Election of the Sohaer: Nominations; 6 SA

Nen

Bqq--rCQaESMw4iKNjeQMak45xr8GH3FFg52LkfEOJ95_xhGNVJGxvwK3537pvHnhtjo2VGgn6OhA08qy4x8EVKp6tWomZMOYeAWFkVB9iYgojvxRIa4WXIARFQEJcVIVXorirId

ELECTION OF THE SOHAERNOMINATIONS

12th of the Snow's Maiden, 6 SA

84ux-2vMGjrGoL1wI86Pwn6TwrAKLnpHNcxYmysDkYoqOKyt-y2jLhk4m4_L-xXPzGbNzXkSg03RkWxfVxGrVYTuJ0lF-ZSR-FMZcqpLS04mt3VYxA_ja0-kZ5lJje-3n_XI_ulz

To Elmali'thill of elcihi'thilln,

As a result of the council of the Malauriran affirming myself as Maheral, the office of Sohaer now rests vacant. In these times of both renewed optimism and renewed concern, it falls once more on the blessed children of Larihei to elect a new leader.

To be Sohaer is to be ruler through teachings, tasked with chairing the Silver Council and serving as the political leader of Haelun'or, guiding the State with their platform of legislation and diplomacy. 

Nominations are to proceed as is tradition, overseen by myself and the Maelunir. For a nomination to be valid, the candidate shall come forth either of their own volition or succeeding a nomination and give a public speech, illustrating their merits and the ideology they seek to instill. Two such self-nominations have already been made by Arelyn Iyathir and Nuala Telperion. Attached are transcriptions of their speeches, though they, along with any other hopeful candidates, are invited to speak further.

Speech of Arelyn Iyathir [X]

Speech of Nuala Telperion [X]

Nominations shall stay open for the next Elven day. Late entries will not be permitted.

MAEHR’SAE HIYLUN’EHYA

Spoiler

[Apply with a speech and optional render of your character from Novaskin/any other preferred program. Responses to this post will close at 7PM EST, January 7th.]

TGiImWnUg7bLFxeZ3fiWU4YmyVLZdDVP7yuQNw1AaJ6CvuYThXpPS7Wxd2ZSsjT9S3ai66PAIOK7ailaHdQz7aXO4VSgqCllB8jQ-UPyABqBkeyYvdBF1eFUj-vFbJUmCiNc_oqG

Arelyn Iyathir stepped forth before the congregation of Mali’thill that gathered within the reverberant confines of the Citadel. Adorning a characteristic air of elegance, complimented by her pervading poise, she spoke to the hopeful listeners.

“Children of Larihei, Elves of Silver, Mali’thill of Haelun’or!"

“Liberalism, impurity, passivity. They lie in hiding in our midst, coaxing our blessed people away from Larihei’s teachings and towards everything antithetical to Elmaehr’sae Hiylun’ehya, to stagnancy.

For too long have we ignored these vices that linger in Elcihi’thilln, continuing our directionless, aimless spiral towards oblivion. I have seen Haelun’or afflicted with this decadence far too many times in its many cycles of prominence, thus I cannot bear to see it happen once again. I am certain my proclamation has made it clear how I intend to govern, and what I intend to do - see to the restoration of purity, unity and strength for our people.”

The Iyathir paused momentarily to allow the message to sink into the minds of the audience, modulating her voice to a more resolute tone, emphasising that which was to come.

"My plans for the revitalisation of the nation are a simple matter: taking the decisive strides our sovereignty has deigned to see through. If one is being forthright, every aspect of Elcihi, as of the present, requires remedy, reform or reinstatement. 

Elsillumiran miraculously flourish in these troubled times, but it must be recognised that they are in need of a new face, grounded in Larihei’s teachings as hallowed defenders of purity. Naturally, to see to the fruition of such a radical change, the change will be coordinated with Elokarir’tir Aevaris, so as to reach a mutual understanding to only further bolster our military might. There is also a place for the conscription of lessers within our ranks in order to compensate for our shortcomings in manpower, though by no means is this an excuse for the proliferation of liberalism within the minds of the people. Gate policy and citizenship also most certainly need to be reexamined. The leniency they suffer is abhorrent. 

As I have said many times before, the contemporary acceptance of liberalism, that which ultimately leads to impurity, is deplorable. Of course, I am shrewd enough to recognise its value in debating our cultural values, though it is self evident to us all that we suffer an undesirable excess of it at the present. Thus shall I see to the re-education of the liberals among us, and uprooting the impure filth that only subvert our purity. The recent initiation of San’evarir is a welcome step in the right direction, I must say, and I only intend to collaborate with Elokarir'maehr Sullas to ensuring its continuance and efficacy, furthermore devising a scheme of donation to maximising our intake of new tomes."

With her monologue mostly over, she lets out a singular sigh prior a moment of contemplation, her azure eyes surveying the audience as she added a final remark.

"I could drawl on perpetually on I intend to do, but I'll save you the droning for the time being. - regardless, do feel free to ask any burning questions that you wish addressed now, and I'd be delighted to respond."

Arelyn offered a flicker of a grin to those present upon returning to silence, her demeanour marked by that same assurance and grace that pervaded her presentation.

Once the respected opponent concluded, Nuala began by clearing her throat. The elfess would scan the gathering of Silver with a bright smile on her face. 

"I unfortunately am aware how many of you dislike me and are never going to forgive me for my past mistakes. Many of you will rather see me melt in acid than ever to see me hold any power. 

While this is unfortunate, I ne blame you. As I have said, I am by no means perfect and regardless of my old age I still am prone to mistakes. However, it is of vast importance that we learn from them. We follow the Maehr'sae to progress from our past selves. We ensure that we live up to the teachings of Larihei and renew ourselves as is needed for the betterment of the Bastion." 

You seemed to denounce the Diarchy rather quickly, why should we believe you?

"I urge you follow your heart. Words are always just words and I can not force anyone to believe me. While the sentiment of the Diarchy remains, it was Malaurir Avern'dionn that shared her blessed words. That wisdom, is what made me think. 

I am however, a Mali'thill and we shall not lie. My words remains true, Mali'thill." 

What about the words of your opponent? 

"She is a Mali'thill and a very strong candidate.- Surely more famous than I am. Her plans are very much valid and something that everyone should consider voting for. I see no reason on attacking her speech or undermining her plans as Sohaer." 

What will you do as Sohaer?

"First things first we need to ensure peace within our bastion. We must ensure we don't get into a war with anyone, however we also must ensure that justice is brought to our kin. It is the job of the Sohaer to represent our Blessed Bastion abroad, in the name of the Blessed Maheral. 

As I mentioned, I am by no means perfect; thus it would be of vast importance that I work together with the serving heial'thilln, blowing into the same fire to ensure that we shall not remain, but move forward. 

As it comes to the purity of our kin as well as within our bastion; such shall be done working with the Maheral, under his advice. For only the Epitome of Purity may guide us into the right direction. "

You are aware of how many dislike you, why are you running still?

"I serve my kin until the very last breath I take. I have done wrong to some individuals and I apologize for it. I shall redeem myself and prove myself in the eyes of the Mali'thill. Now while I understand the Sohaership is a rather high position for such; I have exclaimed that I am happy to do so by the farms. Ensuring that our people are served with proper meals. 

I have sent missives much more than many; I can not keep apologizing forever. I know that I may not please everyone but there are people who do want me in the government. Now it may or may not be less than my opponents, but I own it to those to make sure I am progressive. I would not dare to call myself Mali'thill if I was to stop serving my nation and my Maheral. "

Is there anything else you would wish to add?

"I might lose this elections and perhaps even the next one, however I shall not give up. 

Whether you vote for me or not, I am blessed to be able to call you my kin."

With that the Telperion offered a curtsy to the crowd that was ever so silent. Not a singular boo, not a singular clap. Mali'thill idly looking at the woman. 

As Nuala Telperion turned away, she would stop; looking forward into empitness and yell. 

"AY'LARIHEI"