(Alt) Resource Pack - MYTHIC

Sushzi

Hello everyone! Happy 2021 (hopefully).

I'll try to make this short~

So I've tried the recommended resource packs on LOTC, but none of them really fit my tastes. There are BetterRPItems (which I believe is for the crafting system since all the tools look the same in vanilla), but some people have had problems with installing Optifine. Plus, it is ONLY for tools. Not blocks.

Secondly, there is Conquest and John Smith Legacy. But personally for me, Conquest lagged my game a lot, and I'm not decked out with enough gamer girl equipment to sustain it. I want to be able to play with shaders (only lite tho rip) and not have my render distance be so screwed. As for JSL, I was simply not a huge fan of the bold, semi-realistic, and scratchy textures. It took away the feel of Minecraft for me (as with most medieval resource packs). Long story short, it looked ugly to me, and I didn't want to play with it in the long-run.

So if you're also running into problems or are just picky like me, then an alt resource pack I highly recommend is MYTHIC. It's a pixel art pack that I think stays true to Minecraft, but incorporates a better and adventurous feel like from a fantasy game. The items in the pack are also *CHEF KISS* and most of the textures have such personality to them. It's not too realistic— it's not too ugly— it's not too vanilla. The blocks are also an improvement and (imo) looks similar to other medieval packs— except it is more cleaner, simpler, and cute.

#notsponsored. I really like this pack and think it deserves more justice. It's just really cute to me.

I personally just use vanilla textures ever since the post-1.14 texture pack changes came out. The new Vanilla pack is pretty good and makes a lot more blocks viable for building that previously weren't.

Conquest and whatnot are good packs and all, but when you build with those texture packs enabled you tend to do block combinations that don't work as well when viewed with other texture packs, also it's sorta a crutch when building because even a flat wall looks pretty good with Conquest, so if you just have Conquest turned on all the time mediocre building might not appear mediocre and it'll be harder to know what you need to improve on.

idk about myhic pack. maybe i'll have to try it one day, but ever since the vanilla textures were improved and made more standardized I feel as though the need for non-vanilla texture packs isn't as present as it once was.

This is really cool! Thank you for the suggestion! 🙂

On 1/4/2021 at 8:23 AM, NotEvilAtAll said:

I personally just use vanilla textures ever since the post-1.14 texture pack changes came out. The new Vanilla pack is pretty good and makes a lot more blocks viable for building that previously weren't.

Conquest and whatnot are good packs and all, but when you build with those texture packs enabled you tend to do block combinations that don't work as well when viewed with other texture packs, also it's sorta a crutch when building because even a flat wall looks pretty good with Conquest, so if you just have Conquest turned on all the time mediocre building might not appear mediocre and it'll be harder to know what you need to improve on.

idk about myhic pack. maybe i'll have to try it one day, but ever since the vanilla textures were improved and made more standardized I feel as though the need for non-vanilla texture packs isn't as present as it once was.

I agree. But I tend to rp more than I build, so I personally want a little more spice for my experience 🙂

Since there were no other alternatives that I've seen on the forums so far, I decided to introduce Mythic. Imo it's different than most medieval packs I've seen. I hope the images on the link provided changes your mind!

21 hours ago, CalZium said:

if you like vanilla vanillatweaks is awesome that's the one i always use- plus if you dont like item frames there's an invisible item frames addon you can do 

Ooh, I like it. I will keep this in mind if I ever play on vanilla. My favorite are the glass doors.

15 hours ago, Spoons said:

Try Excalibur, it might be more up your alley

Okay, the cute chickens convinced me. I really like this one I don't know why I never tried it before. Thanks!

On 1/4/2021 at 8:51 AM, DevoutChorale_ said:

This is really cool! Thank you for the suggestion! 🙂

No problem!! Glad to provide new options ❤️