speed. Thanks for the time you've committed over the last year. 

Many thanks for the wishes you two. 

18 hours ago, BathRugMan said:

AhHhhHhhHhh I love u please don’t leave I swear I’ll work on ur cathedral ;( Even if u leave I hope we keep in touch

anyways about ama, proudest accomplishments, biggest regrets?

is your sister single?

favourite st memory?

Please for the love of god bath I just want your sunken cathedral with its sundial and I want to do the event I've been waiting for 6 years holy ****

Proudest accomplishment was definitely the legacy of the ET I left behind. Inferi second, Setherien 3rd. Biggest regret was being too trusting to merrymoogle for sure. I trusted him, and he ratted me out haha. It was a shame. 

She's got a nice bf, soz son

My fav ST moments are actually non ST work related at all. Whether it be playing jackbox, or some weird late night talks, or even the auction house, the times when we were just joking are my favourites. I love the craziness that the ST brings, its very familiar and friendly. The ST on its own is really a community, bounded in other ways than work. 

I'm an old head and I've come to pick you up in the Old Heads  limousine. 

whose your daddy?

who was your favourite king of oren?

why am i such a great guy?

why were we destined to be bum buddies?

how did it feel when you beat the USA in the vietcong war?