Dreams Of Malinor

Dreams of Malinor

Deep within the hearts of all Mali, lay a dormant dream often unfulfilled. A yearning of the spirit that often falls to the mind’s ego that too often plagues us. A dream of bountiful glades, of mountain peaks. Where the fish flow endlessly upon the shores. And the laughter of our children is protected by the swords and quivers of those who set upon the path of a warrior.

This dream showed its face to the surface, through desires such as the sea faring elves of Aegrothond, but thus this ‘Dream of Elvenesse’ has fallen short of what was envisioned in the mind of its holders. The dreams of a united time of Mali, has grown to be null in the minds of those who so cherish it, and to take its place a dormant meandering amongst daily life and keeping their holds and territory in order.

I must assure you my brothers and sisters, this dream that we all hold has not fallen on deaf ears. Through our collective hearts, we all wish for an even stronger unity amongst us, one unseen by even those Mali that have come before. For in my mind, body, and spirit I too often find my mind drift into the distance. I too have felt my spirit overtaken by our dreams of Malinor.

Walking in togetherness with one another, appreciating all of our individual strengths and weaknesses we shall find ourselves on the path to realizing this dream that we all hold. A time when the backs of elves will be unbowed to those who wish us harm and destruction. 

This dream that we all hold can only be achieved with the burning fire of our ancestors and a spirit of progression and forwardness in the way that we hold each other within our hearts. Thus, the time has come for a collective change amongst all descendants of Malin.

For we all, dream of Malinor.

-Yours truly, Cyrus, the Mali’ker in humble service to the united mali people

Wdv_qeXbK_EgIl_3m0ICENnfKyoWwHdDuxa-IGE2WhAZjmP7ep6-e_2S4tK25pELhDC9JeLoqSEmjhWgXD4-t6_w1rxIy2V3wQxpanWGuWhGbjV3N-V0HbK2NV4hLPYsMfYtVycK

Edited by Gangass Khan

From behind a plume of smoke, a slight smile can be seen under the shadow of the hood.
Orly's Ranger.jpg

Edited by Orlanden

Kairn Calithil too dreamt of Malinor. Of its fall, of the pristine treetops and dangling houses his father had once protected as a part of the fabled Lumi'drim. Though on the younger side compared to the Elves who walked the world then, he considered the past his father Aenor had conveyed to him with a sense of yearning. He wondered what would have become of him if he was born on the mainland rather than far across the sea. However, he dwelt not upon what he didn't have but what he did.

He considered then the work of himself and his forebear, and the fruit of his ambitions. Malinor, he reminded himself, was an idea. It was a remnant of the First Kingdom led by the August Father Malin and his armies. Though the world has always been plagued by sin perhaps there would be a day where the new generation too would take it upon themselves to make change. To accept humility, good-temperedness, and justice as their ideals and motive operandi. Until then, he thought to himself, he would yearn not for what was not feasibly his. Time ran its course like the winding stream of a river in three directions and his time in the limelight was at an end.

Yet, he imagined a world where things could be different. Where once again there was fraternity and unification and despite not believing it to be feasible given the times - his mind jumped to the reemergence of his old friends Bravepaw and Orlanden. He walked the deck of the ship he was on before departing to his chambers.

We all dream of Malinor. 

Armilas read over the missive, his eyes twinkling, It is time... to finish... my brother’s legacy.” He spoke deeply with a smile.

Galar roams around the forest of a land he knows little, sustaining himself off of the fleeting fauna that populate his corner of the world. Thinking is not a luxury he can afford, nor is it one he wishes to have, for no day is idle and to act is to survive. Even if he could, the split mind that plagues him drives him mad, sending him into fits of laughter at some times and keeping him as quiet as a mouse at others. Still, there are some nights where rest comes to this wicked man, and those are the nights where his sanity may return: the beauty of a dream gives him respite as he slumbers.

"Some dreams should stay just that." Grumbles an old elf, hobbling through the forest.

“A noble dream I must admit. However- The unity

of the Mali can never happen until we learn to accept the fact that the one’s of Larihei are simply above all. It is likewise within my dreams, dear cousins but many oppose it.” Commented Nuala Uradir as she heard the words of unity, a smile would grow on her face but then quickly disappear, as she realized the Mali can never reach true harmony. 

34 minutes ago, Gemini said:

“A noble dream I must admit. However- The unity

of the Mali can never happen until we learn to accept the fact that the one’s of Larihei are simply above all. It is likewise within my dreams, dear cousins but many oppose it.” Commented Nuala Uradir as she heard the words of unity, a smile would grow on her face but then quickly disappear, as she realized the Mali can never reach true harmony. 

"And this, llir is why we will never become a united Mali, aslong as there are those of us who think themselves above others. You have to give up something to get something." Ruathar Indoren discarded the thought that the Mali would be ready for such a bold endeavour.

A fellow 'ker stumbled upon the missive, and pondered over it for hours as he was seated with his relatives. "The first step for unity is not to call out the most populated nation of Mali." He shook his head, his fellow Clansmen gathered around him as he read the missive aloud. "Although he is not wrong. Look at what they have been doing to their own group of 'Ker. Left to rot in a Gorge, with false promises of land being forgotten about on purpose."

"Whatever this Malinor may have been it is not relevant to the current state of our kin. Clinging to the past is one of the many reasons why none of us are able to unite. Whoever this Cyrus may be he certainly does not serve the 'United Mali', for there is no such thing."

Alyndel tossed the notice to the side, not bothering to give it any further thought. Ramblings of an ignorant fool, as he had heard many times before. He could not afford to think it over too much, there was a lot of work to be done.