Lore Shelf - Shade, Wonks, Hou-Zi

squakhawk

tfw the harambe shitpost i made back in 2016 actually maintained itself as a playable race for 5 years and outlasted the snow elves and the kha

godspeed my beautiful monkeys you had a good run

RIP, you will be missed pepes and harambes

**** the shades though, they can die

qDKBv1lJIF79ozgKoNJlgwJForEJIuIEwnc59dWo9bc-8jnWK7mpkh43NOqcKvaayua0ApQ9emMVmPieD9x4OVUUD0nv55OO2J3QBuRfHgDfOn1TrOcZZI3CoIE1Yzz2L8F5WP3I

wx-W-E9J1gvU5zwvOuHNX1HfuvOjq8y5GV--lgNJvE_4J4fwmsVm2l1E5sa123jIYYI-SNiSTya41KclNSsBwd28-OPAK-r1tL4hqcu91B2LRpAkGgLOhr3jw-2j6D07WwxmYDbe

Everyday we stray further from god.

Oogway meets monkey meme - YouTube

Farewell monke

Stop shelving lore 

Wtf, first the removal of the snow elves and now this - What is even the point in shelving lore only because the ones who play as it are currently inactive? Does the Story Team realise that if they weren't constantly shelving races those could perhaps be played again in the future and become popular once more?

All the lore of the server is a treasure that enriches us as a community, not something that has to be shelved depending on its activity or popularity.

1 hour ago, linzexu said:

tfw the harambe shitpost i made back in 2016 actually maintained itself as a playable race for 5 years and outlasted the snow elves and the kha

godspeed my beautiful monkeys you had a good run

4sgmsn.jpg

legit question, how does having a very small community of active players for one race of things lead to it being shelved, why do you even bother shelfing it instead of just letting it be a small and lesser played niche race. I never really understood it because really it hurts no one by just leaving it and allowing what few more players to join that group over time.

1 hour ago, sergisala said:

All the lore of the server is a treasure that enriches us as a community,

Shade definitely didn't enrich **** but drama headaches and boredom. Sometimes lore is just bad and needs to go. Not sure why hou-zi got shelved besides inactivity since from what I remember, they actually had some really deep culture and ****, but wonks were also pretty much just a meme race that people got tired of really fast. Rip to the really good wonk players who were trying to make something of it, but at least now you won't have new players and trolls trying to rp as pepe.

1 minute ago, AlphaMoist said:

Shade definitely didn't enrich **** but drama headaches and boredom. Sometimes lore is just bad and needs to go. Not sure why hou-zi got shelved besides inactivity since from what I remember, they actually had some really deep culture and ****, but wonks were also pretty much just a meme race that people got tired of really fast. Rip to the really good wonk players who were trying to make something of it, but at least now you won't have new players and trolls trying to rp as pepe.

Okay, I get that some lore may be bad and for that reason it should be removed but, come on, this has not been the reason of the shelving that has been announced on this forum thread (It's been, as the ST says, a decrease of the population that play the race). Plus, as you say, for example, the Hou-Zi is a race with a very solid lore that should not had been removed.

I am saddened of course but I'm happy with the story team talking to me and some of the few remaining members of the hou-zi to get their input. If it had to happen then I'm happy to still be able to roleplay my character and his culture.

peace from Mr. Gorilla Guy 

Stargazzer_Qing (1).png

removing lore is ******* stupid and just makes less people want to play your server

it's not like there's a good reason to remove it other than 'hurr durr no one plays it sooo might as well get rid of it!!'

barely anyone wants to play a ******* orc, are you going to remove that? oh wait, you've been trying to for fuckin, 8 years