A Final Farewell [PK]

kal

Spoiler

Thank you for everyone who Estelle got to interact with. I've played her for around six months, my longest lasting character. I got burnt out of her, and it was time to go. She'll always be one of my favorites though. I love all of you guys💕

A Norlandic woman rested in her bed, complexion pallid and sweat beading on her brow. She was almost unrecognizable from the youthful woman she used to be. In her life, she had always been friendly. In her teens, seen working at the tavern and later on seen around the capital in the company of friends. Though time took its toll on her, the once strong woman feeling weaker and weaker as time went by. Her breath would be uneasy, taking a toll on her after a few steps, and even the slightlest illness would keep her bedridden.

Estelle Ambrose would pass at the age of 36, stress and illness breaking down her body. In the last few years of her life, Estelle had become weaker and weaker. Most of the time she couldn't leave the house, her energy withering away if she exerts herself too much. Now, she rests and awaits the moment she takes her last breath. Her last moments were peaceful, a faint smile resting on her lips as she thinks about her family. Her family would survive without her, she didn't like to admit it but it was her time to go. Estelle Ambrose truly loved her family. With her mother's passing, Estelle knew she would join her eventually. She had an inkling that it would be soon and the faintest wisp of a chuckle escapes her at the thought being true. Frankly, Estelle was ecstatic to see her mother again. Alli was the only mother figure she had and even though she didn't birth Estelle, that woman was her mother.

The next topic that breached her mind was her friends. Truly, her friends were everything to her. Eugeo and Ancelie had been her first friends in Norland and stuck with her through all the years. She was more grateful to them than anything, they were her best friends. She only wanted the best for them and was proud of how far they've come. Eugeo became the Count of Elysium and Ancelie ruled as the Queen of Norland. They were doing amazing in their positions, and Estelle could only wish the best for them after she passes.

A weak cough escaped her lips, eyes fluttering closed for a moment. Estelle Ambrose knew her time was coming and as she took her last breath, she whispered a final farewell to those she loved.

[!] Letters were sent to those addressed.

Spoiler

Cain,

My oldest brother. I'm glad you've found happiness, I hope it stays with you for as long as you live. After everything our family's been through, you deserve it. Your daughters are wonderful, and I wish I could have seen them more. Live happily brother, I love you.

Spoiler

Asher,

I wish you the best, wherever you are. You'll always be my brother no matter what, I love you.

Spoiler

Alexios,

I wish you luck in the time after I passed. I wish we could have spent more time together, but I know we'll meet again. In the time I've met you, you were kind and accepting of all of us. I love you and hope you live happily.

Spoiler

Vera and Vane,

I remember the two of you as newborns. You two were so small and I wanted to protect you as soon as I saw you, I wish I could have. You will always have a home in Leumont, I love you two.

Spoiler

Eugeo,

You have been an amazing friend for all my life, I am so glad I met you that day. Since the beginning, you've been friendly to me and gave me a place to stay when I had nowhere. You truly are the greatest friend I could have asked for. I'm glad to see you growing happier, you truly deserve it. I'll miss you.

Spoiler

Ancelie,

Thank you for being with me. You have been an amazing friend and I appreciate you so much. You've come so far since I met you, a girl who was afraid of boys and is now a Queen. You are truly amazing, I hope you and Halvar are happy for the rest of your lives.

Spoiler

Solomon,

You were an amazing friend in the time I knew you. I wish you the best in everything you do.

Spoiler

Jolfrey, 

Thank you for being there for me in my last days. You always were kind to me, and I'll miss you. You're a good Jarl, and I believe you'll do well in your position. Thank you for caring for me at my worst.

Ancelie ganders at the letter received with teary eyes- seated at her desk much like she had been before. She reminisces fondly on their memories as teenagers, and with a strained smile, she tucks the letter away into her cabinet for safe keeping, just as she had with all the other memories of those who had passed on. In her dim bedroom lit only by a single candle, she would blow it out, casting the surrounding area in darkness. The room now shrouded in only moonlight and a lingering silence, the Queen sat and ruminated, before murmuring a silent prayer to the All-Father- wishing Estelle a safe journey to the Father’s halls.

There was no amount of tears or anguish that would explain this loss. It was irreplaceable in its entirety, and a totality of a best friend that could never be replaced. For many nights, thoughts of her consumed his mind, troubling him on the nature of mortality, and the dangers of diseases that could not be explained. A candle was lit for her on the altar, joining dozens of others that has long burnt out. She was dearly missed, and as the long nights progresses relentlessly, it bears a question, on when, and how soon, will Eugeo de Astrea himself be plagued by the same curse of death...

Spoiler

Alli Ambrose would go to embrace Estelle with the widest of arms and the happiest of smiles. Her daughter, her busybody daughter, finally at rest. “Welcome tah de pa’ty.” She chuckled and offered her a drink that she was sharing with Yule.

1 hour ago, SophiaTsu said:

Alli Ambrose would go to embrace Estelle with the widest of arms and the happiest of smiles. Her daughter, her busybody daughter, finally at rest. “Welcome tah de pa’ty.” She chuckled and offered her a drink that she was sharing with Yule.

Spoiler

She hugged her mother as tight as she could, "I missed yeh so much, Ma. I'm so happy ta' see yeh again." Estelle had a beaming smile, ecstatic to be with her again. She chuckled, taking the drink.